o(^-^)o
numeric
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59711 ft
  • >>>
France

In ENGLISH

Hello,

Sorry for my bad english (Google translation)

Below is the statement of the problem for which I just enter the DJI support.

May I also post on this forum to open in the comunity of users to maximize my chances of getting a solution.

After updating the firmware of my 1.2.503 4 Phantom, I thought it useful to calibrate the VPS via DJI Wizard 2 / OSX El Capitan 10.11.6.

I had problems with my resolution monitors 23 'and finally I installed a 30' to finally succeed in entering the calibration by adjusting resolutions.

Everything is OK with the framing stages but there is a problem with the arrival of the vertical and horizontal adjustment.

As soon as I arrive in one of the two phases of vertical adjustment (P4 right then coated) the cursor is not centered.

It is all down randomly and sometimes rather in the top center but never unlike the videos I had seen when I see that the cursor is centered.

I specify that, unlike the vertical adjustment, it frequently happens that the horizontal adjustment is centered.

I tried to do the procedure by fitting the P4 on a pile of books at the right height for it to be fixed and be sure it was not me that was moving but that's like.

I also indicated that at the end of the calibration process, despite centering problem discussed above, the calibration is accepted and stored by DJI Wizard 2

What to do please?

Pending a solution, is that the "Reset Factory" may allow rehabilitation of VPS in the same condition it was in unpacking the P4, with the same security conditions?

Cordially.

Jacques

...................................................................................................................................................................................................

En FRANCAIS

Bonjour,

Ci-dessous l'exposé du problème pour lequel je viens de saisir le support DJI.

Je me permets de poster également sur ce forum afin d'ouvrir à la comunauté des utilisateurs pour maximiser mes chances d'obtenir une solution.

Après mise à jour du firmware 1.2.503 de mon Phantom 4, j’ai cru utile de calibrer le VPS via Assistant DJI 2 / OSX El Capitan 10.11.6.

J’ai eu des problèmes de résolution avec mes moniteurs 23’ et, finalement, j’ai installé un 30‘ pour enfin réussir à entrer dans la calibration en jouant sur les résolutions.

Tout est OK avec les phases encadrement mais il y a un problème dès l’arrivée du réglage vertical et horizontal.

Dès que j’arrive dans l’une des deux phases du réglage vertical (P4 droit puis couché) le curseur n’est pas centré.

Il se trouve aléatoirement tout en bas et quelquefois plutôt dans le haut mais jamais au centre contrairement aux vidéos que j’avais vu où je vois que le curseur est centré.

Je précise qu'à l'inverse du réglage vertical, il arrive fréquemment que le réglage horizontal soit centré.

J’ai essayé de faire la procédure en calant le P4 sur une pile de livres à la bonne hauteur pour qu’il soit fixe et être certain que ce n’était pas moi qui bougeait mais cela fait pareil.

J'indique aussi qu'à la fin du processus de calibration, malgré le problème de centrage exposé ci-dessus, la calibration est acceptée et sauvegardée par DJI Assistant 2

Que faire SVP ?

En attendant une solution, est-ce que le "Reset Factory" peut permettre une remise en état du VPS, dans le même état qu'il était au déballage du P4, avec les mêmes conditions de sécurité ?

Cordialement.

Jacques

2016-9-22
Use props
gmccurdy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft

You do not need to place the drone on books.  Just point it at the screen, close by it too, and move it around by hand until the squares overlap.  It happens very quickly once it does the overlap.
2016-9-22
Use props
numeric
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Hello.
Thank you for the answer.
I have used books only after I realized the problem by calibrating hand before , I was just like the movies I tried with books to see if it was not me that was moving too .
During the phase of frames, hand- as with books , it works perfectly.
It was after during the horizontal and vertical calibration that something is wrong .
The cursor is never at the center and is very random at the top or bottom
I hope I understood then that I pass by Google translation .
Cordially
Jacques
2016-9-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2016-9-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

numeric Posted at 2016-9-23 01:19
Hello.
Thank you for the answer.
I have used books only after I realized the problem by calibrating  ...

Did the tutorial video Aardvark help at all ?
If you tilt the aircraft up or down can you get the box to the center of the screen.
2016-9-22
Use props
numeric
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Hello,
I am grateful for your interest in my problem.
This video is very useful and it is especially since the latter I had seen how to proceed.
If I move the P4 up or down the cursor moves accordingly.
The problem is that it is not centered when this phase of the calibration appears when the video we can see that the cursor is centered at the beginning of the vertical and horizontal calibration.
Anyway, I took the risk of stealing P4 earlier with the VPS on.
The flight was on outside, no wind, and the P4 was remarkably stable.
Note that I tried again a calibration from a MacBook Pro 17-inch and this time the problem was the same as with other monitors.
I happen to think there might be simply a bug with OSX.
Thanks again.
Cordially.
Jacques
2016-9-23
Use props
numeric
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Also thank you to Aardvark for video.
I knew and that is also in pre watching this video I had seen how to calibrate the VPS.
But it is also from this video I had just seen that the calibration of the vertical stage / horizontal starts with the cursor centered unlike me.

2016-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules