Warranty/ online support problems
1445 15 2016-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
connoryankees4
lvl.1

United States

I sent my Phantom 3 Standard in for repair for a gimbal issue. It arrived in CA yesterday and today i recieved an invoice from DJI saying that the parts are not under warranty because of a user error. This is very hard to imagine becuase although i have crashed the Phantom once it wasnt broken until a while after the crash (possibly a week). So today i asked online support (who i stayed on with for over an hour) to try and recieve data from my flight logs so they could prove it was a human error. All they did was send a picture of the price of the parts(which was included in an email I recieved). I feel like im just going in circles with support not going anywhere. Anybody on here with help would be appreciated.
2016-9-22
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to say but the user error is referring  to the crash you had 1 week earlier which has caused the damage, 1 week does not really say much, depends on which part you damaged when crashed and to what extent the part was damaged.

I have seen other users have crashed/water damage/accidents and fly fine straight after but then weeks/sometimes months down the line experience issues that were due to the crash/water damage etc they had previously.

Dji would have accessed your flight records/data on the internal memory also to help find the issue with gimbal,and what exactly happened when you crashed.
2016-9-22
Use props
connoryankees4
lvl.1

United States

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-22 19:04
Sorry to say but the user error is referring  to the crash you had 1 week earlier which has caused t ...

That is what i was thinking might've happened. Just strange that a small crash can dramatically change the gimbal after a week. If you care here are the pics of the gimbal before and after

tilt- http://imgur.com/a/YZPxz

no tilt- http://imgur.com/0eNz0OK
2016-9-22
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

connoryankees4 Posted at 2016-9-23 00:17
That is what i was thinking might've happened. Just strange that a small crash can dramatically ch ...

after the crash did you take any action,as in calibrations ? other than looking over your flight logs/data its impossible to say which part was damaged/and to what extent.
2016-9-22
Use props
connoryankees4
lvl.1

United States

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-22 19:23
after the crash did you take any action,as in calibrations ? other than looking over your flight  ...

yes many times with support gimbal cal. imu cal gimbal roll but it was too severe nothing would fix it

heres the list of parts that need replacing dji crap.png
2016-9-22
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

connoryankees4 Posted at 2016-9-23 00:31
yes many times with support gimbal cal. imu cal gimbal roll but it was too severe nothing would fi ...

looking at the parts list looks like the gimbal motor,cover,axis bracket was severely damaged in the crash enough to cause the issues you are having,beyond repair.Also i would think it was more than just a small crash to cause this much damage to the gimbal.

How did the "small crash" occur ? did you hit a tree, have heavy landing on uneven ground,hit a object while in flight ? trying to establish the extent of the impact/conditions of the crash.
2016-9-22
Use props
connoryankees4
lvl.1

United States

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-22 19:56
looking at the parts list looks like the gimbal motor,cover,axis bracket was severely damaged in ...

came to land put on auto land it touched down quickly then flew 1ft up and flipped and hit the ground. Ground isnt the flattest ground but it never had problems before landing that was the only time it had trouble
2016-9-22
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

connoryankees4 Posted at 2016-9-23 01:02
came to land put on auto land it touched down quickly then flew 1ft up and flipped and hit the gro ...

when it auto landed did you touch the control sticks at all ? trying to establish why it flew up 1ft then flipped,hit the ground after auto landing.

Did the props stop/shutdown after the auto landing ?after the auto landing the props should have stopped/shutdown normally instantly.

all i can presume is that DJI have accessed your flight logs/data and have seen a pilot error/stick command that caused the crash which in turn has caused the damage to the gimbal.
2016-9-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello sir, agree with TechReviews, crashing may lead to some problems. After receiving your aircraft, engineers will make an analysis and evaluation. You need pay for it because of pilot error.
2016-9-22
Use props
connoryankees4
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-22 22:51
Hello sir, agree with TechReviews, crashing may lead to some problems. After receiving your aircraft ...

Once they evaluate the aircraft can i receive a report about what was wrong/ what they saw?
2016-9-23
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

connoryankees4 Posted at 2016-9-22 17:31
yes many times with support gimbal cal. imu cal gimbal roll but it was too severe nothing would fi ...

Anyone know why the invoice says Original price and the Unit price, which is higher?

Just curious
2016-9-23
Use props
connoryankees4
lvl.1

United States

mochorm Posted at 2016-9-23 17:23
Anyone know why the invoice says Original price and the Unit price, which is higher?

Just curiou ...

they are charging more for the parts. I pay the amount column and im assuming they buy they parts for the original price.
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

connoryankees4 Posted at 2016-9-24 05:06
Once they evaluate the aircraft can i receive a report about what was wrong/ what they saw?

Hello sir, may I know your case number? i will help you look into the case.
2016-9-23
Use props
connoryankees4
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-23 21:56
Hi Just curious, may I know your case number? I'll look into it

The case number is CAS-253260-Q1X2Z3
2016-9-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

connoryankees4 Posted at 2016-9-25 00:00
The case number is CAS-253260-Q1X2Z3

Hello sir, because it hit the uneven ground about one week ago, gimbal roll has been damaged even through it could work for a while.
In that case, you need pay for repairing caused pilot error. You have received the e-mail with quotation, right?
2016-9-28
Use props
connoryankees4
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-28 05:43
Hello sir, because it hit the uneven ground about one week ago, gimbal roll has been damaged even  ...

Yes i have received a qoute
2016-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules