Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go - Recording with Mobile (laggy/jerky)
2193 7 2016-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tzpqYkeitQVy
lvl.1

Australia

Hi all, recevied the Osmo Mobile, and have the latest DJI GO app installed on my 128GB Galaxy S6. The mobile connects fine to the phone, and I can start/stop recordings and the gimbal works fine. The GO APP has crashed a few times, but generally works OK.

However, when I initiate a recording inside the GO APP, and go for a walk with the phone in the gimbal, there are noticable delays and glitches in the recorded video. It is noticably dropping frames. The phone has been recently rebooted and there is plenty of space on the phone. Resolution is set to 1080P, but I have seen the issue with 720p as well.

Does anyone else have strange dropped frames when recording video using the DJI GP app? It is not smooth and very annoying.

Thank you.
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello sir, would you please clarify system version of your Galaxy S6? and did you have it rooted? then please upload an video for us, thanks.Please refer to this video during your movement:

2016-9-27
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, does it happen with your stock camera app? Thank you.
2016-9-28
Use props
tzpqYkeitQVy
lvl.1

Australia

I just tested the osmo mobile without tethering it to the DJI GO app (not even running). I used the STOCK Samsung camera app, and what's more, I had the resolution set to 4K, like I usually do. I recorded a 1+ minute 4K video and it was absolutely rock-solid. The phone is not the problem. I took the Osmo out today, using the DJI GO app, and at a resolution that is 1/4 of the native 4K Samsung camera (1080p) there was terrible dropped frames every 5-10 seconds. I am now convinced it is the app, and not the camera or phone. If the stock Samsung camera can record rock solid video for 1+ minute, at 4K perfectly (no dropped frames), but the video is terrible and laggy at a mere 1080p using the DJI GO app, something is very definitely wrong with the app.

Just in case it isn't clear - the S6 doesn't have an external memory slot, it is recording only to inbuilt phone memory (fast memory) so it is not a storage medium issue either.

I think the gimbal is reasonable, but I think the GO app really needs some work (and why on earth can't I have 4K in the DJI GO app? 480p is an option - but not 4K - seriously?!)
2016-9-30
Use props
tzpqYkeitQVy
lvl.1

Australia

This shows the issue perfectly. Different phone, but same result.

Given the app is required for the important features like tracking etc, this must be fixed ASAP. It is clearly a problem with the GO app. Adding 4K for many types of phones (Android) is also a big must.
2016-10-2
Use props
plegilink
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78842 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tzpqYkeitQVy Posted at 2016-10-2 15:46
This shows the issue perfectly. Different phone, but same result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A ...

Yeah I have noticed the same thing. It seems the DJI Go app has issues with 4K encoding!
2016-10-2
Use props
cho7
lvl.2
France

Hi,

same problem here. I have small lag every second or so on video feedback when moving camera, but also on resulting video files.

It happens on 4K video, but same thing happens in 1080. No problem with the default camera app of my Galaxy S7 edge (in 1080, but also in 4K...)

Since this thread has been posted on October, I'm a little bit afraid.
2017-1-5
Use props
djiuser_P50S63C9fShJ
New

United Kingdom

Hi I've got the Osmo mobile 2 and I am experiencing the same problem.

I am using android on a LG G6 and the default camera app is recording fine.

The DJI app keeps dropping frames and is jerky.

Has anyone fixed the issue?
2018-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules