Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Adobe Premiere Elements vs PowerDirector
2171 5 2016-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danchez
lvl.1
United States

Please read whole thread before responding.
OK, I have read numerous threads and have narrowed my choice down to one of these two for my video editing. I just got an OSMO by the way, but I digress. So here's where things get a bit murky. I have been a professional photographer for years and I am very familiar with Adobe Photoshop and I am kind of leaning toward the Adobe Premiere because I think it would be a smoother transition/learning curve. So for those of you that have experience with Adobe Photoshop, which video editor did you pick and why?

2016-9-22
Use props
danchez
lvl.1
United States

Well, I was hoping for a few more responses than this. ha ha
2016-9-24
Use props
mustangracr11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 912 ft
United States

Me too, I've been flying for a while now, but all I have to show for it is a bunch of unedited video.  Looking for an intuitive and fun program to use.  Not looking for anything too fancy, but something reliable.  Haven't found any yet.
2016-9-25
Use props
abarnes087
New

mustangracr11@g Posted at 2016-9-25 22:11
Me too, I've been flying for a while now, but all I have to show for it is a bunch of unedited video ...

I use the free gopro editing app. Its pretty easy to use and best of all free.
2016-9-25
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have been using photoshop for 13 years.

I found using premiere pro easier to learn than photoshop.
2016-9-25
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

I think that Photoshop and Premier are very different in that I don't think my years and years of experience in Photoshop helped me one bit with Premier just because they're both Adobe anyway. I first started with the Movie Maker app that came with my Mac, then Final Cut Pro, then Adobe Premier.

If Premier is more similar to any Adobe Product I'd say that it has more similarities to Flash (if you have any experience there) just because you're working with a timeframe in both. And that is somewhat similar. There's certainly a learning curve...

I've found YouTube to be most helpful with my Adobe Premier learning. There's an endless list of helpful videos that can show you step-by-step how to use to program.

Try a few and see what works best for you.

2016-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules