FC 200 Update
3681 14 2015-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

hey guys and dolls, I have a question about the "Phantom 2 Vision Plus" update, Um, do I download the FC 200 Firmware v1.3.0g to my Tablet or my computer. I know I know!! just last week I downloaded assistant 3.6, now they have these new updates that I refuse to load as all the problems after downloading and installing the updates. My friend updated his last week to 3.6 and his RC assist and his Phantom crashed while flying waypoints. The thing is I have never updated the FC- 200 firmware and I don't even know what it is for? I can't find any explanation to what it does or what, perhaps I am missing some information on this, But I will be damn if I upgrade to the v.3.8 and the P2V+ firmwarev3.10 and the Central board Firmware v1.0.210,
guess I just want to know what the hell the FC-200 firmware is first. Thank you all my flying friends
P.S. To the guy who flew his phantom to the White House and crashed!.... YOU IDIOT
2015-1-31
Use props
johnwarr.live
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The FC200 firmware is updated via the micro SD card, there are many posts on here about how to do it.
2015-1-31
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

@johnwarr.live, strange I put in " How to update FC200 firmware" in the search content box and it says "Result: Find "how to update FC200 firmware" Related Topics 0" and the it says "No results"
2015-1-31
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

TomWolves Posted at 2015-2-1 11:41
@johnwarr.live, strange I put in " How to update FC200 firmware" in the search content box and it sa ...

Tom
In the zip file for the FC200 update, there is a "read me" file.  just open that and follow the instructions.  It is more detailed then any post here can get.  I hope that will help.
2015-1-31
Use props
kenpenoyer.yaho
New

United States

TomWolves Posted at 2015-2-1 11:41
@johnwarr.live, strange I put in " How to update FC200 firmware" in the search content box and it sa ...

http://www.dji.com/info/releases ... isions-camera-fc200

Hope this helps.  I updated mine and it shows everything current as far as Firmware/Software to include Camera update. Still have a blank screen on Android phone and IPOD.
Oh well....
2015-1-31
Use props
rod
lvl.4

New Zealand

kenpenoyer.yaho Posted at 2015-2-1 11:48
http://www.dji.com/info/releases/dji-released-new-firmware-v1-1-9-for-phantom-2-visions-camera-fc2 ...

That is not the correct info for a PV2+ which is what the OP has.
Rod
2015-1-31
Use props
johnwarr.live
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Follow these instructions to update your firmware:
1. Download the latest Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 firmware from the official DJI website and unzip it.
2. Copy the "firmware_plus_v1.3.0g.bin" file into the root folder of an empty Micro-SD card (less than or equal to 32GB) and rename the file to "firmware_plus.bin".
3. Make sure the Phantom is turned off, and insert the Micro-SD card into the camera.
4. Turn on the Phantom. The firmware update will begin automatically. A quick yellow flashing LED on the camera indicates that the camera is updating.
5. When the quick yellow flashing disappears, the firmware has been updated. After a successful update, the "firmware_plus.bin" filename will change to "firmware_plus.bin.bak00". This file on the card can now be deleted.
6. Restart the Phantom and the new firmware will be active. Check the firmware version in the DJI Vision app.

Special Notes:
a) During the update, do not turn off the camera, remove the intelligent flight battery, or take out the Micro-SD card. This may cause the update to fail and may require return-to-factory service.
b) A quick red flashing LED on the camera after the quick yellow flashing indicates the update has failed. Please repeat Step 1 to Step 5 above without restarting the camera. Change to another Micro-SD card and try again if the update fails again.
c) Ensure you are downloading the correct firmware. DO NOT mix up the camera firmware of the Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 Vision+.
d) The latest DJI Vision app (iOS App: v1.0.46; Android App: v1.0.56) is required.
2015-1-31
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-1 11:47
Tom
In the zip file for the FC200 update, there is a "read me" file.  just open that and follow th ...

Gerry Thank you sir, I appreciate your advise. I am always so leery of doing updates to my P2V+.just last week I updated my Assistant software to v3.6 had minor problems, but managed to fix. It is hard for me to understand all that needs to be done as I am not a computer guru. So I do appreciate all your help. Thank you!
2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

TomWolves Posted at 2015-2-2 00:53
Gerry Thank you sir, I appreciate your advise. I am always so leery of doing updates to my P2V+.ju ...

You are very welcome.  Did you succeed in updating?
2015-2-1
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

johnwarr.live Posted at 2015-2-1 14:06
Follow these instructions to update your firmware:
1. Download the latest Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 fi ...

Thank you Johnwarr.live, for your time and advise, I appreciate it very much.
2015-2-1
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-2 01:02
You are very welcome.  Did you succeed in updating?

No I am too chicken!!... lol  going to wait for a time. I am just trying to get all the facts straight before I do ALL my updating Gerry. Should I uninstall my old versions of Phantom2 Vision Plus assistant software before I do the 3.8? stuff like this I am trying to sort out before I take the plunge. What steps need to be done first?
Once I get this all done then I will do all my updates.Thank you
2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

TomWolves Posted at 2015-2-2 01:24
No I am too chicken!!... lol  going to wait for a time. I am just trying to get all the facts stra ...

I'll tell you what I did.  Some didn't have the problems that I initially had.

After a night of frustration that things were not working, I gave up for the night, and in the morning I decided to restart everything from scratch.

I deleted my app from my tablet and got the new one downloaded from the DJI downloaded page.  (Successful)
Then I uninstalled the "windows drivers" the "DJI RC System Assistant_1.2" and the "DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8" from my computer.  I had older vision assistants on my computer and also deleted all of them.
I downloaded the fresh updated apps from the download page
Windows drivers
RC Assistant 1.2
Phantom 2 Vision Assistant
I connected to the assistants and did the calibrations all over again

I formatted an SD disk in the Phantom and downloaded the FC200 to my computer
I extracted the file to the same folder as per the read me page and copied to the disk
I put the disk in the Phantom and powered it up.  The little green light right above the camera went to flashing yellow then back to green, that is when I powered off the Phantom and took the disk out and replaced it with another clean one.  You might have to format the disk or delete it from the card.
I restarted everything and checked the about pages and all numbers look good.  Started everything up in the house with the props off and went through the startup sequence,  everything is good now.  
There is 1 gremlin, if you have everything running and physically push the camera, it will crash the DJI app on your phone., but you have to really push the camera a ways out of gimbal to do that.  I don't think flying will knock it out or affect it.  I haven't checked waypoint flying as I don't use that or fly out of sight very often.  I hope this will relieve some of your anxiety about this.  Take it one step at a time and think things through and it will work.  If any questions, you can always ask them here.  There's a lot of owners here that are pretty sharp and better than I could be.
2015-2-1
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-2 01:56
I'll tell you what I did.  Some didn't have the problems that I initially had.

After a night of f ...

Gerry what do you mean when you said " physically push the camera?", do you mean take a hold of it with your hand and turn it down?
2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

TomWolves Posted at 2015-2-2 04:19
Gerry what do you mean when you said " physically push the camera?", do you mean take a hold of it ...

Turn it down or sideways with your finger so you see it resist and push back against you.   That will cause your phone app to shut down and then you will have to restart the dji app on your phone.  I'm not sure that would happen with regular flying, but might if you land in tall grass or hit something on the ground to provide resistance on the gimbal.
2015-2-1
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-2 04:39
Turn it down or sideways with your finger so you see it resist and push back against you.   That w ...

Oh!, okay chief, again thank you.
2015-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules