Z15-A7 Mount Broke on M600 During Shipment
887 1 2016-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TAfirehawk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 315938 ft
United States

I have been flying my M600 with Z15-A7 and Sony A7R II for a few weeks without issue in Florida.  Now I shipped it (without camera installed) in the M600 Go Professional Case to Virginia via FedEx Ground and had the gimbal mounting brackets broken (3 of the 4).  The foam was supporting the gimbal from below very firmly so normal crashing and banging around by FedEx shouldn't have done anything to the gimbal...but well here I am and wondering if anybody else has had or heard of a weakness in the mounting bracket?
See pictures of where it broke...

This seems poorly engineered (I am a mechanical engineer) and could have been stressed during flight and just "finished off" during FedEx transport.  I insured the shipment so FedEx will be getting a claim but I also think the manufacturer here is at least partially to blame...thoughts?

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG
2016-9-26
Use props
TAfirehawk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 315938 ft
United States

This post is kinda old but it is worth a followup as I hope nobody ever buys this series of gimbal anymore.

I bought a second gimbal and found that simply flying at full acceleration breaks the gimbal.  I replaced the mount pieces and flew very slowly and conservatively to keep it from breaking.

Now I moved to the Ronin-MX but that isn't perfect either....DJI really messed up the lateral stabilization but hey, if you haven't figured it out yet then let me tell you....WE ARE ALL BETA TESTERS FOR DJI.
2017-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules