Better way travel with your inspire 1 case
7460 32 2015-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ooilouis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119062 ft
Singapore

hi , i just find a bettery way to travel with my inspire 1 .

Trolley front

Trolley front

Trolley back

Trolley back

2015-1-31
Use props
MainlineAerial
New

United States

Was just thinking about this idea. Nice work!
2015-1-31
Use props
pandppurchase.g
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Peli Storm Case 2875 with an inbuilt pulling handle takes the entire case perfectly. Totally suitable for an Aircraft hold and super strong.
2015-2-3
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

pandppurchase.g Posted at 2015-2-4 03:20
Peli Storm Case 2875 with an inbuilt pulling handle takes the entire case perfectly. Totally suitabl ...

Have you purchased the Peli Case ?

Would like to see some images if you have with the Inspire inside or even the case.
2015-2-5
Use props
pandppurchase.g
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi Yes, purchased it, works absolutely fine, I've attached a image hopefully will come through. You have the choice of taking the foam insert out and then slipping it into the case or my preferred option of putting the whole case inside the Peli all along case, Its even better for travelling as when you get to your destination you have either option of their case or the Peli. You will find that you have around 5 cm of space on the base where you can store other items, trousers or the like!
IMG_0855.JPG
2015-2-6
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

pandppurchase.g Posted at 2015-2-6 18:13
Hi Yes, purchased it, works absolutely fine, I've attached a image hopefully will come through. You  ...

Nice,

Thanks for the photo, appreciated.
2015-2-6
Use props
Roastie
lvl.2

France

pandppurchase.g Posted at 2015-2-4 03:20
Peli Storm Case 2875 with an inbuilt pulling handle takes the entire case perfectly. Totally suitabl ...

Just out of interest, what do you do with the LiPos ?  Are they allowed in the hold?

Cheers
Roastie
2015-2-6
Use props
pandppurchase.g
lvl.3

United Kingdom

No, definitely not in the UK (Europe) and suppose the same in USA its only two allowed on the plane per passenger. They have to be no higher than 100 WATT HOURS after that its special clearance from the airline company. I'd take the lower capacity 4500mah 99.90 watt hours TB7 Inspire battery (Discharged down to 1 indicator light) with me in hand luggage in a safety charging bag, declare it at 'check in' before going through the scanner. The TB7 Lipo just comes under the restrictions for carry on hand luggage, its a definite 'no no in the hold for UK airlines and understandably so. I'm due to take a EASYJET flight in a couple of days with a Inspire lipo, just be 'up front' about its presence in your hand luggage. I'll update this post if I get any problems at check in!
2015-2-6
Use props
pandppurchase.g
lvl.3

United Kingdom

pandppurchase.g Posted at 2015-2-7 02:35
No, definitely not in the UK (Europe) and suppose the same in USA its only two allowed on the plane  ...

EASY TO UNDERSTAND CAA REGS ARE HERE:-
TABLE TWO WITHIN THE INFO PAGE APPLIES
http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=2200&pageid=14501
2015-2-6
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

pandppurchase.g Posted at 2015-2-7 02:42
EASY TO UNDERSTAND CAA REGS ARE HERE:-
TABLE TWO WITHIN THE INFO PAGE APPLIES
http://www.caa.co.uk ...

Very confusing.

This is what I found on the Qantas website and it even refers to model aircraft:

Electronic Devices Powered by Batteries
Devices and battery numbers are limited to personnel use amounts.
Lithium Ion Batteries (rechargeable) - under 101Wh in Equipment
These batteries are usually used in small electronic equipment/devices eg, mobile phones, laptops, tablets, game consoles, power tools, model aircraft, CPAP, Oxygen Concentrators etc.
Requirements
equipment containing batteries must have the ON/OFF switch protected to prevent accidental activation when packed in checked baggage
all spare batteries must travel as carry-on baggage only
Important
Devices containing lithium ion batteries over 160Wh are not permitted as passenger baggage and must be sent as freight. NOTE: Watt hours (Wh) are determined by multiplying the voltage (V) by the amp hours (Ah). ie. 12V x 5Ah = 60Wh
To request an airline approval, email dg@qantas.com.au.

2015-2-6
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Yep did the same luggage dolly's are cheap on Amazon.
2015-2-6
Use props
NomadicFlight
lvl.1

United States

Very interesting mention in regards to baggage regulations...
I'll have to check up on our domestic laws here in the US to confirm this for myself (and others in the US).

Update: I checked in with tsa.gov (http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/prohibited-items) and after browsing all the "Prohibited Items" that were listed (Latest revision was on: 26 January 2015) I couldn't seem to find anything regarding batteries lipoly/lithium ion. Looks like traveling with spare batteries in the US is an OK. Not sure how gate security would fare with these items heading international though....

All in all it seems to me that this might only be a regulation within the UK.
Hope it all works out for you fellow pilots!
2015-2-6
Use props
stuzphotos.emai
lvl.2

United States

Are you able to open the DJI case when it is in the Pelican case or do you have to remove the DJI case from the Pelican case  to get the Inspire out ?
2015-2-6
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

NomadicFlight Posted at 2015-2-7 03:56
I'll have to check up on our domestic  ...

Just got back from a US -> Honduras -> Costa Rica trip with no issues regarding spare batteries.  I carried the Inspire on board with (5) TB47 batteries.

The FAA rules as I understand them:  (pertaining to the Inspire 1)
  • Can only check (1) battery of any size, and ONLY if it is installed in the Inspire.
  • Can only carry on (1) TB48 batter per person.
  • Can carry on any amount of TB47 batteries.

- mike
2015-2-7
Use props
tpallai.yahoo
lvl.4

United States

MJDMike Posted at 2015-2-8 00:57
Just got back from a US -> Honduras -> Costa Rica trip with no issues regarding spare batteries.   ...

Were you able to fit it as a carry on? I didn't think the cases fit.
2015-2-7
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

tpallai.yahoo Posted at 2015-2-8 09:50
Were you able to fit it as a carry on? I didn't think the cases fit.

Yes, it fits fine in the overhead bins of a 737-800.  I flew on 3 different interior models of the 737-800, meaning the bins all had different door configurations.  The case fit in all 3 without a problem, and never got a glance from flight attendants or passengers.

In a 737-800

In a 737-800
2015-2-7
Use props
pandppurchase.g
lvl.3

United Kingdom

stuzphotos.emai Posted at 2015-2-7 09:00
Are you able to open the DJI case when it is in the Pelican case or do you have to remove the DJI ca ...

No, you have to lift it out, no big deal though. It's just that I prefer to have a choice of two cases when travelling to a overseas destination
2015-2-8
Use props
jjsantry82.gmai
lvl.1

United States

New Inspire 1 case by FlyMotion Unmanned Systems now available at California Drone Supply. International shipping options available! This case is constructed from hi-quality a Pelican case shell and military grade foam. Fits 1 x inspire 1 in travel mode, 6 x batteries, 2 x tablets, 2 x remotes, with propellor and accessory storage slots. $459 with low shipping. Visit http://www.cadronesupply.com/fly ... cal-transport-case/
2015-2-9
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

pandppurchase.g Posted at 2015-2-6 18:13
Hi Yes, purchased it, works absolutely fine, I've attached a image hopefully will come through. You  ...

Could you provide the manufacturer and model of the case you show here?
2015-2-10
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

NomadicFlight Posted at 2015-2-7 03:56
I'll have to check up on our domestic  ...

I have travelled with Lipo Battiers all the time on airlines.  I believe the TSA wants you to carry them on.  I take them out ahead of time as I would with a laptop and I have never had problems travelling with this in the US out of Newark, West Palm and Fort Lauderdale.
2015-2-10
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rsghowellnj.gma Posted at 2015-2-10 18:25
Could you provide the manufacturer and model of the case you show here?

Is this the Pelican Storm Case Model IM2875-00000?  B&H has it pretty reasonable so I wanted to make sure.  I think they have it for about $200.
2015-2-10
Use props
pandppurchase.g
lvl.3

Spain

rsghowellnj.gma Posted at 2015-2-10 18:48
Is this the Pelican Storm Case Model IM2875-00000?  B&H has it pretty reasonable so I wanted to ma ...

Apologies for the delay, absolutley it's the Peli case, travelled with it this week, worked a treat, especially after it was looked after by the airport handling staff....
2015-2-13
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

pandppurchase.g Posted at 2015-2-13 17:40
Apologies for the delay, absolutley it's the Peli case, travelled with it this week, worked a trea ...

Thank you for the confirmation.  I travel with my other quad quite a bit so this is a great alternative then to spend 450+ for another hard case.  Again thanks!
2015-2-13
Use props
bob
lvl.1

United States

MJDMike Posted at 2015-2-8 00:57
Just got back from a US -> Honduras -> Costa Rica trip with no issues regarding spare batteries.   ...

I realize this thread is a bit older but just as an aside, see this:
http://phmsa.dot.gov/safetravel/batteries

As I'm understanding the chart:

You are allowed to check or carry on either battery size if installed in the Inspire.
You are allowed 2 TB48's as carry on.
You are allowed an unlimited number of TB47's as carry on.
You cannot check either battery as spares.
2015-2-22
Use props
stevenaremore
New

United States

TuffyCases.com is releasing a case next week for the inspire 1.  I use their Phantom case and it works fine.  Actually, quite solid for a soft sided transport case.  I was told around $235.
2015-2-28
Use props
will
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for the heads up on the Pelican.  I was REALLY trying to avoid spending almost $500 USD for a custom case, especially considering the money I already have in a backpack + Tradecraft case for my Phantom 2.  Around $225 is totally acceptable!
2015-2-28
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

MJDMike Posted at 2015-2-8 10:28
Yes, it fits fine in the overhead bins of a 737-800.  I flew on 3 different interior models of the ...

That case has a zipper on it, is it the Pelican case? Or did the Pelican not fit?
2015-2-28
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-1 08:34
That case has a zipper on it, is it the Pelican case? Or did the Pelican not fit?

That's the supplied DJI Inspire case.  I don't have a Pelican case.  Anything much larger than the Inspire case won't likely fit.  It was pretty tight on a few of the flights.
2015-2-28
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Ok, that's what I thought thanks.
2015-2-28
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 519275 ft
Canada

Just ordered one of these:
http://www.tradecraftcases.com/product-p/ins1.htm
Case holds inspire 1 without entering travel mode.
2015-3-5
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

jonathanp Posted at 2015-3-6 04:42
Just ordered one of these:
http://www.tradecraftcases.com/product-p/ins1.htm
Case holds inspire 1 wi ...

I'm ordering this case right now been looking a while and this is the one that allows one to keep the bird in flight mode..
Wicked deal ty for posting this up !
2015-3-8
Use props
bobbym2075
New

United States

Check out Go Professional Cases.  They have four different Inspire 1 cases available.  All of which have wheels and travel handle
2015-4-24
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

And for those that have the Inspire and vision  go professionals are selling a new case that let you carry both drones and all the accessories and batteries in one case
2015-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules