Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello all,

Looking for some feedback here.  I have had the P2V+, P3P, P4 and I just ordered the I1 Pro black...I hope I have made the right choice.  I love flying my P4, well just flying in general, and the video/pics it takes, I think is awesome.  Do any of you have any suggestions, pointers, etc. once I receive the I1?  I know, I kow, read the manual front to back and watch the tutorials.  I have started to watch and read before I even have received it.

Also, do you think it would be wise to buy the DJI care package for the I1?  I did for the P4 and am very thankful I did due to a depth perception mishap I had just recently.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
2016-9-21
Use props
dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Well, this is very different experience you're about to stumble in. Thankfully the interface is almost identical (aside advanced camera features). Yet the bird behaves with more ... maturity (for the lack of better description) due to much bigger mass. While Phantoms are swift and agile like fox terriers, Inspire flies with distinct nobility and power like boxers. Yes, DJI insurance is not bad idea at all ... Most crashes due to pilot errors happen during first 2-3 months before you get enough practice to fly $3K aircraft with confidence ... Suggestion: try few first flights without gimbal attached and within close LOS, just to get the feel of different dynamics ... Good luck, bro.
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Dobmatt does bring up some good suggestions to follow. I would recommend getting DJI Care to protect your investment. You seem to be in a good mindset as to how to start prepairing for your new craft, best of luck to you and happy flying.
2016-9-23
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

From Second Officer Donnie

Make sure that you test fly with the original setup you get from the factory , dont do ANY UPDATES  until you register and test fly with existing FW versions.  It is very important that You NEVER update the RC before the aircraft if they both have updates, even if the RC says update is ready for upload, check and see if one is for the Aircraft as well and download that one first.  
I see this quite often , pilots upgrade the the Inspire and being a ilttle familiar start updating before testing system, this can lock up your system if you do not register first.  

***Write down your starting FW versions so you have record of it .

**** Always update the AC first.  
*****Make sure when you do upload FW taht you are using the PRO  firmware and NOT the RAW or standard Inspire.  Triple check this, the numbers will look very similar but are different !  This causes a lot of grief, triple check that you are loading the Pro Version of FW.

*** The camera is much more complicated  with the X5, dont blame the camera if your shots looked beter on the P3P.  This will take some time, when you get it right you will  clearly see the advantage of the X5.  

I did the same upgrade from the P3P  and love my Inspire .
I would pass on the Insurance, but that is your call.  I feel it is to expensive.  

Read my tips page as well, before updating or flying.  
http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

Be sure to always address me as Second Officer or Sir  !

All the Best -
Second Officer

donnie

( The other line was a joke , hope you have a sense of humor on this forum too )

2016-9-23
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-9-22 02:18
Well, this is very different experience you're about to stumble in. Thankfully the interface is almo ...

Dobmatt,
Thanks for your input and I agree with what you said.  Note taken and, again, thanks.
2016-9-23
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-23 11:09
Dobmatt does bring up some good suggestions to follow. I would recommend getting DJI Care to protect ...

DJI-Jamie,

Thanks for your input as well.  I am excited to get it and will take you up on your suggestions.
2016-9-23
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-23 13:40
Make sure that you test fly with the original setup you get from the factory , dont do ANY UPDATES   ...

Sir, yes, Sir, Second Officer, Sir

Yes, I do have a sense of humor...have to, to be a dronie.

Thanks for the heads up on the FW updates.  I think I did know about updating the FW on the quad 1st, but its nice to have a reminder other then a "hand slapping on my forehead" moment.

Thanks again.
2016-9-23
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

I will second that. AVOID updates!! I stopped doing FW updates 6 months ago and have had excellent results.
I did one FW update that practically castrated my X5 camera and was able to roll back. Haven't done any updates since.
"If it ain't broke.... don't fix it!!"
You will love the Inspire and the X5. I came up through the ranks also.
Phantom standard > Phantom Pro > Inspire (X3) > Inspire Pro X5.
Found my niche!
2016-9-23
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-9-23 21:06
I will second that. AVOID updates!! I stopped doing FW updates 6 months ago and have had excellent r ...

Aeromirage,
Thanks for your reply.  I'm confused now...I have all ways done the FW update on my P3P and P4 and have not had any issues....The bug fixes were fixed as some point, such as...the altitude drop on the phantom 4...it was there, but DJI eventually fixed it.   So...now when I get my new I1PRO...don't do any FW updates??
2016-9-23
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

If it works well out of the box, I wouldn't do any.
Every time a new FW update comes along, the forums are loaded with reports of problems... some quite serious.
For a detail of my query, see: http://forum.dji.com/thread-52361-1-1.html
2016-9-23
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

ProQuad Posted at 2016-9-23 21:28
Aeromirage,
Thanks for your reply.  I'm confused now...I have all ways done the FW update on my P3 ...

I update mine as well but not right away , let the update be out there for about a month,  I cant confirm this but I think DJI tweaks some things and the Immediate installers are  guinea pigs or "Beta Testers "( is now the vernacular .)

It would be nice if you could compare side by side two Inspires, one always updated and the other on like  1.4.  and see if they react the same.  

Aeromirage is very knowledgeable as are several others around here, you will figure out who knows what though in short order.

Have fun and keep us posted

donnie
2016-9-24
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-9-24 11:01
If it works well out of the box, I wouldn't do any.
Every time a new FW update comes along, the foru ...

Aero,  Thanks.  I read your other query.  You and Donnie (Second Officer) are making the most sense right now...lol and I have not even received mine yet.

Good to know, and thank again.
2016-9-25
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-24 20:46
I update mine as well but not right away , let the update be out there for about a month,  I cant  ...

Donnie,
Thanks again.  I like the guinea pig idea (although, I have been that guinea pig on occasion).
And your right, I all ready am figuring out whom to "trust" and whom to just skip over.

ProQuad
2016-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules