vision2 IMU initialization failure
123Next >
13235 84 2015-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philml420.gmail
lvl.2

United States

Im in the middle   of taking imu out,dont even know why,it never been dropped and clearly   it is an update,dont think im gonna give it a knock
2015-2-1
Use props
kevinbnovak.gma
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the EXACT same issue as philml420.gmail is having.
I installed all updates yesterday and everything was fine.
Today, I tried to activate NAZA which is a DJI "feature" and that bricked my quad.

DJI needs to get on this NOW!!!
2015-2-1
Use props
kevinbnovak.gma
lvl.1

United States

I'm thinking now it is a faulty interpretation of the temperature of the IMU.
I calibrate fine. I fires up and I can fly OK. I power off and power on, and I get the error LED lights, and I get the error message from the assistant software.
The software tells me the temp is too high to cali, to wait. I went thru that 5 or 6 times and decided to do a little test.
I ran it fine for a few minutes. Turn it off and back on, and get the LED error message. This time, I just let it sit and cool down for about 10 mins. I turned it back on, and all is back to normal.
2015-2-1
Use props
philml420.gmail
lvl.2

United States

why wont it let us download old drivers? is there any way?
2015-2-1
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-2 00:44
I get that message every time I do an IMU calibration, I always click ok and continue and I get a  ...

Mine doesn't calibrate if the warning pops up.

After you click on the to do the calibration it gives you access back to the App but doesn't actually calibrate and give the complete popup as it does when done without the warning.

But this may be a difference between the Mac PT2 app and the Windows PT2 app.

Also the warning must have a reason to be there.
It would be helpful if this site had signatures that we could detail our configurations so we would all know what the comments relate to as far as hardware and software verions.

Cheers

2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

bjr981s Posted at 2015-2-2 10:16
Mine doesn't calibrate if the warning pops up.

After you click on the to do the calibration it giv ...

Mine continues to completion.  It shows on the progress bar.
I have never done it without the warning, it ALWAYS pops up, even if it has not been started in a week or more and been kept in a freezer.  
2015-2-1
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-2 10:20
Mine continues to completion.  It shows on the progress bar.
I have never done it without the warn ...

I guess different version for Mac and Windows is the case here.

Mine won't progress the progress bar. Tried a few times.

I left the Phantom Plugged into the Mac and powered down for 10 minutes. Then after a power up the IMU was in status ready and the Calibration could be done.

If I wait a couple of more minutes the status goes to idle and I get the overheat.

I am going to recalibrate in again with the glass sheet method I saw posted. That would level the IMU on all the thrust vectors as the glass sheet sits on the head of the motor prop threads.

Cheers

2015-2-1
Use props
philml420.gmail
lvl.2

United States

is there a way to switch regular phantom 2 vision to naza assistant?
2015-2-1
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

philml420.gmail Posted at 2015-2-2 10:31
is there a way to switch regular phantom 2 vision to naza assistant?

If you mean use the Naza Assistant Software rather than the PT2 software I'm not sure that would be a good idea.

There are additional settings in the Naza Assistant that if set by accident could be a problem.

One being the immediate motor stop on 3 seconds of full throttle down.

Cheers

2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

bjr981s Posted at 2015-2-2 10:43
If you mean use the Naza Assistant Software rather than the PT2 software I'm not sure that would be ...

That is only after it has landed,  In the air still descending, the throttle full down will not shut off the motors.

Both sticks down and to the corners will shut them off.
2015-2-1
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-2 10:47

That is only after it ha ...

Gerry,

Have a look in the Naza Assistant documentation. For the Naza Assistant software.

There are 2 settings for Throttle down for 3 seconds. Intelligent and Immediate.

It defaults to Immediate if you use this software.

You can see posts of people who have dropped their Phantoms from the Sky by holding down the throttle. They must have loaded the Naza Assistant software.

I am just trying to warn a fellow member of the dangers of what he was asking.

The relevant page from the documentation is below.

I am a voracious reader and remember what I read.

If you want to challenge everything I post thats OK but lets not let it become an obsession.

Cheers

Throttle.png
2015-2-1
Use props
philml420.gmail
lvl.2

United States

on that note,mine starts with two sticks down and in, but to turn it off it only takes left stick down and right,is that normal?
2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

bjr981s Posted at 2015-2-2 11:01
Gerry,

Have a look in the Naza Assistant documentation. For the Naza Assistant software.

Watch this video at the 2 minute mark,  Just moving the throttle to full down for more than 3 seconds will not shut off the motors .  This video blows that myth out of the air.

When you get your information right, it won't be challenged.
2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

philml420.gmail Posted at 2015-2-2 11:02
on that note,mine starts with two sticks down and in, but to turn it off it only takes left stick do ...

That is normal when you are on the ground.  If you are descending, and you pull back on the stick, it will not turn off.  Watch the video, he proves that at the 2 minute mark.
2015-2-1
Use props
philml420.gmail
lvl.2

United States

Thanks Gerry
2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Did you watch the video?
2015-2-1
Use props
jmanaya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40840 ft
Venezuela

philml420.gmail Posted at 2015-2-2 11:02
on that note,mine starts with two sticks down and in, but to turn it off it only takes left stick do ...

Yes my friend that is normal... one thing I always worry about if I do that on the air P2 fall down but that don't happen It turn off only when the acelerometer detec that there is no movement... I mean when you finally take down secure on the floor. So don't worry. By the way I have exactly the same IMU initization failure [ERROR 25] with all that erractic behavior that you have some time came sometime go and so.
2015-2-1
Use props
philml420.gmail
lvl.2

United States

i couldnt watch video,my computer wont play videos
ill check it from another computer tho
2015-2-1
Use props
RCinParadise
lvl.1

Costa Rica

Main Controller firmware 3.10 has a huge "bug", do not upgrade your ph2.  You will get an IMU initialization error (error 25).  There is a temperature issue that prevent the initialization process to be completed.  If you do a cold star, ph2 will set up correctly.  If you turn it off and try again inmediately, the problem will be there, the leds will be: green-red-yellow.   A new firmware is need it from DJI ASAP.
2015-2-1
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-2 11:05
Watch this video at the 2 minute mark,  Just moving the throttle to full down for more than 3 seco ...

I see it has become an obsession.

If you are going to refute me then at least do the due diligence of reading what I actually post rather than attempting to provide sources of INCORRECT information.

Please read this and then read the NAZA Assistant documentation.

1) The Post I replied to referred to using Naza Assistant not the PT2 Software.

2) The Naza Assistant software and manual can be downloaded from the DJI web Site from Here.

http://www.dji.com/product/naza-m-v2/download

3) The documentation clearly states the ability to change the throttle down to either Immediate or Intelligent.

4) The Manual states the default setting is Immediate.

5) The manual provides the warning that this will shut down the motors in flight.

6) Anyone downloading and using the Naza Assistant Software on their Phantom will configure the throttle to Immediate as this is the default. And it will stop the motors in flight

7) The myth is not a myth its just nobody has worked out how this can happen. Until I posted this to educate the members here.

Did you read what I posted above, did you look at the page of the Naza Assistant manual. I conveniently attached the picture of the relevant page for your ease of use.

I don't know why you have developed this attitude towards me but I have had enough of it.

Dont confuse the issue for other members of this site by your reaction to me.

There is enough confused information on this site already.

Here is the page of the manual again.

Read the "This will shut the motors off in flight" warning please.

Throttle.png
2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

RCinParadise Posted at 2015-2-2 13:38
Main Controller firmware 3.10 has a huge "bug", do not upgrade your ph2.  You will get an IMU initia ...

That temperature error has been there since 3.4 version.  I get it every time and just click ok and it will continue
2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

bjr981s Posted at 2015-2-2 13:39
I see it has become an obsession.

If you are going to refute me then at least do the due diligenc ...

So you're disputing the video?  Mine are always in NAZA mode, not Phantom and I come down in full down stick.  No shutdowns in 75 + flights since April yet.
2015-2-1
Use props
den.kuznets.gma
New

Russia

Exactly the same problem. As it is now trusted manufacturer if he can not release a working firmware? Disgusting!
2015-2-1
Use props
peter.peterfren
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Found on another thread......
Main Controller firmware 3.10 has a huge "bug", do not upgrade your ph2.  You will get an IMU initialization error (error 25).  There is a temperature issue that prevent the initialization process to be completed.  If you do a cold star, ph2 will set up correctly.  If you turn it off and try again inmediately, the problem will be there, the leds will be: green-red-yellow and of course, motors will not start.   A new firmware is need it from DJI

I can confirm that this seems exactly right.  Stood the P2 in the garden (-1 degrees) for half an hour.  Turned on and did IMU calibration with no problems or IMU initialisation error message (lights OK).  Turned off and turned back on and the message and lights are back - error 25.
2015-2-2
Use props
den.kuznets.gma
New

Russia

I believe very strongly in dji reputation if they fall in the near future will not be released update. :@
2015-2-2
Use props
philml420.gmail
lvl.2

United States

Just watched the video
2015-2-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Did the motors stop when he held the stick down for 3 seconds?
2015-2-2
Use props
robin.ostlin.in
lvl.1

Sweden

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-2 23:09
Did the motors stop when he held the stick down for 3 seconds?

Guess there is a difference between "Naza-mode" and the "Naza-assistant" which bjr981s is writing about.
So conclusion from my humble part, is that using the Naza-assistant to reprogram the Phantom, will induce the 3s motor-shut down? (Not the Naza-mode itself).
2015-2-2
Use props
tower35
New

Canada

zathis.sasktel Posted at 2015-2-2 06:03
I am having the same issue

Hi guys, I am having the same issue since I installed the latest firmware. As soon as I did I started getting the red green yellow fail to intialized IMU . Talked to a few people on another forum about this issue. I realize the  m/c heat warning is a bug when doing advanced calibration. But the only way I can get my phantom to start properly is to put my phantom outside in cold temps and lower the temp of the IMU. Once it is cold enough my phantom will start properly and no IMU calibration is needed. After it starts and I get my green lights etc I start motors and let idle.If I power off then on again the IMU intialization failure returns.i can let it sit to room temp and try again but same issue. If I put phantom back out in the cold (-5 c ) and wait. Voilait starts again.I have never crashed or had a real hard landing . This issue only started as soon as the latest firmware upgrade was completed !!
2015-2-2
Use props
philml420.gmail
lvl.2

United States

I seen some posts from 2012 and 2013 i believe   with some similar   problems for naza,wonder how long will it take to fix it,should of been fixed by now!
2015-2-2
Use props
peter.peterfren
lvl.1

United Kingdom

tower35@live.ca Posted at 2015-2-3 01:47
Hi guys, I am having the same issue since I installed the latest firmware. As soon as I did I star ...

Same problem as me and exactly the same procedure and result.  Been emailing and talking to people all day, but still no solution and nothing heard from DJI !
2015-2-2
Use props
peter.peterfren
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I MAY HAVE A SOLUTION: On the DJI Download site it list:

Assistant  3.08  = MC Firmware 3.10
Assistant  3.06  = MC Firmware 3.08

Now, I think previously it automatically upgraded to F/W 3.10 for both versions of Assistant.

I removed Assistant 3.08 and installed 3.06.  Then I "Upgraded" the F/W from 3.10 to 3.08 and it now works fine.  Haven't flight tested, but the IMU Error has gone and the lights are flashing normally.........  

Flight test next....

2015-2-3
Use props
philml420.gmail
lvl.2

United States

i did same thing peter, did not work for me,try to fly then power off and power on again
2015-2-3
Use props
robin.ostlin.in
lvl.1

Sweden

Worked for me! Thank you DJI for response to the problem!

1. Uninstall Assistant 3.08
2. Uninstall Assistant 3.06
3. Install Assistant 3.06
4. Start n connect Phantom
5. "up-grade" from 3.10 to 3.08
6. All hell breaks lose - dont worry - power cycle and reconnect - now it shows Firm ware 0.0 (Still beeping and flashing red)
7. Upgrade again to 3.08
8. Power cycle and check for 3.08 success.
9. Just in case I recalibrated everyting.

2015-2-5
Use props
philml420.gmail
lvl.2

United States

thank you im gonna try it tonight
2015-2-5
Use props
philml420.gmail
lvl.2

United States

nope,no luck here, when i start all 4 led's blink red green yellow, i think before it was just front led that was blinking  red green yellow
2015-2-5
Use props
philml420.gmail
lvl.2

United States

then fast yellow
2015-2-5
Use props
philml420.gmail
lvl.2

United States

got it going finally :-)
2015-2-5
Use props
philml420.gmail
lvl.2

United States

thanks everyone
2015-2-5
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

robin.ostlin.in Posted at 2015-2-3 00:32
Guess there is a difference between "Naza-mode" and the "Naza-assistant" which bjr981s is writing  ...

Robin,

Thank you for reading my explanation and understanding what I was talking about.

Yes, its the Naza Assistant Software that programs the immediate shutdown.

If you never install the Naza Assistant Software and just use RC2 and PT2 you will never have a problem.

To confirm the process where this can happen these would be the steps below.

As everyone knows the PT2 software cannot program Immediate mode throttle shutdown, it is not a feature of the PT2 application.

So the video of someone testing that has only ever used the RC and PT2 app would get the results expected, as we all know.

Also as every one knows there is no Save button to save setting changes when you make a setting change on the PT2 app. It automatically synchronises over the USB connection. The same sync takes place for the Naza Assistant app.

The Naza Assistant App is for those people that that buy and Install the Naza-M V2 flight unit on their own quadcopter.

So this is the process I believe happens for those that have had a throttle shutdown in flight.

1) Phantom Owner changes to Naza Mode but there is no documentation on Nazza mode in the Phantom manual.

2) Phantom Owner searches for Naza manual and finds it on the DJI site in the NAZA-M V2 section. The manual describes CL and HL and the LED changes for Naza flight mode.

3) Phantom Owner also sees the Naza Assistant Software in this section of the DJI site.

4) Phantom Owner downloads the Naza Assistant App to PC or Mac to have a look at what it does.

5) As soon as the Naza Assistent software is opened and sees the Phantom connected on the USB it synchronises its default settings to the Phantom.

6) The Default setting in the Naza Assistant software for the Throttle is immediate not intelligent (intelligent is the standard Phantom setting and not changeable or displayed in the PT2 app) This immediate mode throttle setting is now synced to the Phantom.

7) Without the Phantom Owners knowledge the throttle has now been set to Auto Shutdown in flight. There are warnings in the Naza Assistant Software manual that this is the default and the impact of this setting.

8) Phantom owner realises that this is not useful software for the phantom and closes and most likely deletes Naza Assistant app.

9) Now there is no indication or warnings that the Throttle has been set to Immediate mode as the PT2 software does not display this setting.

10) The next time the Phantom owner holds the throttle full down in flight it initiates an immediate throttle shutdown and the motors stop in flight.

11) As the Phantom owner was unaware of the Immediate throttle settings the owner does not know that raising the throttle to over 10% within 5 seconds will autostart the motors again.

Thanks again for your understanding and support.

Cheers Brian
2015-2-5
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules