X5 repair... WORST customer service EVER....
12020 56 2016-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

dcchavez Posted at 2016-11-11 01:31
Jamie-

Any course of action for me?  What in the heck is going on over there?

You should have received some notification from the North American facility directly regarding the status of your camera.
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Inspire1propilo Posted at 2016-11-11 21:35
I am Inspire 1 pro x5 customer who purchased DJI Care and I'm incredibly frustrated with this proces ...

Thank you for supplying your case number. I'll look into it for you.
2016-11-11
Use props
dcchavez
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-12 07:24
You should have received some notification from the North American facility directly regarding the ...

Jamie-  yes, I got a call from a tech, only after making this post on the forum...  My "escalated case" from Jameson had no net effect.  

However, I spoke with the tech and he informed me that they were waiting on a shipment of brand new gimbals to ship out to me.  I asked him why no one ever mentioned this to me, and he had no response.... Finally, he said there was a shipment coming in the following day and he would rush it out to me.  5 days later, no gimbal, no call, no email, no update to Repair Progress, no smoke signal.. NOTHING.

F-WORD!

This is ridiculous.  WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET A WORKING GIMBAL BACK?  Get in contact with the Better Business Bureau?  Contact my lawyer?  File a class action lawsuit?  Send you guys an invoice for the cost of a new replacement gimbal?

I need this sorted out in the next 48 hours.  Its been almost 3 months....
2016-11-15
Use props
AyrshireUAV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dcchavez Posted at 2016-11-15 20:00
Jamie-  yes, I got a call from a tech, only after making this post on the forum...  My "escalated  ...

I sent my X5 into DJI last week via UPS and I'm still waiting on it even tracking on the UPS website.  I have exactly the same damage as you have.  Mine occurred after using it on my Osmo Pro.  The Osmo powered down unexpexdedly and the X5 under its own weight went from pointing horizontally to vertically. This action caused the damage to the same area as yours.  The area that is broken appears to be extremely thin and not made from high grade materials that you would expect from  "professional grade" equipment.  Given when used as part of the Osmo Pro the camera and gimbal is upside down, you would expect the part holding the weight to be sturdy enough to hold everything together.  I wasnt outside when this happened.  I wasnt up a hill, on a moor, or filming a chase scene.  I was sitting in my living room, I had the Osmo in its holder and I was physically holding it when it happened.  Like you, I take care of my equipment.  I have 6 different HPRC wheeled cases for my Inspire 1 Pro, Phantom 4 and my Osmo.  I have 3 Manfrotto backpacks, and numerous bespoke Peli cases.  I take no chances.  My X5 came from the first batch when originally released back in 2015.   My X5 broke 366 days after I took delivery of it.  You couldn't make it up!  I have taken 30 images of the damage, the X5 itself and of my X5 case before sending it in.  I have images and records of all serial numbers and codes.  I really hope my experience is better than yours.  
***Update***. I now have a brand new X5 courtesy of DJI.  My broken one was replaced free of charge.  Once it appeared on the tracking system the process was pretty straight forward.  I received a few updates and had it back in my hands about a week later.  Cant fault their RMA one bit in this case.  First Class actually.
2016-11-15
Use props
Diegomrd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1095525 ft
Colombia

Hi to All,

I want to know if this Drone Inspire 1 Pro had a entry to technical service in 2016, supposedly it was. (California).

Is there a way to know that?

Serial:
Craft S/N: W21ACI26010393

P.D: I didnt do the process on my own, it was a friend because I live in Colombia.

Regards
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Diegomrd Posted at 2017-2-9 16:12
Hi to All,

I want to know if this Drone Inspire 1 Pro had a entry to technical service in 2016, supposedly it was. (California).

Your friend doesn't have a RMA number from that repair service?
2017-2-9
Use props
Diegomrd
lvl.1
Colombia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-9 23:10
Your friend doesn't have a RMA number from that repair service?

My friend is not being very honest with me,
Can I access to the billing of this repair?

May can be these numbers:

DJI Product for Repair Received CRM:

Case Number:
CAS-269833-L6F9Q0

2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Diegomrd Posted at 2017-2-10 17:27
My friend is not being very honest with me,
Can I access to the billing of this repair?

I'll let you know what I find out. Since we've reached the weekend, I would have more information for you early next week.
2017-2-10
Use props
Diegomrd
lvl.1
Colombia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-10 20:00
I'll let you know what I find out. Since we've reached the weekend, I would have more information for you early next week.

Thank you so much for your help Jamie!

Regards
2017-2-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Diegomrd Posted at 2017-2-11 10:07
Thank you so much for your help Jamie!

Regards

So it did come into the Repair Center for a repair service. It had the camera replaced and the landing gear repaired. Are you experiencing any issues since you've acquired it?
2017-2-13
Use props
Diegomrd
lvl.1
Colombia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-13 15:55
So it did come into the Repair Center for a repair service. It had the camera replaced and the landing gear repaired. Are you experiencing any issues since you've acquired it?

No everything worked fine! Good Job of DJI.
All previous repairs "cost me $800 USD" because supposedly that's what the invoice said but that´s invoice I never saw it, only I paid the price because I really needed it urgently in that time ago and I from Colombia cant do much really.

The question is:
Really the camera replaced and the landing gear repaired cost me 800 USD?

If you can help me with clarify that doubt, really I would be grateful to you!

Best,

Diego
utdiegomrd@gmail.com
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Diegomrd Posted at 2017-2-14 12:41
No everything worked fine! Good Job of DJI.
All previous repairs "cost me $800 USD" because supposedly that's what the invoice said but that´s invoice I never saw it, only I paid the price because I really needed it urgently in that time ago and I from Colombia cant do much really.

I can PM you the details.
2017-2-14
Use props
Diegomrd
lvl.1
Colombia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-14 16:07

Thanks  you very much for your help and excellent support!
God blees you!
2017-2-15
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-14 16:07

Please change the headline of this misleading post. The last post is clearly a positive one.
2017-2-15
Use props
Canoldy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138734 ft
United Kingdom

Diegomrd Posted at 2016-11-10 05:52
cchavez,
This is very sad, were are the base of this company!

Did you manage to find the part i have the same problem
2018-7-3
Use props
crel.studio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15351 ft
Russia

This is another solution to the global problem. Many users of drones with cameras #dji #zenmuseX5 sooner or later encounter problems and breakdowns of the #yaw pan axis, since at the DJI factory the most critical node is made very weak. Because of this, the part breaks, the cables are torn and the camera becomes unusable. We found a solution to this problem and have been helping # x5 users for a long time. It remains only to collect old and broken parts.
Contact us for help and give your camera a chance to get a second life. https://youtu.be/I3XrDghWkxg Email me at whatsapp +79538012855
2020-4-22
Use props
crel.studio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15351 ft
Russia

Diegomrd Posted at 2016-11-10 05:52
cchavez,
This is very sad, were are the base of this company!

This is another solution to the global problem. Many users of drones with cameras #dji #zenmuseX5 sooner or later encounter problems and breakdowns of the #yaw pan axis, since at the DJI factory the most critical node is made very weak. Because of this, the part breaks, the cables are torn and the camera becomes unusable. We found a solution to this problem and have been helping # x5 users for a long time. It remains only to collect old and broken parts.
Contact us for help and give your camera a chance to get a second life. https://youtu.be/I3XrDghWkxg Email me at whatsapp +79538012855
2020-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules