Issue with connecting to satellites
996 3 2015-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
william.d.fauch
lvl.1
Canada

So I just bought my new Phantom 2 on Thursday, got my firmware updated and everything. Everything is calibrated (IMU, Compass, etc).
Only problem is that I am not able to connect to the satellites. I've tried indoors, outdoors in the open, tried the magnet and compass trick, still no luck.
I changed it to the NAZA-M mode, and I get one green flash, 3 red flashes, which indicates there are less than 5 satellites connected.

I've popped open the top shell to see if the wire was properly connected, everything is A-OK.

Anyone know what the issue could be?
2015-1-31
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

How many satellites does the DJI Vision app say you're connected to?
2015-1-31
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Since you didn't mention that it's a vision, I'm assuming it'n not. Trying indoors is a waste of time and the compass has nothong to do with the GPS either. I would think it's a faulty GPS unit or a broken GPS antenna. If you've got FPV and a OSD installed, you could see the actual satelite count. Hope you get it fixed, it would be unsafe flying without.
2015-1-31
Use props
william.d.fauch
lvl.1
Canada

Yeah it's not a Vision. Just your usual Phantom 2 with H3-3D. Is there any way to know for sure the GPS unit is faulty? Perhaps another way to see how many satellites are connected?
2015-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules