Gimbal/Camera strength
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trolmasta101
lvl.1

Australia

I just wanna know if anyone knows just how strong the Gimbal/Camera is. For example, I was thinking of taking out the gimbal limiter (so that the camera can go higher), so that I can attach a thread of fishing line around the camera which would hold it whilst it flies out. This is so that when I look down with the camera theoretically it drops the line. Was wondering if the Gimbal/Camera can handle this if the weight was equal or less than 100 grams?
2016-9-23
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

hello i dont the the actual torque but heard of ppl simply puting on a filter and the camera hangs down.
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello trolmasta101, it's not suggested to attach a thread of fishing line around the camera, which may lead to damage or other unexpected things. To ensure safety and performance, please do not attach anything like that on it.
2016-9-23
Use props
tayhan91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481601 ft
United States

the cheapest way ive heard of dropping fishing line was to put a rubber band around the body of the drone. Then make a loop of fishing line and place the loop underneath the rubber band making sure that the hook is at the back side of the drone. When you get to the drop zone, gently pull back on the fishing line and it should slide right out of the rubber band. I havent tried this yet but it is the way im going to once i get around to it.

as i think of doing this i worry about the props blowing the fishing line around and possibly hitting the props. Might be a good idea to have the drone raised onto something so the hook and lure/bait hang much lower and are pulled up when the drone takes off. Happy Casting!
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I agree with Natalia, that performing this kind of modification is not recommended.
2016-9-24
Use props
trolmasta101
lvl.1

Australia

tayhan91 Posted at 2016-9-24 11:10
the cheapest way ive heard of dropping fishing line was to put a rubber band around the body of the  ...

Dji people scared me off :3 thx for giving me an idea though.
2016-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules