DJI OSMO MOBILE MEMORY
7978 9 2016-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MedsArt
New

Hello there,
Just got my Osmo Mobile and have been trying to work out how to make it use the SD card to save the video files it makes   but cant seem to find the option i dont want to run out of memory on my phone storage as its limited but the i bought a 64gb high speed card thinking i could save on to this but i see no options what so ever to select storage.

My Phone is a Sony Z3 Compact

thank you in advance

Med

2016-9-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello MedsArt, the files are saved in your mobile device directly. You could copy it from your phone to your PC to save space. Thank you for your feedback, we will improve that in the future.
2016-9-23
Use props
lukas3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 577543 ft
Czechia

I have the same problem! How to set saving to SD card?! Some people have only few GB of free space on device and this means copy it every hour for example?! I have 120 GB free on my SD card and I am forced to save to my device where is only 3 GB free space? You are kidding.
2016-9-24
Use props
MedsArt
New

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-24 11:58
Hello MedsArt, the files are saved in your mobile device directly. You could copy it from your phone ...

Yes i realise they are saved in the Phone memory directly my phone has limited memory so i cant make long videos with it 10 minutes at most .     i have a 64gb high speed card that i just bought the day before the Osmo Mobile Arrived.
I Sound Dumb - just annoyed that something i think is so basic as use the SD Access the DJI Go App already has permission for does nothing.
2016-9-24
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

we'll look into this issue.  You can try an Android app called Link2SD to see if you can't force DJI GO to save data on SD card.

2016-9-28
Use props
chiupolini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1196755 ft
Hong Kong

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-28 16:32
we'll look into this issue.  You can try an Android app called Link2SD to see if you can't force DJI ...

The fact that Osmo Mobile cannot store video or photos directly into the phone's external SD card is a serious defect. While some phones have large internal ROM, many Android phones have additional SD card extension which can be put to good use for video recording - if only the Go App permits this. This design defect is also holding me back from getting a Osmo Mobile.
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

chiupolini Posted at 2016-9-29 00:59
The fact that Osmo Mobile cannot store video or photos directly into the phone's external SD card  ...

If Osmo Mobile performed what a reasonable person expects it to perform, it's not a design defect, and it never said you can save to SD card directly.
2016-9-28
Use props
chiupolini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1196755 ft
Hong Kong

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-29 10:30
If Osmo Mobile performed what a reasonable person expects it to perform, it's not a design defect, ...

I suppose I don't think I should use the word defect, but design oversight. How is that for a change?
2016-10-18
Use props
M4ciek
New
Poland

And it has been more than a year and this basic functionality common for all of all basic android video and photo popular apps is not in DJI app...
2017-9-19
Use props
damienf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105072 ft
Hong Kong

Go Settings > Camera > Storage Location

This functionality apparently made it to V3.1 back in November 2016.
2017-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules