OSMO+ Doesn't pick up sound
4066 17 2016-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tangocs
lvl.1

I just received my OSMO and everything seems to work except the audio. I turn on the sound and even internal mic and the audio meter doesn't even move, then when I connect to EXT mic it says EXT but then same thing, the audio meter doesn't move.
Am I possibly received a defect or is there something else I need to do to make it work?
I updated the OSMO+ to the one-and-only firmware on the website and still same thing. Before I update the app it had a red mic and no sound, after the app updated it's just grey bars and not moving.
Please help!

2016-9-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi tangocs, please make sure you turned on the Audio Recording function and use the external Mic while recording.
And if still no sound , please upload the original video files to dropbox and send me the link.
We will help to check it.
2016-9-22
Use props
tangocs
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-23 14:45
Hi tangocs, please make sure you turned on the Audio Recording function and use the external Mic whi ...

I did turn on the sound recording in the setting. I mean it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out, also since I tried the int and ext mic, both nothing. Did a reflash as the rep instructed me and same thing.
Hope I didn't receive a faulty item because I have a shoot in 2 days... and when I got a new product that I need to send to repair, it kind of make me skeptical for future use. I rather get a brand new one.

and included is the link for the video.https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipt0zfbmxy0yn6h/DJI_0023.MOV?dl=0
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tangocs@dbzmail Posted at 2016-9-24 08:45
I did turn on the sound recording in the setting. I mean it shouldn't be too difficult to figure o ...

I have checked your video.Could you please try to update the firmware again?
If still no improvement,I think you need to send it in for evaluation.
Could you please clarify what area are you located in?

2016-9-23
Use props
tangocs
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-24 00:54
I have checked your video.Could you please try to update the firmware again?
If still no improvemen ...

I did firmware update 4 times and same thing. I might just return it since I don't want a fixed faulty item. I feel scary for future use. I will see how the seller work it out first.
2016-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tangocs@dbzmail Posted at 2016-9-25 04:27
I did firmware update 4 times and same thing. I might just return it since I don't want a fixed fa ...

I'd suggest you to get in touch with our tech support at support.us@dji.com.
They will guide you to send it in for evaluation.
2016-9-25
Use props
garyberg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2372530 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-25 18:46
I'd suggest you to get in touch with our tech support at support.us@dji.com.
They will guide you to ...

I'm having exactly the same problem with my new Osmo+, just received it yesterday.  I updated the firmware, and have tried both internal and external mics, and adjusting the gain.  No sound.
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

garyberg@hotmai Posted at 2016-9-29 12:43
I'm having exactly the same problem with my new Osmo+, just received it yesterday.  I updated the  ...

Hi Garyberg, have you checked  the original video in the SD card?
Also please ensure you turned on the Audio recording function in the app.
2016-9-28
Use props
garyberg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2372530 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-28 23:14
Hi Garyberg, have you checked  the original video in the SD card?
Also please ensure you turned on ...

Yes, audio recording is turned on.  And I put the SD card in my laptop and played back the video.  It looks great, but no sound.
2016-9-29
Use props
scubagel
New

Same here. No sound on my osmo+ I tried using internal and external mic, whenever I record a video the audio bar indication lights on the bottom of the screen doesn't even move. Contacted DJI support but I haven't heard back.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

scubagel Posted at 2016-9-30 06:40
Same here. No sound on my osmo+ I tried using internal and external mic, whenever I record a video t ...

Hi, on Camera icon, Click "Mic Control", and toggle on the "Inner Mic"

Then you start recording, and speak to Osmo handle, the bar should be moving.

If it doesn't, please contact support@dji.com to send it in for an exchange. Thank you.
2016-9-29
Use props
tangocs
lvl.1

Hi guys, Yes, so I don't think I'm the lucky one that have this issue, looks like a launch issue. I've already sent back and waiting for a replacement, so if I'm lucky, a new one would work, otherwise, it's a common issue and should be fix accordingly. Hope I don't have to go thru this process again because I've already missed 3 jobs without it.
2016-9-29
Use props
Hamid Zarrabi
New

Iran

unfortunately my osmo+ has exactly the same problem. I tried every thing mentioned here but still no sound is recorded and even the audio meter doesn't move. I'm in Tehran/Iran and due to there is no exclusive agancy of DJI I have no idea that what should I do.
2017-2-6
Use props
OSMOPETE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35118 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Since the thread I start started a week ago about this issue is getting completely ignored by DJI staff I will post here.

My first OSMO has already been replaced because of gimbal failure so this is my second OSMO which now has the same audio problem as everyone else. The audio is definitely turned on and mic gain is at 100, but audio meter does not move and I have tried external OSMO microphone as well, there is no audio being recorded in at all, in fact, there isn't even any audio component in the camera file when I bring it into my NLE timeline.

Here is a file recorded recently on my new OSMO that should have audio:
OSMO FILE

Here is my NLE timeline with a clip from my older OSMO and a second clip next to it from my current OSMO:
NLE TIMELINE
As you can see my older OSMO has an audio component whereas the new replacement OSMO has no audio component at all.

2017-2-7
Use props
OSMOPETE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35118 ft
  • >>>
Australia

So hey DJI no comment, no idea??!??!!
2017-2-23
Use props
fans26557b3e
New

I’m having the exact same problem. Smh
2018-6-17
Use props
fans26557b3e
New

United States

I have the same problem. I returned my purchase and still have the exact problem with the new purchase. Sad!
2019-7-5
Use props
furlaaas
New

Brazil

This issue has been resolved? The same thing is happening to mine!
2022-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules