Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Brand new Osmo Plus Focus issue
9629 13 2016-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAD35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4387201 ft
Australia

Hi Guys,

I decided to purchase a Osmo Plus to compliment my P4 and it arrived today.  After charging the battery and getting it all going, I did some test footage in my back yard but the footage when copying it off the SD card seems real blurry almost like the auto focus is not working properly.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong.  The settings are fine and I have turned off audio recording and video cache as I dont need that stuff.

When I press on the screen to focus on a specifc part it seems to be better on that specific point but everything else around it is terrible.   I am using an iphone 6s plus and IOS 10,  I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.  Firmware is also up to date.

When I look at other footage posted online, they do not have this problem.

Do you think it may be faulty??
2016-9-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello sir, would you please post the original picture from SD card here so that we could get more info? thanks
2016-9-25
Use props
MAD35
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-26 15:12
Hello sir, would you please post the original picture from SD card here so that we could get more in ...

Hi Natalia,

Here is a video straight from the SD card and uploaded in 4K.  You can see that mostly the footage is out of focus.

2016-9-25
Use props
MAD35
lvl.3
Australia

Here is another video showing footage is out of focus.

2016-9-26
Use props
MarkusMZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137700 ft
Germany

MAD35 Posted at 2016-9-26 10:33

https://youtu.be/F0fAxkYelA4

Hi there,
maybe same mistake I made first - because the app is fkcn' bad (or better say NOT) documented :-(((

Touch the yellow circle with the point in the center (top of the screen, left to the ISO/Shutter ... etc.) and the "Expose-Cursor" will change to a green "AF-Cursor". Now you're able to get in focus.
I just know it, because I hit it by accident.

Dear DJI-Engineers - what about a user-manual for the app?! ;-)

regards
Markus
2016-9-26
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

MarkusMZ Posted at 2016-9-26 14:47
Hi there,
maybe same mistake I made first - because the app is fkcn' bad (or better say NOT) docum ...

Hey Markus (et all)!

I just found the app is outlined in the user manuals located here:

OSMO+ Downloads

2016-9-26
Use props
MAD35
lvl.3
Australia

MarkusMZ Posted at 2016-9-27 05:47
Hi there,
maybe same mistake I made first - because the app is fkcn' bad (or better say NOT) docum ...

Hey Markus,

I checked my settings and I already had the green AF Square but after I manually put it into yellow metering mode and back again it fixed the focus issue.

Many thanks for the feedback and pointer.

Cheers
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI-SMD
New
United States

MAD35 Posted at 2016-9-26 16:55
Hey Markus,

I checked my settings and I already had the green AF Square but after I manually put  ...

Hi! Just got an Osmo + and I have a question for you...when you use the zoom feature, does your aperture readout in your DJI GO app stay at f/2.8? Or does it change and go up to f/5.2? Mine stays on f/2.8 although I think I can see the exposure change. Bug maybe??

Also, with regards to your AF question, have you found that the AF continues to adjust as you move around or do you have to manually tap the screen to have it adjust? There's a "real time AF" option in the settings menu that I believe makes it continuous AF, but I was curious what you have found since you also have one.

Thanks!
2016-9-26
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 390863 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-SMD Posted at 2016-9-27 12:02
Hi! Just got an Osmo + and I have a question for you...when you use the zoom feature, does your ap ...

I have the same problem where if I zoom in the aperture dosent change. Also it would be nice if DJI could explain better how the OSMO+ focuses and what the "Real time AF" truly means as its not even in the manual.
Also I noticed if I touch around the bottom middle right of the screen I get a big green box flash on the screen not sure what it means?  Anyone else get this or know what it means?

Also is there a way to lock the focus on the camera so its like the first OSMO so I can be guaranteed to get in focus videos unless I get closer than 1.5 meters? I can never tell if the camera is truly focused properly when looking at the DJI GO App as the video streaming quality is so poor.
2016-9-26
Use props
MarkusMZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137700 ft
Germany

dennish Posted at 2016-9-27 00:11
Hey Markus (et all)!

I just found the app is outlined in the user manuals located here:

Thanx for the link; unfortunately the full manual isn't linked when language is "GERMAN"; there's only the "Quick Start Guide" etc.
Thanks and regards
Markus

2016-9-27
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bump - DJI?
2016-10-6
Use props
paul397
New

MAD35 Posted at 2016-9-26 16:33

Franky I got my OSMO+ a couple of days ago, had exactly the same problem and was about to return it when I saw your post. I'll try the fix when my battery recharges.

Great YouTube channel! Me and my buddy Buster just subscribed. What's your post fix impression of the OSMO+ and have you uploaded any post focus fix OSMO+ footage?

cheers mate!
2016-11-6
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

paul397 Posted at 2016-11-6 08:35
Franky I got my OSMO+ a couple of days ago, had exactly the same problem and was about to return it ...

Hi, on the screen, you can toggle and see a green box, then you can tap on screen to focus ( tapping is about exposure by default, so you need to toggle)
2016-11-7
Use props
fans29089d14
New

United States

I purchased one as well and I d worked as s professional for over 12 years.  I’m very unimpressed. I’m using it to shoot a YouTube channel, and the quality is so poor wendy just shoot on an iPhone.  The focus is ridiculous and forget it in bright light situations. I even purchased the Nd filters, which help with the light, but still really bad focus issues.  Frustrating that a phone performs better.  I’m not recommending it in my YouTube channel.
2019-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules