Video: Night to day transition
949 14 2016-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Ever since I had seen tiansimpson's carnival/fair video that transitioned from day to night I have been wanting to experiment some with that technique.  This is a little boring for scenery but at least I had control over the night lights and was able to fly it all from my back yard (a few times).  It's not perfect but gives me an idea what it takes for flying and then the editing involved to make it appear to overlay and track fairly descent.

Music was something stock from the editor.  Flights aided by Litchi.

2016-9-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Well done great video thanks for sharing
2016-9-26
Use props
JWC P4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Very nice!  
2016-9-26
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Thanks for the view and the comments guys!  Will be fun to find a new spot to apply this technique again.
2016-9-26
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Worked well

I guess the next test is to repeat daily for 6 months for a full on drone hyperlapse
2016-9-26
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 593120 ft

Only the second video of this kind lol . I'll look forward to your next one, The subject matter is important it has to look interesting at night as well as in the day. Well done let me know when you've done another.
2016-9-26
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-9-26 13:27
Worked well

I guess the next test is to repeat daily for 6 months for a full on drone hyp ...

Say what?   Man I was lucky to pull this one off and still keep some hair... facial hair, all I got.
2016-9-26
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

tiansimpson thanks bud!  Along the lines of interesting subject matter, I was wishing for neked female tennis players to show up at night but as you can see that just didn't happen so I had to go with the ghosts.
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Nice video! Thanks for your sharing.
2016-9-26
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

aaah nice I have that planned also for a LItchi mission!! )
great to see it works so weel!
2016-9-27
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

there is still a good misalignment, easy to see when watched in fullscreen.
Have you tried align the videos at the point of blend exactly and then shift them in between slowly?
2016-9-27
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great clarity and quality from the P4 Camera.. FYI, you are not suppose to fly at night in the States.
2016-9-27
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

Fantastic first attempt!  One nit, though.  Slow down the transitions between day and night and back.  I think it would improve the feel and gives the viewer more time to be aware of and appreciate the differences.

Great job!
2016-9-27
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Sebb Posted at 2016-9-27 05:45
there is still a good misalignment, easy to see when watched in fullscreen.
Have you tried align th ...

You're correct and I finally settled on this version since no matter how much I tweaked it the scenery wasn't going to get any better.  I get the concept though at least.
2016-9-27
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

spiderbot.sb Posted at 2016-9-27 06:56
Fantastic first attempt!  One nit, though.  Slow down the transitions between day and night and back ...

Thanks spiderbot.  Good points on slowing since it does transition fairly quick.  I've been over it a hundred times but a first time viewer will see it change rather rapidly and miss some of the precision or lack there of.

As rodger mentioned, we are not to fly at night here in the states.   Since I live at this park I did the video along with the park tour video for our parks department media department.  I'll be talking with the police here soon also about some night time flights in the park to hopefully deter criminal activity.

The stated rule: Must fly during daylight hours* or civil twilight hours (30 minutes before official sunrise to 30 minutes after official sunset, local time) with appropriate anti-collision lighting.

2016-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules