737 1 2016-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m.powley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1535 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am working through the learning and experiment curve using my Osmo Mobile so any suggestions or comments will be infrequent and slow. I must also apologise in advance if I don't use the correct terminology.

My initial thoughts in addition to some others have already mentioned in the forums:

FEATURE: Sometimes I think full control of the acceleration and speed for the joystick might help, then I don't have to rely on my thumb during one chance "glide" shots

FEATURE: It would be great if I could configure dynamic "creative shortcuts" made up of one or many actions e.g. pan from position A to position B and at the same time change focus from background to foreground

FEATURE: I would like the motion configuration option for a time-lapse available for standard shots too

FEATURE: I think it would also be useful to have e.g. Siri integration to fire a specific "creative shortcut" or simply to start and stop a shot

FEATURE: If you want to use Active Track on the front camera to track yourself maybe a time single photo could be used to configure the target "actor" (you) before starting the actual shot?
FEATURE: Ability to use another device as a remote for some actions, possibly touch camera panning control.

I would be interested to hear any thoughts people have on these points too

That's all for now.
2016-9-27
Use props
nigtay
lvl.1
Australia

Several of these features on on my wish list too. Good too see I am not alone !

At risk of repetition:

Motion timelapse - I would find a 'smooth path' option very useful to soften the 'corners' of the motion timelapse path. I can imagine putting in a start point at low left, a mid point high in the middle, and end point low right, and then enabling 'smooth path' so that the path would not be two linear to the mid and end point, but rather a nice curve

Motion timelapse - A 'delay start' option would be useful. A selectable number of seconds ideally.

Joystick control - I find the motion a bit fast when the joystick is used. It would nice to have some speed configurability here. Perhaps with some acceleration smoothing at the start and end to avoid harsh starts and stops   

Remote control from another device - Oh please please. Being able to mount the Osmo Mobile on a tripod then sit down and drive it from a remote tablet would be wonderful (for both gimbal and camera control). See the impressive Filmic Pro and Filmic Remote apps for inspiration.   

Original footage bulk download - And lasty, some method for bulk transfer of 'original footage' videos or images to the camera roll in the DJI Go app. I'm questioning my sanity that i cannot find that there.

(I'm using an Iphone, if that helps with context. I'm not sure if things are different on other platforms)

Ok, stepping off the soapbox (for now)....

2016-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules