OSMO Mobile - not sure if faulty.
1909 2 2016-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
melchiorum
lvl.1

Lithuania

Hey there,

I have recently purchased an Osmo Mobile and have shot several hours of video with it. Mostly, I like it, and the stabilization is very nice. However there are several worrying issues that I have noticed while using it. Some of these issues make we wonder if my Osmo Mobile is faulty. Just to get it out the way: the gimbal is properly balanced and calibrated, so that isn't an issue.

1. First of all, there is noise and quite noticeable "vibration". I can basically feel the motors "humming" with my hand and I can also hear the noise if I film in a complete silence. The noise is not very audible but I have owned another (non-DJI mande) phone stabilizer before and it was quieter and I couldn't feel motors vibrating as much.

2. When the OSMO is powered after being off for an extended period of time, it tilts the phone counterclockwise a little bit, which means the horizon is not leveled. After a few moments, it slowly corrects the tilt. This makes it hard to start shooting immediatly and may potentially lead to missing moments. I suspect it has something to do with sensors warming up, but is that really normal?

3. The panning motor squeaks. It happens if I pan fast or even if I move the gimbal with my hand. It's like there's a tiny sand particle stuck somewhere inside, making squeaky noises. It's not a real problem, but together with the next point it makes me wonder if I should send my Osmo back.

4. There is an issue with the panning motor: if I pan from side to side, then there is this weird "skipping" that I feel with my hand, as if the motor can't keep up. It would be understandable if it only happened during very fast panning, but even if I do it relatively slow, or simply stop the panning motion abruptly, I can feel it happenng (especially during the right to left movement).

Can any of the Osmo Mobile owners or DJI reps share their thoughts on these issues. Shouls I send my Osmo back or is this all normal behavior?

Thanks.
2016-9-25
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, you normally wouldn't feel any significant vibration or hear any motor sound when you use Osmo Mobile. I suggest you send in your unit. Please contact support.eu@dji.com ,  thank you.
2016-9-28
Use props
amityeric
lvl.2

Mine does the same. Bought it today. Works amazingly well with my iPhone 7 (haven't checked the footage on a big screen yet). But I can HEAR it, and I can feel it vibrating in my hand. Somehow this doesn't seem right. I plan on taking it back to Best Buy and trying another unit.
2016-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules