Cant install firmware onto Osmo+
1203 12 2016-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

I just received the Osmo+, after downloaded the latest firmware into the supplied SD card (16G supplied together from DJI.)
And turned on Osmo+ as mentioned in the instruction menu.
The light on the Osmo+ turn red and green for 1 second, then finish insatlling. The green light on the right hand side keep constant light.
The text message showed:

=======2016.09.27   12:01)27 remo-con disconnect=====
Packet: OSMO_FC350Z_FW_V01.01.00.30bin
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the
device.

I tried with different SD card, tried 4 more times, the same result.

Can you please help.

OSMO_FC350Z_FW_RESULT_AB_txt_and_NO_NAME.jpg
2016-9-26
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Check, it may already have the latest FW, by the looks of it it dose
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Yes, agree with nigelbrinkmann. it's already the latest for V1.1.0.30, and "Abort" means you have the latest firmware on Osmo+.
Enjoy~
2016-9-26
Use props
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks nigebrinkmann and Natalia for explaining.
But this time when I try to open the DJI Go app, the following questions come after.
I had experiences with installing and upgrading firmware with DJI other products, but never seen these before.
Can you guys please explain?????
DJI_1_JPG.jpg
DJI_2_JPG.jpg
2016-9-26
Use props
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Natalia and nigelbrinkmann,

Suddenly from  DJI Go App bounce out a message ask me to give the S/N, but before I get the S/N,
it bounce up another message said it had activated the connection.
Very strange indeed, it is  a miracle.
But the Osmo+ app is working now.
Thanks for your kind concern.
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

wto6071@bigpond Posted at 2016-9-27 13:53
Natalia and nigelbrinkmann,

Suddenly from  DJI Go App bounce out a message ask me to give the S/N,  ...

Great to hear that you made it finally. it needs to be activated firstly and then get it work. Please read the manual and watch some videos on our website for preparing:
http://www.dji.com/osmo-plus/info#downloads
2016-9-26
Use props
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Natalia, thanks for solving the above problem.
But it comes another problem:-

I use my LG G3 on the Osmo+, and now its working fine, with no problem.
But recently, I bought a Samsung S7 Edge, minutes ago, I tried to use the Osmo+  on the Samsung.
DJI Go App ask me to activate it, (with the same account as my LG G3), this time, from the Samsung screen, it goes on and on activating, after 4 minutes, it still activating.
So I turn the Go App and the Osmo+ off.
Can you advise??Thanks

Samsung S7 keep on activating

Samsung S7 keep on activating
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

wto6071@bigpond Posted at 2016-9-27 14:39
Hi Natalia, thanks for solving the above problem.
But it comes another problem:-

Hello sir, since you have activated it on your LG phone, and it works fine, which means everything is fine.
For Samsung S7 Edge, maybe the system is not compatible with APP. You could delete APP and re-install to check the result. Or you could use another ISO device to have a test.
2016-9-26
Use props
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Natalia,
When I tested the Osmo+, with the LG G3, the screen showed a unbelievable metering result.
I am using AUTO, from the (2) photos you can notice at nearly sunset lighting, the shutter is 3200, which is unacceptable.
I had Osmo, Osmo Mobile and X5 camera. I can say I well experience with the metering.
Do you think there is something wrong with the unit?????
Thanks
2.JPG
3.JPG
2016-9-26
Use props
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-27 17:10
Hello sir, since you have activated it on your LG phone, and it works fine, which means everything ...

Yes, you are right. I deleted the DJI Go App and re-install it again, now it works fine on Samsung S7 Edge.
Thanks for the help.
2016-9-26
Use props
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

But I am still experimenting the metering on the Osmo+, since its getting dark. I will test it to-morrow.
I will let you know the result.
Thanks
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

wto6071@bigpond Posted at 2016-9-27 15:52
But I am still experimenting the metering on the Osmo+, since its getting dark. I will test it to-mo ...

OK, it's fine, it's better to test it with DJI recommended mobile device:
iOS Version v2.9.2.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

Android Version v2.9.1.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-9-27
Use props
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks for the information, .

Regards
2016-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now