DJI Osmo Mobile - 1 day of use and now not working!
5659 10 2016-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joseph.sheu
New

Australia

Hi guys,

I received my Osmo mobile late last week, after being impressed with the original Osmo. Decided to get it to compliment my video set up.

I set up the Osmo mobile successfully with my phone, prudent to check the motors were not over heating and that the balance was correct.

I successfully shot a few short clips with it for most of the day, and it worked as designed. No issues. Towards the evening (I was attending a friends wedding), I tried to use it again to film the couple's first dance. That's where it went haywire. (besides missing the first dance, which was hard enough!!) .

When powered on, the gimbal now seems limp, when the app is switched on, it says "Device error, double tap to recover", when I double tap, the gimbal violently turns to the right until it hits the end, and then all the way left until it hits the end, then right again. Error recurrs.

I have tried to use the Auto calibration in the menu, same behaviour followed by calibration failed. I have also tried to reset the gimbal via the app. It says reset, but doesn't seem to do anything. Have also unplugged the battery for a period of time.

If anyone can provide a way to do a hard reset? I would be happy to try that....
2016-9-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Joseph, sorry to hear about this issue, after trying to calibrate and reset gimbal, if no improvement, maybe it needs to be sent in for further evaluation. Please feel free to contact our tech support at support@dji.com.
2016-9-25
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I'm sorry to say that your device is defective, please contact the seller to see if you can get a direct refund, or email support@dji.com to send it in for an exchange. Thank you.
2016-9-25
Use props
joseph.sheu
New

Australia

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-26 15:25
I'm sorry to say that your device is defective, please contact the seller to see if you can get a di ...

Hi guys,

thanks for the info. I will contact support. I purchased directly from DJI website.
2016-9-26
Use props
WigBZBPfPNCW
New

United States

Exact same thing happens to me:
When powered on, the gimbal now seems limp, when the app is switched on, it says "Device error, double tap to recover", when I double tap, the gimbal violently turns to the right until it hits the end, and then all the way left until it hits the end, then right again. Error recurrs.
2016-10-8
Use props
Jimmyb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31621 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine did this and i solved it by putting tape over the phone sensor. It worked just fine for a while and started doing it.
I hadn't changed phone cases or anything else that might explain it. When it is working with the sensor covered it also says 'unable to rotate, adjust gimbal attitude' even though its rotating at the time and basicallttty in the middle of its range of movement.
I'm assuming mine may also be faulty then?
2016-10-8
Use props
anez.anez
New

Indonesia

I'm facing the same problem. Already put the tape. Don't work. Pull the batt. Don't work either. Fully recharge. Don't work also. Please help.
2016-10-17
Use props
anez.anez
New

Indonesia

This is my video. Need to return this thing. Should not buy it. First DJI product but so disappointed. And I buy at amazon.
2016-10-17
Use props
Jimmyb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31621 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mines going back as customer service said it needed looking at. Not really what you'd expect at this sort of money.
2016-10-17
Use props
anez.anez
New

Indonesia

Jimmyb Posted at 2016-10-18 03:39
Mines going back as customer service said it needed looking at. Not really what you'd expect at this ...

yes, but now im facing a problem, here in indonesia they dont have customer service for dji. how can i fix this. so upset till now. need to return to amazon us. wasting my money for shipment.

maybe rethink about buying the mavic pro also. still new. dissapointed.
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry about it, please email support@dji.com to send it in. Or you can contact Amazon to send it in.
2016-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules