Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Prop guards for phantom 2
1607 11 2015-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Warbishop
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone need some prop guards? I have a set I don't need . You can have them free. All I ask is that u actually intend to use them and not resell them.  First come first serve.  Whoever replays here that really needs them, I'll send them to you Monday and I'll pay postage.

Hope u guys are doing well.

2015-1-31
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

I have been looking to get some for when i fly indoors or near objects. I would love some guards if they are still available.   my email is 99dwain@gmail.com
2015-1-31
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

pretty nice of you wb.  stand up guy.

similar to marc aronowitz who sent me the soft case for free and now im trying to pay him something and he wont let me.  every now and then you find certain kinds of people and think, wow, how uncommon...
2015-1-31
Use props
Warbishop
lvl.1

United States

stock12to32 Posted at 2015-2-1 02:17
I have been looking to get some for when i fly indoors or near objects. I would love some guards if  ...

I'll mail u in a few minutes buddy. Enjoy
2015-1-31
Use props
Warbishop
lvl.1

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-2-1 02:28
pretty nice of you wb.  stand up guy.

similar to marc aronowitz who sent me the soft case for free  ...

Well u guys sure help me plenty so... No worries
2015-1-31
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

Thank you so much Warbishop. I hope i can be there for you one day when you need it as well.
2015-1-31
Use props
Warbishop
lvl.1

United States

stock12to32 Posted at 2015-2-1 02:54
Thank you so much Warbishop. I hope i can be there for you one day when you need it as well.

U got mail
2015-1-31
Use props
trailtec.dodo
lvl.2

Australia

I personaly don't see why pepole don't use them all the time myself.
2015-2-1
Use props
swomilan.email
lvl.4

Mexico

trailtec.dodo Posted at 2015-2-1 20:16
I personaly don't see why pepole don't use them all the time myself.

Simple because the prop guard reduce lift and induce turbulence in the prop thrust.  This gets especially  noticeable if you have a heavy Phantom ( e.g. P2V+) and  life/fly in higher altitudes where they are a major cause for wobble of death crashes.
2015-2-1
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

for heavy loads and very high wind conditions, there is higher risk with them on.  but in light loads (i have a non plus) and lower wind conditions, they dont affect flight at all and certainly dont induce VRS, while i descend in multi axis directions to avoid it anyhow, every now and then i have done vertical down just to compare the two and i think the only time you can have a discernible difference is when either weight or wind is higher.  also, they are way more important EARLY ON and if you fly NEAR THINGS.  in a field you dont need them, but i hit a tree in my yard AND the side of my house.  without them id have a bunch of broken plastic instead of a phantom at this point.  so that is a reason to have them on but use is certainly SITUATIONAL.
2015-2-1
Use props
trailtec.dodo
lvl.2

Australia

Ok, that makes sense. I had my first flights yesterday and they saved the props on the first takoff as she tipped a bit before I learned to corect for wind but I can see the point. Flying at home I have trees and stuff everywhere so when here I will continue to use them for the time being.

TBH even with them on I was surprised to see just how stable the thing is and so was my mate who owns a much larger bird. We were chatting and I had the transmitter in one hand and he's "mate, where's your 'copter?" The reply was "right where I left it", pointed up about 30 feet and it was beginly hovering, holding position to within foot or so in what was around a 7 to 10 knot breeze. He was saying his would have been somewhere the other side of the oval ( I was down the showgrounds where I had plenty of space) by then had he left it to it's own devices
2015-2-1
Use props
rod
lvl.4

New Zealand

trailtec.dodo Posted at 2015-2-2 07:38
Ok, that makes sense. I had my first flights yesterday and they saved the props on the first takoff  ...

Hi, There are a lot of anecdotal comments about them and I can only speak from my own experience. I have flown the PV2+ both for fun and professionally since its introduction and have always had prop guards on.  I have flown regularly at 400ft in breezy conditions and have never had an issue of any sort with them.  They did save the unit during a tipover on a clumsy landing  so they get my vote.

The main thing to remember is never descend vertically- ALWAYS come down with a combined lateral movement.  Just have a look at this forum and see how many ESCs and motors have been trashed during a little tipover, even in grass!  You should make your judgement based on reported facts and then be comfortable with your conclusion, knowing that whatever the outcome it will be your fault!
Cheers!
Rod
2015-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules