Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to make sure the Remote Controller position is successfully recorded
2245 11 2015-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Whenyou take aerial images or videos by Inspire1, to better use the function “Set Remote Controller Position as HOME POINT "

Pilot need confirm whether thecontroller’s position is located ! These 2 flowing points could be regard as areference:
1,Make sure there is no barrier between your remote controller towards the sky
2,Check MAP info in the APP. It means the TX’s position is successfully recordedwhen there is a blue circle in the map.

APP.jpg

2015-1-31
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

But the blue circle is nowhere near the home point. Is this correct?
2015-3-12
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Thanks for the info Julain,

The only problem is when i am flying the craft, the Dynamic home point is floating/jumping all the time in a wide area (between 150-900 feet) from my original position where i am.....

I discovered it in the last 3 flights when i took a look to my flight Log's. So i don't trust anymore the dynamic home point.

Normally i never use the return to home button but if the craft looses the connection and try to get home to a position other than where i am (river, lake, mountains, forest...)...i let you imagine what can happens.

So, again, the blue point never stands where it should be even after confirmation...it's floating. And i tried to have no obstruction to the upper part of the RC...

Maybe an issue with my GPS receiver in the RC?

Thanks for some ideas
2015-3-12
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

I also opened a tread about this problem and it seems that there are other peoples with the same observation
2015-3-12
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

Are you guys sure that the blue dot is not the iPads gps position
That's what I think the blue dot is. (iPads gps position)
Just my 2 cents
2015-3-12
Use props
rbaaij
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73871 ft
Brazil

patou72 Posted at 2015-3-12 20:28
Thanks for the info Julain,

The only problem is when i am flying the craft, the Dynamic home point  ...

HI,
I was reading that you can analyze your flight logs. I would really appreciate if you could explain to me where to find the flight logs and how to read them
Thanks in advance,
Robert
2015-3-12
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

rbaaij Posted at 2015-3-13 00:51
HI,
I was reading that you can analyze your flight logs. I would really appreciate if you could ex ...

Hi rbaaij,

You open up the DJI pilot App and then click on the "User Center" Button. On the bottom side of the new window you will have 3 buttons...Hit the one in the middle and the window "Flight record" will open up.
After you choose one of your flights, click on it and you will see google maps (Android) with your flight plan.
Hit the play button on the lower side and you will have a review of this flight......

Just try
2015-3-12
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

kelleyre@gmail. Posted at 2015-3-12 22:18
Are you guys sure that the blue dot is not the iPads gps position
That's what I think the blue dot i ...

LOL....possible....i really don't know. Would be great to have an official response. Anyway i prefer if the blue dot is the RC
2015-3-12
Use props
rbaaij
lvl.4
Brazil

patou72 Posted at 2015-3-13 01:05
Hi rbaaij,

You open up the DJI pilot App and then click on the "User Center" Button. On the botto ...

Thank you very much for your fast response. I am sorry to ask you but what do you mean by the center user button in the pilot app.?
Robert
2015-3-12
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Switzerland

rbaaij Posted at 2015-3-13 01:41
Thank you very much for your fast response. I am sorry to ask you but what do you mean by the cent ...

Hi,
When you start the Dji pilot App you will have the the first screen with the photos of the canyons ok?
So in the lower part you have 4 "buttons"  (camera, maps, Academy and on the right side of this....user center).
Hope that helps

Good flight
2015-3-12
Use props
rbaaij
lvl.4
Brazil

Hi patou72,
Got it, I really appreciate your help.

2015-3-12
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

The blue circle may well be the position of your ipad/tablet but why would that be half a mile away from your rc?

As Julian says “Set Remote Controller Position as HOME POINT " and yet in his picture his ipad/tablet ( blue circle ) which i am assuming is on top of his rc, is nowhere near the home point. Unless the big green marker wit "H" on it is not the "home" point??  
2015-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules