DJI Go App issues and feature requests
1334 5 2016-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marco Cantieni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1630453 ft

Hi there,

after using the DJI Go app with the Osmo Mobile for about 6 days now I thought I write a smal list of issues and feature requests.

Feature request: enhance the panoramic resolution
I'm surprised about the results of this pano mode. Even in smaller rooms the stitch results are almost flawless. However the size of the pano photos are way to small. I've expected a lot more detail in the picture but that isn't possible because the DJI app produces panos in small resolutiuon only.

Feature request: Switch panoramic rendering to background processing
After the Osmo has taken all shots for the pano are rendered in a foreground process. The user has to wait for it. It would be cool this could be done in a background process. If this is not possible please at least show the user some kind of progress bar in order to make the wait a bit more conveniant.

Feature request: Expand the 180 and 260 pano modes to more single shots like the 9 segment pano mode covering a larger vertical field of view.

Feature request: more settings for video resolutions. I'm missing 1920x1080 60fps, 1920x1080 120fps, 2k and 3 K modes

Issue: The long exposure modes doesn't seem to work properly. I would expect that I gain more light using a long exposure mode while keepig the ISO down or achive cool low light shots. But instead it does not make any difference in the picture brightness when I sude any of the long exposure modes. I simply don't see a use case expect maybe taking shots from flashlights scribing light. Please advise.

Feature request: Option for disabling OIS
Phones with internal OIS fight against the gimbals image stabilasiation. Please give a switcher in the settigs to disable OIS of the phone in order to achieve much better results.

Issue: stuttering video at 4k

Thanks!

2016-9-25
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, thank you for your feedback, I've relayed them to our R&D team.

About 60fps though, it's only possible to add it if your phone's camera supports 60fps itself. About the long exposure mode also, the user's phone should already support it for DJI Go to work properly.

2016-9-26
Use props
m.powley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1535 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am working through the learning and experiment curve using my Osmo Mobile so any suggestions or comments will be infrequent and slow. I must also apologise in advance if I don't use the correct terminology.

My initial thoughts in addition to those listed above are:

FEATURE: Sometimes I think full control of the acceleration and speed for the joystick might help, then I don't have to rely on my thumb during one chance "glide" shots

FEATURE: It would be great if I could configure dynamic "creative shortcuts" made up of one or many actions e.g. pan from position A to position B and at the same time change focus from background to foreground

FEATURE: I would like the motion configuration option for a time-lapse available for standard shots too

FEATURE: I think it would also be useful to have e.g. Siri integration to fire a specific "creative shortcut" or simply to start and stop a shot

FEATURE: If you want to use Active Track on the front camera to track yourself maybe a time single photo could be used to configure the target "actor" (you) before starting the actual shot?
FEATURE: Ability to use another device as a remote for some actions, possibly touch camera panning control.

I would be interested to hear any thoughts people have on these points too

That's all for now.
*EDIT* I am going to create a new post for these as this has gone dead *EDIT*

2016-9-26
Use props
Marco Cantieni
lvl.2

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-26 17:48

About 60fps though, it's only p ...

My iPhone 6S Plus supports 1080p with 60fps. Why can't I set this in den DJI Go app while im Filmic Pro it is possible?
2016-9-26
Use props
Marco Cantieni
lvl.2

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-26 17:48

About 60fps though, it's only p ...

Regarding long expore. My iPhone 6S Plus supports it. The way this is used in the DJI Go app seems to be useless.
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Marco Cantieni Posted at 2016-9-27 01:59
My iPhone 6S Plus supports 1080p with 60fps. Why can't I set this in den DJI Go app while im Filmi ...

It will be supported, we're developing it.
2016-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules