1974 11 2016-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

http://electronics.woot.com/offers/dji-phantom-4-quadcopter?ref=el_cnt_wp_1_1

Don't know how long this will last before they're sold out.  

Disclaimer:  "The units in this event are being sold as "open box" condition. That means that they have been opened due to being a photo sample, a tested working customer return or having damaged packaging. Some non-essential items may be missing from the box. That is the reason for the reduced sale price and the reduced warranty."
2016-9-23
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

FYI, Woot is not an authorized DJI dealer. Anyone buying in the US should only buy from DJI or from authorized DJI dealers (per the DJI warranty).
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I'm guessing that there would be no warranty as you are buying an open box (used) P4.
The 1yr warranty is valid with the original proof of purchase, so if they do not supply you with the original POP then it may not have a warranty and you are buying AS-IS.
2016-9-23
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

3rd party warranty may be purchased through neary aerial. I assume woot has at least a "works and not DOA" and probably 30-60 day warranty of their own.

If they are not a dealer, one has to wonder how they got hundreds of open-box machines?
SOld out anyway
2016-9-23
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-23 11:40
I'm guessing that there would be no warranty as you are buying an open box (used) P4.
The 1yr warran ...

true on warranty

but when I buy open box or refurbed  anything, TV's, Computers, drones, etc
I expect to self warranty  anyhow with the money I saved after the sellers 30 house warranty(exchange-return)

so far with 6 used / open box phantoms from BH I have never need anything but a better gps in the p2+.

2016-9-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-9-24 00:00
true on warranty

but when I buy open box or refurbed  anything, TV's, Computers, drones, etc

That's great to hear, if the seller offers a warranty that that's fine. But I don't think DJI would honor a warranty on an open box buy without the original POP.
2016-9-23
Use props
Holger4221
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Holger4221 Posted at 2016-9-24 00:14
How do you proof that the owner of a open-box unit isn't the 1st owner, if the unit was never regi ...

When the original owner activates the aircraft it is registered by serial# and that's when the warranty starts.
Whenever there's a repair needed, if it's a warranty repair than the original proof of purchase is required.
So if this seller is buying returned aircraft (not from DJI) then they probably don't have the original POP.
Again, I'm am here to support technical questions, if you want to know warranty questions please call 818-235-0789 and customer service can answer those questions for you.
If DJI is selling refurbished units, they are fully checked out by DJI and that's why there would be a warranty.

2016-9-23
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-23 12:05
That's great to hear, if the seller offers a warranty that that's fine. But I don't think DJI woul ...

that was my point....
I expect to SELF warranty-- if an issue arises, its on me..

it so happens B&H offers 30 day return on the items THEY sell not DJI
if it arrives bad it goes back.
if it arrives working fine, I saved 400.00 to put toward another quad.

in fact that's why I had 2 of each , I for good use and a spare for backup or parts
total cost about same as 1 new one..

never ever contacted any dji support for anything, so much easier to do it yourself mostly

take care and have fun flying!
2016-9-24
Use props
fansa9ba8732
New
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-23 08:39
When the original owner activates the aircraft it is registered by serial# and that's when the warranty starts.
Whenever there's a repair needed, if it's a warranty repair than the original proof of purchase is required.
So if this seller is buying returned aircraft (not from DJI) then they probably don't have the original POP.

Can you please let us know the list of DJI Authorized Dealers or online sellers?
2017-1-28
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2016-9-23 07:54
3rd party warranty may be purchased through neary aerial. I assume woot has at least a "works and not DOA" and probably 30-60 day warranty of their own.

If they are not a dealer, one has to wonder how they got hundreds of open-box machines?

Woot! was bought a few years back by Amazon.com, so it's a good bet that many of the units Woot! sold were Amazon returns.

We liked Woot! a lot better before they were an Amazon subsidiary.
2017-1-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansa9ba8732 Posted at 2017-1-28 07:42
Can you please let us know the list of DJI Authorized Dealers or online sellers?

Here is the link.
http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2017-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules