Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Advanced P3 with no camera and multiple p3's on 1 RC unit?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
betson
lvl.2

Australia

Hi All,
Just a couple of questions?
Will a p3 ADV operate pretty much as standard in DJI go app with out the camera connected?  IE will it just have no video feed but all other data.  So intelligent flight modes could still be used?

Also does anyone operate multiple phantoms (adv/pro) from the same controller?  Doing this would just mean a relink prior to flying a different phantom?  Any issues with doing this?

So if i buy a bird only and mount a multi spectral camera for mapping can I use my current RC controller and IFM functions? 1g invested in p3 batteries and a fair wack going to new camera so seeing what I can do here. I  like the P3 platform
Cheers

2016-9-25
Use props
jamesazen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15262 ft

Hi,
I have no actual experience trying to fly a phantom w/o a camera attached, that said, here goes.
I'd expect the GO app to scream loudly with camera / gimbal failure warnings, no idea if the aircraft on board controller software would allow it to fly sans the camera which it is meant to have attached.

Logically, there shouldn't be a problem re-linking the controller from one bird to another, but these forums are full of horror stories.. Caveat emptor!
I think a better platform for attaching a camera of your choice would be a Matrice, just my opinion.
I admire anyone that is willing to experiment, overcome obstacles and achieve goals, Best of luck to you!
2016-9-25
Use props
roymoon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143901 ft
United States

If you want to fly three drones at the same time, you can't.
The controller will only link to one drone at a time.
2016-9-25
Use props
betson
lvl.2

Australia

jamesazen Posted at 2016-9-25 23:58
Hi,
I have no actual experience trying to fly a phantom w/o a camera attached, that said, here goes ...

Thanks,
I thought as much, updating would be an issue without camera.  Yeah and the old re-bind is adding another element that could cause issues.

Anyone flying a P3 with no dji cam under??
2016-9-25
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 351575 ft
United States

betson Posted at 2016-9-25 22:07
Thanks,
I thought as much, updating would be an issue without camera.  Yeah and the old re-bind is ...

ive disconnected my gimbal cables and turned on the drone before to se what would happen. it was just fine. it said "camera disconnected" or something similar on top. i didnt take off but all sensor data seemed to be there. AFAIK, the camera is non vital to anything but... well, camera stuff. it should be able to do the ioc flight modes, but litchi tracking would clearly be useless.
2016-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules