after 1 flight the rotor stopped spinning
1539 6 2015-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eric.esomail
New

United States

I bought a new DJI phantom Vision 2+ a week ago, I flew it one time, went on a work trip came back and tried to fly it again... it now appears one of the rotors has stopped working. I landed it in the grass in my front yard from a distance, all seemed fine, tried to take off again and it flipped over. when i walked up and flipped it back over. the one motor just makes a "beep beep beep" noise and shutters back and forth. Any ideas? it's never been crashed(other than when it flipped itself over because only 3 rotors were spinning) and only been flown once and then now...

2015-1-31
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

It sounds like you damaged an ESC. That is known to happen when the blades hit the ground while spinning.
2015-1-31
Use props
eric.esomail
New

United States

But it never hit the ground, prior to the prop issue... that seems like a pretty big quality issue.
2015-1-31
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

Is it a V3 or a V2? Does the motor spin freely by using your fingers? It is either a motor and or ESC, or a possible bad connection (wire/solder joint) between the esc and the motor. You can buy a motors and esc for about $18-$25 depending or where you purchase them from If you buy the part you need to open it and see what version your esc is.

The problems is If you open it the warranty is void.  The only other option is to send it back to DJI (+cost of shipping) and wait forever or take it back to the shop you bought it from if purchased locally. If not purchased locally maybe the place you bought it will send you the part once you/they figure what is wrong.

Please let us know what the issue was when this is all fixed.
2015-1-31
Use props
eric.esomail
New

United States

It's supposed to be a v3.0 I may just send it back to Amazon for a replacement. the thing is a week old and shouldn't be broken already. the prop will spin if i give it a "flick" with my finger so it doesn't appear the motor is seized. I bought a DJI because the quality was pretty good. NOT impressed so far.
2015-1-31
Use props
eric.esomail
New

United States

BTW, Thanks!
2015-1-31
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

I landed it in the grass in my front yard from a distance, all seemed fine, tried to take off again and it flipped over

Are you saying all four props were not spinning when you attempted to take off again and it flipped over? Is it possible that they were spinning and hit the ground?

FYI, you should turn your motors off and back on again if you want to take off again after landing.
2015-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules