Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera/FPV reboots after taking photo or switching to video mode
726 7 2016-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bmhawkins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2745971 ft
  • >>>
United States

Peculiar problem on my P4.  I lose FPV transmission whenever I take a picture or try to switch into video mode at all.  Either of these events make the screen go black for several seconds and the I get an "image transmission lost" alret.  When the aircraft is on the ground, you can hear the fan turn off and come back on along with the gimbal moving through its start up motions.  FPV comes back on after a few seconds but again stuck in photo mode and it will crash and restart again if I switch into video mode or take a photo.  None of this affects the flight of the aircraft, but I can't record imagery at all.

Firmware and app are up to date.  I doubt it's a problem with the app or my iPad because I even get the same behavior when I disconnect my ipad entirely and use the transmitter buttons to trigger a photo or video.  Same thing with my iPhone.  Seems like a problem with the drone's FPV system.  

I've tried the "reset camera" feature, different SD cards, formatted SD cards, different batteries.  I've cleared video cache and made sure there's adequate space for recording new transmissions.  The drone has never been damaged and has worked flawlessly for the 4 months I've owned it.  

Is there a way to do a factory reset on the Phantom 4?  I can't seem to find anything.

I searched the forums but haven't seen anyone else mentioning a problem like this.  Hope it's not a duplicate post.  Would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has encountered this issue.  Thanks!

Hawk
2016-9-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You can do a factory reset via the Assistant 2 software. I would also recommend doing the following button combination to reset the RC:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.
2016-9-24
Use props
Brian Hawkins
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-24 15:26
You can do a factory reset via the Assistant 2 software. I would also recommend doing the following  ...

Thanks, Jamie.  Just tried the factory reset, downgrading firmware, and the transmitter reset you mentioned, but still have the same problem.  

I tried every manner of button sequence I could find on the forums for resetting the transmitter but it always reconnected to the drone like nothing happened.  Was I wrong in expecting to have to pair it with the aircraft again?
2016-9-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Brian Hawkins Posted at 2016-9-25 04:10
Thanks, Jamie.  Just tried the factory reset, downgrading firmware, and the transmitter reset you m ...

The RC reset has a possibility to delink the RC from the aircraft. Performing a relink after resetting would help refresh the overall connection.
2016-9-24
Use props
Brian Hawkins
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-24 16:53
The RC reset has a possibility to delink the RC from the aircraft. Performing a relink after reset ...

Just tried that and still no joy.  Guess it's time to take it for service.  Huge bummer because I was going to bring it to Hawaii next weekend.  
2016-9-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

What SD Card do you have? The one thing in common here is that every time you perform the record function, it has to write to the SD card, and if the card is not responding, you may get a reset.

I would try the card that came with the aircraft, and format it in the aircraft, not on an external computer.
2016-9-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Brian Hawkins Posted at 2016-9-25 07:26
Just tried that and still no joy.  Guess it's time to take it for service.  Huge bummer because I  ...

Try Geebax's advice and see if this helps.
2016-9-24
Use props
Brian Hawkins
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I've tried three different kinds, including the Lexar card that came with the P4.  Formatted them with the drone, but still no luck.  I've even tried removing the card entirely and it still crashes/reboots whenever I just flip the switch in the app from photo to video mode, without ever hitting record.  It's so odd, because if it weren't for this I'd agree with you that it seems like something wrong in the data writing pipeline.
2016-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules