Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A happy DJI customer service story.
1035 11 2016-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

Yes you read that right, I have a positive story I'd like to share about DJI customer service.

So I had this issue with extreme vibration with my X5 gimbal. Here's the thread I made when way back when... Click

I NEEDED this fixed before I went away on a trip/job to Europe and I expressed my concern to DJI. I was leaving from Australia in 3 weeks!

DJI organised a courier to come pick up my inspire PRO kit, organised for it to get inspected/repaired in Australia rather than China, found out what part was causing the problem, told me that the part I needed had to come from China BUT since I was pressed for time they would replace my gimbal instead. Then they sent it back via an express courier. The turn-around time was less than 2 weeks, which is a feat considering I live on one side of Australia and the repair was on the other! All up it only cost me a few bitten fingernails.

I went on my trip, the inspire and the X5 performed brilliantly and I could not have been happier with how DJI handled it.

Well done.

2016-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm so happy to hear that. And we will keep improving our service support.
Thanks for your support.
2016-9-27
Use props
arbtown
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1166296 ft

How did you go travelling with the Inspire 1 - any airport issues?  What type of case did you use?
2016-9-27
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Australia

arbtown Posted at 2016-9-27 18:44
How did you go travelling with the Inspire 1 - any airport issues?  What type of case did you use?

I'm glad you asked! I racked my brains long and hard on how to travel with the Inspire 1.

I didn't want to buy an expensive hard-case and I didn't want to check in 2 items of luggage. So I ended up buying a large hard-shell suitcase which I lined the bottom with my clothes, stuck the stock DJI case on top and threw some clothes on top of that to cocoon it. I figured this would be a less conspicuous way travel with expensive gear and just as protected as a hard case. With more than enough clothes and a less than generous weight allowance I was still just under!

I took all my Lipo batteries carry on (this is the law) and didn't have any issues with airport security at all. I went through Bangkok, Frankfurt, Budapest, Split, Singapore and Perth airports without so much as a raised eyebrow.
2016-9-27
Use props
arbtown
lvl.1

Thanks for that - might give the USA a go - if it goes well will try Europe in 2017  
The batteries were my biggest concern - I have a HRPC hard case for the drone that should survive the trip providing no light fingers in security
2016-9-27
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Australia

arbtown Posted at 2016-9-27 19:42
Thanks for that - might give the USA a go - if it goes well will try Europe in 2017  
The batteries  ...

If you take all your batteries carry-on you shouldn't have a problem. Just take them out of your bag before you go through the x-ray. You can take a maximum of 2 TB48's and as many TB47's as you want.

I know a few people on forums have said that you can have one battery in the bird checked in. I assure you this is NOT the case!

I also had a screen grab of the lipos & air travel rules on my phone just in case security felt like being difficult.
2016-9-27
Use props
arbtown
lvl.1

Thanks for that - Yep did read about somebody checking their Inspire 1 with battery installed - hope I am never on a plane with somebody who puts a battery into checked baggage.
2016-9-27
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Great to hear happy stories Mr. S. Are the fingernails recovering ok?

Mark G.
2016-9-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Thank you for the positive feedback, it's really appreciated. Great to hear you were able to enjoy your aircraft in so many locations.
2016-9-27
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

I too am glad to hear a positive report. There are plenty of sour stories out there... not enough positive ones.
I had a good result in my one instance in dealing with DJI on a swelling battery.
Can't complain about $0.00 cost warranty replacement, even if it took a little time.

They also have to protect themselves from unscrupulous freeloaders and scammers. (Yea, they're out there!!)
2016-9-27
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice to hear another happy service experience.  I had a great service experience with my Inspire as well.

thanks for sharing

Rich
2016-9-27
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Australia

markaguille Posted at 2016-9-28 02:54
Great to hear happy stories Mr. S. Are the fingernails recovering ok?

Mark G.

Ha! Not really, I always find a reason to bite them
2016-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules