RC assistant software unable to connect to RC
7740 23 2016-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kallidawn
New

I flew the drone once, over a year ago when I purchased it, and it hasn't been touched since.  Now that I got it back out, it's giving me issue after issue.  We're down to 2.  Maybe they're connected.

1. Solid red LED indicator lights on drone wings, and cannot start motor.
2. Remote isn't recognized to be connected when I open up the RC assistant software. Connection indicator lights stay red & blue.  The same thing happens when connecting either the remote or the drone and opening up the Phantom assistant software.

Green light on the bottom of the drone is green - remote & drone are in communication (or so I assume).  Everything turns on just fine. I am able to go through GPS calibration steps, but at the end the lights turn solid red and stay there.

I have a Phantom 2 drone with a GoPro hero 4 on the gimbal.

Not sure where to start. Please help asap - I need to figure this out. Thank you!
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello kallidawn, may I know have you upgrade the firmware to the latest ? what is the operating system of your PC? have you tried to uninstall it and install it again to check whether it can be recognized?
2016-9-26
Use props
kallidawn
New

I downloaded the drone software a few days ago, and was able to upgrade the firmware on the drone.  But none of the upgrade details or other information populate when I plug it in and open the program.  I downloaded the RC software today, and it doesn't recognize that the remote is connected.  I use a Mac.  Yosemite 10.10.5.  I haven't uninstalled and re-installed, since I just barely installed the RC software today, and right after installing I had this issue.  I'm guessing the next step is to uninstall, re-install, and re-do the firmware upgrade on the drone, maybe? Do I need to uninstall and re-install both programs?  Let me know what I should try. Thanks!
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kallidawn@gmail Posted at 2016-9-27 11:28
I downloaded the drone software a few days ago, and was able to upgrade the firmware on the drone.   ...

Yes, you could, please make sure you install assistant and driver properly, then connect your aircraft or remote to the assistant and upgrade firmware again. If you could upgrade it successfully, then please check "Info" page about details.
2016-9-26
Use props
kallidawn
New

Well I uninstalled & re-installed and did 2 things differently than the first time, and it worked!  I was able to calibrate the GPS and take off/fly just fine.

1. I plugged in the drone to my mac BEFORE opening the assistant software (I'm not sure which order I did it in the first time)
2. I turned on the remote and (in the Phantom software, not the RC software) calibrated the remote.  Previously this didn't work - it would say Remote not connected/Connect Remote.

Thank you for your help!

2016-9-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kallidawn@gmail Posted at 2016-9-27 23:34
Well I uninstalled & re-installed and did 2 things differently than the first time, and it worked!   ...

No problem, please enjoy it and feel free to contact us if any other questions.
2016-9-28
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft

Hello Natalia . I too am experiencing a driver issue with my RC assistant software .
OS- Windows 10
Controller-Upgrade Version Phantom 2
RC Assistant version 1.2
MC communicates with P2 Assistant software .
Remote will not communicate with RC Assistant software.

Uninstalled RC Assistant software from computer . Reinstalled using originally downloaded zip file . Issue continues to persist . Would be willing to try downloading a new zip or exe. file from DJI.
At this time having difficulty locating new RC Assistant software from DJI website .
Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated .
Thank You

Michael Starley
2016-10-5
Use props
DJIDamo
lvl.1

Australia

I am having exactly the same problem Michael Starley.
The Rc also randomly un pairs from my P2?
2016-11-12
Use props
DJIDamo
lvl.1

Australia

Michael Starley Posted at 2016-10-5 21:35
Hello Natalia . I too am experiencing a driver issue with my RC assistant software .
OS- Windows 10 ...

Did you find a fix Michael?
2016-11-14
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

DJIDamo
Yes
Thank You
2016-11-22
Use props
warchill
New

United Kingdom

hi all, I have a phantom 2 vision plus v3, and can no longer connect the hand held remote control  to the RC assistant software on my laptop (Windows 10), the drone itself will connect to it's assistant software but the Hand held remote control won't.
Also, does the hand held remote have to be calibrated in it's RC assistant software or can it be done whilst in the phantoms software?
Does anyone have any advice?

Thank You
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

warchill Posted at 2016-12-3 06:13
hi all, I have a phantom 2 vision plus v3, and can no longer connect the hand held remote control  t ...

The RC calibration can be done in the Phantom Assistant, but that's primarily on the receiver side, it is a good idea to do the RC calibration via the RC Assistant on occasion or if the receiver side doesn't seem to be enough. Just to clarify, are you able to get some sort of audio queue from your computer indicating that it's reading a connection?
2016-12-2
Use props
warchill
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-3 01:52
The RC calibration can be done in the Phantom Assistant, but that's primarily on the receiver side ...

13#
Hi Jamie thanks for getting back to me.
The steps I take are as follows:-
1/ I open the RC assistant software.
2/ I insert USB end into laptop, then insert the small USB end into the Handheld remote control. (I've tried different ways to connect to each)
(At this stage no sound has been made but the Red light which turns to Green (because it's fully charged) on the Handheld Remote comes on)
3/ I turn on the power of the handheld remote control and two beeps sound on the handheld remote, and a ding ding ding  sounds on the laptop , 4 green lights are showing on the handheld remote (because it's fully charged) but the two lights on the RC software remain unlit.

I've also uninstalled and re-installed the software.
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

warchill Posted at 2016-12-3 22:21
13#
Hi Jamie thanks for getting back to me.
The steps I take are as follows:-

Have you tried running the program as an administrator?
2016-12-3
Use props
warchill
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-3 23:19
Have you tried running the program as an administrator?

Yes I've tried that. I've also tried various USB cables
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

warchill Posted at 2016-12-4 07:33
Yes I've tried that. I've also tried various USB cables

Do you have any other Assistant softwares running in the background? Are you able to try a different computer, just to see if it's an issue with the computer and not the RC?
2016-12-3
Use props
warchill
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-4 00:08
Do you have any other Assistant softwares running in the background? Are you able to try a differe ...

I have no other assistant software running, i'll try it on another laptop, and get back to you, I appreciate your help thank you
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

warchill Posted at 2016-12-4 09:29
I have no other assistant software running, i'll try it on another laptop, and get back to you, I  ...

Please keep me posted.
2016-12-3
Use props
warchill
New

United Kingdom

Hiya Jamie,
Good news I found this site http://flitetest.com/articles/dji-naza-m-windows-10
follow the instructions to the letter and all will be good.
(Quick tip:- The stage after "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"  A box with "USB Serial Device" will appear, in the tutorial it only shows one of these where i had two of the same, i first tried the highlighted one which didn't work so i tried the one below it and this was the one that worked for me.)
RC assistant up and running again.
Thanks for being there for me really appreciate your support, maybe this link can be passed around to anyone else that are having the same problems.
Hope it helps others.
Thank you

2016-12-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

warchill Posted at 2016-12-4 22:00
Hiya Jamie,
Good news I found this site http://flitetest.com/articles/dji-naza-m-windows-10
follow  ...

It's good to hear you're up and running. Thanks for the update.
2016-12-4
Use props
U N
New

Germany

Hi DJI-Team,
I'm owning a Phantom 2.
Now I tried to connect the P2 to my laptop for enabling the S2 (IOC: CL, HL).
So I downloaded the SW NAZA, V2.40 and the driver but I didn't get connection.
When installed the NAZA for the P2 vision I get contact to the P2, but in this SW I can't enable the IOC.
So in principle the HW and the connection works, but the NAZA V2.4 or V2.2 didn't connect to the P2.
How can I connect the P2 to the NAZA V2.4 or V2.2 to enable the IOC?
Thanks in advance!
Regards, Udo
2016-12-20
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

For the Phantom 2 you need to download the PT2 Assistant.
The NAZA program is not compatible with the Phantom 2.

Once you have done that, you can switch to NAZA mode in the PT2 Assistant and configure S1 and S2 how you like.
2016-12-20
Use props
U N
New

Germany

Hi,
thanks for your great support!!! Now the NAZA-SW works and I was able to switch ON the IOC. I see also the reaction of the switches in NAZA-SW.
But unfortunately the IOC doesn't work. After rotating the PT2 by 90° to the right, the PT2 flew to then right instead of frontwards I'm steering to.
I started (switched ON) the PT2 in CL Mode, and calibrated the GPS as well.
Do you have some hints why the PT2 not works fine? Could it be an issue of connectors inside? Or is it more a SW calibartion issue?
Do you have experiances to such an issue in the past?
Thanks in advance!
Regards, Udo
2016-12-22
Use props
fish65
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks, was struggling to get Phantom 2 RC controller to connect and calibrate on Win10 laptop (drone was fine..??) - the instructions from 'warchill' on how to install an unsigned driver fixed everything :-)
2017-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules