ON THE ROAD WILD WEST :: Yellowstone, Grand Teton, & Glacier Nati...
1621 12 2016-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HuckleberryStyl
lvl.1

United States

We love road trips! We spent several days exploring Montana and Wyoming (with a pit stop in Deadwood, South Dakota) visiting Yellowstone, Glacier, and Grand Teton National Parks. Below are our quick tips and reviews.

Our Itinerary:
Drive from Rapid City to Deadwood, SD (because we love the show!). Review: Would not make a special trip to see the city.
While in Deadwood, SD we also made a stop to see Mount Rushmore.

Mount Rushmore to Billings, Montana and stopped for the night at The Northern Hotel (highly recommend)

Billings, MT to Jackson Hole, WY. Review: Definitely will be going back to Jackson Hole. We stayed at The Lodge at Jackson Hole and Wyoming Inn and at half the price of the Lodge, Wyoming Inn was surprisingly pleasant. We’ll stay at Wyoming Inn the next time we’re in Jackson Hole.

From Jackson Hole, Grand Teton National Park and Yellow Stone National Park are within 3 hours drive.

Jackson Hole, WY to Bozeman, MT where we stayed at the Gallatin River Lodge which we loved. See our separate video on the lodge.
Bozeman, MT to Whitefish, MT for Glacier National Park. We stayed at the Lodge at Whitefish but would not stay here again- the Lodge felt more like a college dorm.

Tip: Before our road trip, we purchased a family National Parks pass at REI and saved a great deal versus paying individually at each National Park.

2016-9-26
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Huck,

Quite the adventure!  Nice video, classic music.  I remember doing all that during the summers as a kid.  Memories, memories.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great video very beautiful shots in there,good job
2016-9-27
Use props
Karuna Khinhin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 364278 ft

Loved it! And yes the music, Classic!
2016-9-27
Use props
Larsenandson
lvl.2

United States

How are you getting away with flying in so many no fly zones??
2016-9-27
Use props
Larsenandson
lvl.2

United States

2016-9-27
Use props
PetraW
lvl.1

That would be my question too:-) I don't live in the US, but visiting next year and all I hear is....can't fly here, can't fly there.....Maybe one of you guys can let me know how I can register my drone in  the US? The site they have doesn't work outside the US:-( Bummer....and here we have no registration...
2016-9-28
Use props
HuckleberryStyl
lvl.1

United States

Larsenandson Posted at 2016-9-27 12:40

Thanks for checking the video out.  I never flew my P3P in a no fly zone.  Sometimes I just held the drone to take advantage of the gimbal and other were shot using a Panasonic G7 DSLR.  

The new (somewhat new) DJI GO app is amazing at telling me where I can't fly.  I also use the FAA B4U FLY app.  
2016-9-28
Use props
HuckleberryStyl
lvl.1

United States

http://federaldroneregistration.com/

This is the site I use in the USA. Should work once you get here. Took me 5 minutes and $5. You can print off confirmation and write your FAA number on the drone. You can apply that one FAA number to all your drones if you are lucky enough to have multiple.
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Very impressive video. It's really nice!    Happy flying!
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

really enjoy it, thanks for sharing~
2016-9-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing footage.    No wonder Montana is called Big Sky Country.
2022-3-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Simply splendid.
2022-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now