Changing lenses x5...
1938 3 2016-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonathandear
lvl.2
Australia

Hey guys

I'm wondering how you guys change lenses on the x5 mounted on the osmo?

When I switch lenses (12 / 25 and 45) I turn the osmo into standby and then remove and attach lenses.

The issue is when I bring the osmo back on and awake often the video feed is black and unresponsive (no live view). Only when I kill the app and reopen (sometimes also disconnect wifi and reconnect) it comes back.

Obviosuly not ideal having to wait or having to do this process mid shoot wanting to change quickly from wide to tight shots...

So change with osmo active? Any workarounds??!

Dji can you explain why this happens on the x5 osmo Pro with latest firmware / dji go app on the iPhone 6?

Jonathan
2016-9-21
Use props
Jonathandear
lvl.2
Australia

Also it appears the osmo is recording footage (while the screen is black) so it seems a wifi feed issue... I've tried both GHz ranges and switching and it's outdoors away from any interference
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, it's not a bug, it's designed like this that when Osmo Pro wakes up from standby, you need to reconnect wifi and restart the app.   There's currently no work around for this, because unscrewing the lenses while Osmo Pro is on will obviously harm the gimbal.
2016-9-21
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah it's a bit slow compared to a dslr but the footage makes up for it. These days I also carry & shoot with my canon dslr too & can cut between them. I find while the Osmo is doing its power dance I click the wifi settings on my phone & then open the DJI app & its normally good to go. So 30s not too bad?

PS - How do you find the 25mm lens?
2016-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules