Weak RC Signal and No Signal
8305 28 2015-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eemem
lvl.1
Flight distance : 527159 ft
Netherlands

On Monday January 26th I received a new DJI Inspire 1.
In order to get flying I followed all steps to prepare the machine for flight:
-        both inspire and controller updated to latest software version (Inspire 1 Firmware v1.2.0.16 15-01-2015)
-        all batteries charged to 100%

The following symptoms have been occurring since its maiden flight, and continue to occur on consecutive flights:
-        every flight, even at extreme close (2-8 m) range shows ‘weak rc signal’ warning in the Pilot App (see image 1, next page)
-        every flight at some point shows signal lost warning (see image 2, next page)
-        Inspire does not respond to ‘turn home’ command but hovers during these warnings
-        after reestablishing some kind of contact, Inspire flight control hampers (responds - does not respond – responds - does not respond, a.s.o.) , making it very difficult to fly the aircraft safely back home
-        At times the camera feed dies in flight (goes black) (see second image, lower right corner)
-        Camera feed restores itself, until it dies again

What have we done so far:
-        Flown a second DJI Inspire at same location on the same day, NOT together. The second Inspire has no problems whatsoever!
-        Changed the controller from functional Inspire to malfunctioning Inspire: gives same results and warnings: ‘Weak RC Signal’ and ‘Signal Lost’
-        Compass and IMU have been checked and recalibrated, just to be sure
-        IOC has been reset

I our humble opinion the aircraft signal transmission system (RC receiver and/or Lightbridge on the Inspire itself) is defective. It does not function/respond/disconnects continuously even at close range. The Aircraft has been grounded because it is unsafe to fly.

Please advise. We need this new Inspire operational as soon as possible.

2015-1-31
Use props
owen.email
lvl.3
Flight distance : 267316 ft
United Kingdom

Just got mine today, During my testing without props and after restarting several time no issues. flew 15 mins in my local park no problems. Got back home and wanted to check some settings, now having same problems as you, Odd
2015-1-31
Use props
eemem
lvl.1
Netherlands

Some pictures from my iPad Mini2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/876v1p ... 1-31%2014.59.30.png[/img]?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyha6z ... 1-31%2015.02.25.png[/img]?dl=0

@owen.email: That's exactly what happend to my Inspire1. Installing updates, testing, a short flight, turning off, turning on ... and the problem was there.
2015-1-31
Use props
davegsa.live
lvl.2

United Kingdom

had my Inspire for over a week now and when i start it up inside video feed is hit or miss, but outside when flying 90% of the time I lose video feed. so I took it back to dealer where we tried a different controller with same issue , so have to wait till mid February till he gets more in to swap the copter.

Can i suggest you switch everything on inside in warm to see if video feed returns as I think mine is a temerature related problem  
2015-1-31
Use props
pauldean85.emai
lvl.3

United Kingdom

How are the antennas on the RC remote aimed? Crossed over or parallel, pointing to the back of the tablet?

Crossing the antenna (as required to pack away the RC remote) will kill the transmission range.
2015-1-31
Use props
eemem
lvl.1
Netherlands

pauldean85.emai Posted at 2015-2-1 06:49
How are the antennas on the RC remote aimed? Crossed over or parallel, pointing to the back of the t ...

The antennas were straight up. The RC and iPad were setup and pointing to the Inspire as shown in the manual and on youtube. Another Inspire flew perfect at the same location. We let the second one inside to eleminate possible interference from that one.
2015-2-1
Use props
daev66
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

I not only get a "weak RC signal" but a continuous pop up of Aircraft Disconnected
I called DJI tech support today and received very unprofessional support assistant who with no troubleshooting involved stated I should contact my seller on Amazon for a exchange.
2015-3-31
Use props
daev66
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I called DJI again today at (818) 235-0789 to give them one more chance before I pack the unit for return shipping. I am surprised that again the person taking my call did not ask me when I purchased it, what the serial number is or to check any firmware revisions, or any help at all. So many people are posting similar issues on the Facebook Inspire 1 Groups but no one comes back to say how they fixed the problem. FedEx is picking it up tomorrow but I wonder what I've gotten myself into if DJI can't improve support. For all I know the unit is perfectly good but needs firmware reloaded.
2015-4-1
Use props
daev66
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

daev66@gmail.co Posted at 2015-4-2 09:33
I called DJI again today at (818) 235-0789 to give them one more chance before I pack the unit for r ...

I am happy to report that I have received telephone support from DJI and find that I had not successfully updated firmware in the Aircraft however the controller was updated. The problem was due to the mix of different firmware in each device. Unfortunately the Pilot app did not say I needed to update firmware after the failed attempt and I did not read the text file as I should have. Thank You DJI.
2015-4-2
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372287 ft
Greece

daev66@gmail.co Posted at 2015-4-3 04:06
I am happy to report that I have received telephone support from DJI and find that I had not succe ...

So what is the solution? I am experiencing the same problem.... A new firmware?
2015-4-2
Use props
daev66
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

delas Posted at 2015-4-3 04:47
So what is the solution? I am experiencing the same problem.... A new firmware?

Perform the firmware update again on the Aircraft while monitoring progress on the Pilot App. When completed remove the microSD card and open the text file. It should show success. If you were already updated it will tell you. Next use a USB stick ( I read a suggestion noting not to use the memory card with a USB adapter) and again be sure to read the text file.
My first attempt to update the Aircraft seemed to be a success as it stated in the Pilot app but I never read the text file that is written to the microSD card. I had the controller on the newest firmware and the Aircraft was still old firmware.
When the problem was occurring I was able to connect for a few short flights unlike others who could not connect at all.
2015-4-2
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

daev66@gmail.co Posted at 2015-4-3 07:30
Perform the firmware update again on the Aircraft while monitoring progress on the Pilot App. When ...

When it first came out I tryed several times to make the update but obviously with no luck. So most probably the remote is updated and the aircraft is not properly. I will try again. Thank you very much.
2015-4-3
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

Tonight, after consideration and 2 hours of tests I discovered that in my case the signal loss issue comes from the gimbal / camera vibrations and shakes. I am absolutely sure that contacts are loose. I removed the propellers and recorded a video handheld. When I shake the inspire the signal stops and a black screen appears. I stop shaking and after 3 or so seconds the signal comes back. The question now is how to fix it. Send it back to the store in order to get a new one..??? I don't dare to think about it it will take for ever! Fix it??? How??? Is any body experiencing the same issue???
2015-4-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

delas Posted at 2015-4-5 07:02
Tonight, after consideration and 2 hours of tests I discovered that in my case the signal loss issue ...

Maybe you can troubleshoot it using some the information in this video link

2015-4-4
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-4-5 12:55
Maybe you can troubleshoot it using some the information in this video link

https://youtu.be/Cxy1 ...

Thank you Rich for your recommendation but I have never had an accident with the inspire , or hit it or drop it , or land it violently , nothing. I only have used I1 too much as I suposed to do. Probably more than the most of the people here and discovered that it's not a heavy duty Machine. My conclusion is that if somebody reaches 15 hours of use, in various weather conditions, 115 flights and 150 Klm flight distance will possibly experience the same problem which is very frustrating. The question is do I fix it my self as the guy in the video or send it to dji for replacing the necessary components which will take forever???
2015-4-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

delas Posted at 2015-4-5 16:08
Thank you Rich for your recommendation but I have never had an accident with the inspire , or hit  ...

delas,

I would check with DJI first... that's from sure, probably a warranty matter. I was thinking that your could see from the video, where the cable connections are and make sure they are tight or pushed on all the way.

Much success with this issue!
2015-4-5
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-4-5 23:58
delas,

I would check with DJI first... that's from sure, probably a warranty matter. I was thinki ...

you re absolutely right!! i will give a call the store tomorrow before i contact dji and see what happens.
tonight ill give a try with the video and will post the results.
2015-4-5
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

Perform the firmware update again on the Aircraft while monitoring progress on the Pilot App. When ...

So updating the software solve your issues?  I'm not sure if you wrote that in your posts.  Are you experiencing any drops in signal after your update?

Thanks,
BL
2015-4-5
Use props
akaerialmedia
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Tonight, after consideration and 2 hours of tests I discovered that in my case the signal loss issue ...

We are having the same issue with our craft. We have noticed the same "no signal" issue in regards to aggressive flying or maneuvering. This led us to believe that the issue is a gimbal connection but the timing of when this issue started is what has us second guessing. The issue started right after we updated the craft fw. I think the only fix is a future fw update or craft replacement.  
2015-4-5
Use props
huppeencoyote69
lvl.2

Netherlands

I do have the same problem.As soon I move the Inspire or touch the gimbal I'm losing signal.
Did not have any hard landing or whatsoever.
Have to return it to my dealer.Really hate this.
2015-4-5
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

akaerialmedia Posted at 2015-4-6 02:44
We are having the same issue with our craft. We have noticed the same "no signal" issue in regards ...

It's true issues started after the last firmware update.... It must be a combination of issues firmware and hardware. I have sent an email to dji Europe. They will get back to me on Wednesday. Can't fly it any more...
2015-4-5
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Greece

huppeencoyote69 Posted at 2015-4-6 04:11
I do have the same problem.As soon I move the Inspire or touch the gimbal I'm losing signal.
Did n ...

I hate this too. There must be a fix..... Replacement would take long....
2015-4-5
Use props
daev66
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-4-6 02:21
So updating the software solve your issues?  I'm not sure if you wrote that in your posts.  Are yo ...

The first attempt to update the firmware on the Aircraft did not work although the Pilot App reported success. Also the Pilot App indicated firmware was normal. After running the update again my issue with "weak RC signal" and "Aircraft Disconnected" was resolved. Be sure to read the txt file after the update and not to rely on the Pilot App. DJI released a new video yesterday with firmware updating instructions.
2015-4-15
Use props
audi4x4
New

Greece

I have exactly the same problem after the latest firmware upgrade.
2015-5-5
Use props
fatiher
New

Turkey

akaerialmedia Posted at 2015-4-6 02:44
We are having the same issue with our craft. We have noticed the same "no signal" issue in regards ...

i've encountered the same issues. Did you solve the problem?
2015-6-3
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

Thank you for putting in words exactly the same issues I'm having with my Inspire1.
And I'm also have the quad grounded due to safety concerns.

DJI, Tahoe, I'm located in Macau SAR and the web re-seller (located in HK without a physical address) doesn't even reply to emails.

I'm open to suggestions.

tks
2015-6-3
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Macao

I was positive the update has to happen with the RC off.... how can you monitor the update on the app?
2015-6-3
Use props
daev66
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Linolens Posted at 2015-6-3 18:52
I was positive the update has to happen with the RC off.... how can you monitor the update on the  ...

You do not monitor the Aircraft update with the App. That was my first mistake. You should not have the controller on either.
Run the update and when done place the microSD card back in your computer and read the .txt file. It should indicate success.
Once done keep the .bin file on the card and you may find your batteries update as well.
In fact keep the latest .bin file on all your cards and leave them there. It will not hurt.
2015-6-8
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Macao

daev66@gmail.co Posted at 2015-6-9 05:57
You do not monitor the Aircraft update with the App. That was my first mistake. You should not have ...

yep broda. That's what I said.
Keep it up
2015-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules