Osmo Mobile - Android - No Slow Motion??
18159 17 2016-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
evangelion5150
New

Guatemala

So after been using the original Osmo and been pleased with its capabilities, I just got the new Osmo Mobile cuz, lets face it...  cell phones nowadays have a better camera than the original Osmo.   But so sad to find out that for some reason, DJI has left out various features for us Android users.    So the question is...  is DJI planning to enable Slow Motion video capture on Android??    The Samsung Galaxy S7 arguably has the best camera on the market today (for Android,  dont want to offend iOS users) and been unable to pair the incredible Slow Motion feature with the Osmo stabilization is just ... well,  balls!      

Is it me the only one with this concern?   any workaround?

Cheers!
2016-9-21
Use props
poppylfh-sp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3902884 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can use the Mobile to stabilize your phone/photos/video and use your native phone camera. Can't live stream yet on Android and max resolution is only 2160 so if want to live stream I'm using Mobile to stabilize and phone apps, Facebook and YouTube to live stream. And if I want higher resolution also use native phone app. For ActiveTrack, 1080 works much better than higher resolution also right now, at least on HTC 10.
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

In addition to what 2# said, some features are indeed lacking some Android phones, like no 4K for some phones.

The rule of thumb is this,

1. If your stock camera has the feature   and , 2. If 3rd party can have this feature    and 3. Your phone is a mainstream/popular one.   

Then you'll have it on DJI Go for Osmo Mobile.

Some phones, like Samsung Galaxy S6/ S6E, simply doesn't provide the 4K video API to 3rd parties, thus makes it very difficult, though not impossible, for DJI to incorporate 4K in DJI Go for them.  

2016-9-21
Use props
4ffhtOKcW7mP
New

Australia

THis is a real bummer for me. Just received my Osmo Mobile today and a bit dismayed my DJI Go app will not record in 1080p 60fps even though the phone can do it. (Samsung Galaxy S7 edge)

I was looking forward to this functionality. Given the problems the Osmo Mobile is having with Apple's stabilization this is a further bit of bad news as I was considering going Apple route.
2016-9-21
Use props
lukas3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 577543 ft
Czechia

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-22 14:15
In addition to what 2# said, some features are indeed lacking some Android phones, like no 4K for so ...

Ok, but WHY don't you allow to turn on/off recording via built in app with buttons on Osmo? Every bluetooth selfie stick for $10 know it (I can shoot images with selfie stick) but with $300 Osmo I am unable to do it and for every shoot I need to click on display? Very annonying I need to record in 4K or 60p and as I have noticed, it's only possible to built in Samsung camera app. But I am unable to use buttons on Osmo then. WHY?
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

lukas3 Posted at 2016-9-26 04:03
Ok, but WHY don't you allow to turn on/off recording via built in app with buttons on Osmo? Every  ...

I guess that function wasn't designed because DJI assume that you will use and only use DJI Go with Osmo Mobile.

We'll consider add this function, thank you.
2016-9-26
Use props
lukas3
lvl.2
Czechia

Thank you. Either allow 4K and 60p in DJI GO, or let me use Osmo buttons for start/stop movie recording in built-in cam app. Another problem is - I am unable to save movies to SD card when using DJI GO. I have only few GB of free space on device, but have 120 GB of free on SD card... There is no setting to choose where to save movies. Please add this function. Thank you.
2016-9-26
Use props
tcapote
New

United States

lukas3 Posted at 2016-9-26 04:16
Thank you. Either allow 4K and 60p in DJI GO, or let me use Osmo buttons for start/stop movie record ...

+1

Agreed, can't save to SD card, that just does not make any sense?
2016-10-6
Use props
charmthepi
lvl.1

lukas3 Posted at 2016-9-26 19:16
Thank you. Either allow 4K and 60p in DJI GO, or let me use Osmo buttons for start/stop movie record ...

just face it, after all the great work on the other dji products, they really dropped the ball on the mobile and just left us android users screwed! should have announced this product strictly for ios users since their pro ios!
2016-10-8
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Czechia

I turned back Osmo Mobile to the store. It is UNFINISHED product for Android.
2016-10-9
Use props
apkhou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3802 ft
United States

LukasBlecha Posted at 2016-10-10 01:26
I turned back Osmo Mobile to the store. It is UNFINISHED product for Android.

Even me too. Returned it. Waste of time and effort.
2016-10-10
Use props
GeoIII
lvl.1

For what it's worth, FilmicPro will allow you to shoot in slow motion, however they've yet to finalize the app so you while you can adjust exposure and focus from the Mobile 2, you can't use the record button to start/stop recording or the zoom switch to zoom (strange, I know).  Supposedly Filmic is working on this functionality with DJI.
2018-5-12
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

The Samsung Note 8 is a Flagship phone.. no slomo through the Go app
2018-6-27
Use props
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

And here I am two years later with the Osmo Mobile *2*, and still no slow motion on Android.
20. Are all features available for Android and iOS systems?
The shooting capabilities of the Osmo Mobile 2 depend on what type of mobile phone system you use. Consequently, Android users may not be able to use the fully-optimized functions of the Osmo Mobile 2. DJI is working with Android phone manufacturers to provide a better user experience to all Android users. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Features
iOS
Android

Beautify
Yes
Yes

ActiveTrack
Yes
Yes

Slow Motion
Yes
No

Timelapse
Yes
Yes

Live Stream
Yes
Yes

Manual Adjust
Yes
No

180° Panorama
Available on back camera
Available on both front and back cmeras

330° Panorama
Available on back camera, 7 shots
Available on both front and back cameras, 8 shots

9-Shot Panorama
Available on back camera
Available on both front and back cameras

Photo Burst Mode
Yes
No

HDR
Yes
Depends on phone model

4K Video
Yes
Depends on phone model

AE/AF Lock
Yes
Depends on phone model

Light Trail
Yes
Depends on phone model

Long Exposure
Yes
Depends on phone model

2018-7-10
Use props
kegobeer
lvl.2
United States

The Google Pixel 2 / 2XL is a major flagship phone - how do I make a formal request that slow motion be added to the Android app for these phones?
2018-7-15
Use props
kegobeer
lvl.2
United States

Is this the only method to ask for the Pixel 2 to get slow motion?
2018-7-18
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I wonder what does iPhone may use to get best results? I give up. I will buy iOs for only my drone and my osmo.
2018-9-19
Use props
djiuser_4dMUic2Pmokh
New
Indonesia

Same case with me on Pocophone F1. No slowmotion mode on dji Go app. But, happy to see 4k resolution is available and ready to explore.

Cheers from dji user Indonesia!.

2019-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules