Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lens cap for Osmo+
12Next >
11266 47 2016-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mervynys
lvl.1

Singapore

I have been a happy user of the original DJI Osmo and recently decided to upgrade to Osmo+ withe the new features.

I am surprised that the Osmo+ does not come with a lens cap to protect the lens.

Careful users like me would like to protect our osmos, especially the lens.

Not sure whether this is a mis-sight from DJI or what.

Hope DJI can provide us with an appropriate lens cap.
2016-9-27
Use props
vdeomkr70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38504 ft
United States

Very curious indeed. Just received the unit today and thought it was a mistake.
2016-9-29
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 390863 ft
  • >>>
Canada

vdeomkr70 Posted at 2016-9-30 03:56
Very curious indeed. Just received the unit today and thought it was a mistake.

Same, until I looked at what should be included in the box. It cant be worth more than 50 cents why would they not include one with the OSMO+ like they did with the original OSMO.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, we noticed this issue. Thank you.
2016-9-29
Use props
MAXFOTOS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55689 ft
Spain

Same here, just bought an OSMO+ and discover a lack of lenscap.
2016-11-11
Use props
Vertical.Creati
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-30 01:40

so if this is a recognized issue, how do those of us who purchased the osmo+ acquire a lens cap?
2016-11-11
Use props
noflyzone69
Second Officer
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>

Scream real LOUD TO DJI!  Tell them how cheap it is of them to do us this way and make them send each of us a freaking rubber cap~   ITS really sad!
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

noflyzone69 Posted at 2016-11-12 09:04
Scream real LOUD TO DJI!  Tell them how cheap it is of them to do us this way and make them send eac ...

There won't be one, since it's not essential to the functioning or performance of Osmo+
2016-11-11
Use props
Skint
lvl.2
New Zealand

Odd that it comes with a plastic rosette cover. Would rather have the lens cap than rosette cover.
2016-11-11
Use props
wysiwyg
lvl.1

Malaysia

This is ridiculous.
And to say it isn't essential to the function or performance is just plain condescending and arrogant. If the lens ends up scratched or broken I would say the function and performance would certainly be marred. This is after all a camera that's supposed to be used when you're up and about. In any case, then why did the original Osmo have a lens cap?

I hope there will be third party ones in the near future (which we will unfortunately have to dish out more money for). In the meantime, can anyone confirm if the Osmo lens cap will fit the Osmo+?

2016-11-12
Use props
noflyzone69
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-12 10:19
There won't be one, since it's not essential to the functioning or performance of Osmo+

SO SAD SO SAD !  who ever is running dji is running it into the ground a bad crash DJI !  U SUCK!
2016-11-13
Use props
mboh
New

Australia

They don't provide lens cap because they hope their customers will scratch or damage the lens and then will have to repair, replace, or get a new unit altogether. More revenue and more profit for them.
2016-11-13
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-11 21:19

DJI-THOR!!!!   I don't mean to keep coming after you for your posts in these forums, but once again you have said something that I completely do not agree with... and I mean I COMPLETELY do not agree.

A lens cap is not expensive to manufacture... but what it does is PROTECT something that is expensive and delicate.

2016-11-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-11-19 23:56
DJI-THOR!!!!   I don't mean to keep coming after you for your posts in these forums, but once again ...

Yes, I agree, a lens cap is something a customer would normally expect.  What I meant previously was that from the company's point of view, I see little chance that one will be given to you. Probably a cap will be added later, like Osmo added an external flex mic, probably not.

2016-11-20
Use props
Bartone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53458 ft
United States

I can't think of a camera company - in history - that's sold a camera or lens without a lens cap. Ever. DJI is the first at this innovation.
2016-11-21
Use props
gtpinoy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113720 ft
United States

Sounds like DJI won't be helping us out with this one.  Do any of you know whether or not the 3rd Party lens caps for the Original DJI Osmo will fit the DJI Osmo+?
2016-11-21
Use props
wysiwyg
lvl.1

Malaysia

I'd like to believe DJI-Thor's responses in this and other threads, are the result of language/translation differences due to nuances being lost/mis-interpreted. I cannot believe anyone working in the area of customer service/support being as repugnant as this. DJI management, if you are listening at all, your customer service staff who appear on your own forum here, need some work.
2016-11-22
Use props
Dalby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54888 ft
Denmark

wysiwyg Posted at 2016-11-22 14:41
I'd like to believe DJI-Thor's responses in this and other threads, are the result of language/trans ...

I agree!

The responses in this thread doesn't make sense.
2016-11-22
Use props
Skint
lvl.2
New Zealand

The official line from DJI in regards to the Mic was that is was a 10 year anniversary gift, they did not want to admit there was a fault with the Osmo mic. I would say the same thing here will apply, they will not want to admit any error and there will be no lens cover.
Given it's the same camera is there a lens cover with the Zenmuse Z3 for the Inspire?   
2016-11-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

wysiwyg Posted at 2016-11-22 21:41
I'd like to believe DJI-Thor's responses in this and other threads, are the result of language/trans ...

I'm very sorry about the negative perception I caused. I submitted the issue several times, because I would want a lens cap too if I were a customer. I can do robotic response like "Thank you for your feedback and we'll consider your proposal, etc." But I just want to be honest and tell you that I see little chance that a lens cap would be added according to my previous experience.
2016-11-22
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

Just took delivery of a Osmo + and was look all over for a lens cap.

Don't know whats the alternative that can sits on top of the filter?
2016-11-23
Use props
Dalby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54888 ft
Denmark

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-23 07:34
I'm very sorry about the negative perception I caused. I submitted the issue several times, because ...

I think it's an issue of maybe language/translation more than anything(is this the case??). I understand that you mean good, but sometimes your answers can be very short handed and not very empathetic. To some people that might come off as arrogant or as if you don't care.

So basically because some of your replies lacks understanding and acknowledgment of the users issues, it can come across as negative.

Hope you understand what I mean.
2016-11-23
Use props
wysiwyg
lvl.1

Malaysia

For what it's worth, I really do appreciate you stepping forward to apologize and explain, DJI-Thor. Thumbs up is in order for you!

I'll take your word for it that you mean well but do understand that the way your responses are delivered reflect not just on you, but the company you represent. The very company that we the customers spent hard earned money on to buy your products. We, in effect, invest in DJI not just with our money. But also with our hopes and dreams of how these products will add value to the special moments in our lives we want to shoot. Help us love your brand and company please so that in future, whatever products you produce have already half won our hearts.

In the meantime though, if DJI is not going to provide lens caps, help us figure out how best to protect our investments when we're out and about using them. What would work as an alternative?
"Sorry we got no solution for you to the problem we created. Live with it." is really the last thing we need and want to hear.
2016-11-23
Use props
mikegil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32730 ft
United Kingdom

Will the original osmo lens cap fit the osmo + lens ?
Cheers
Mike
2016-11-23
Use props
wysiwyg
lvl.1

Malaysia

mikegil Posted at 2016-11-24 01:46
Will the original osmo lens cap fit the osmo + lens ?
Cheers
Mike

Yes I'd really like to know this too. What about generic third party Osmo lens caps? Will they fit?
2016-11-23
Use props
noflyzone69
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hey Guys Here this will work just heat it up over a stove  not too much and works like a charm ! and its FREE !  DJI you owe me one!

2016-11-24
Use props
Glenn T.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113720 ft
United States

Surprised no one has really confirmed whether or not the Osmo Cap fits or if there are any third party lens covers out there for the Osmo+.  
2016-12-14
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I found this one on Amazon, cheap and cheerful from China. Cap fits my Osmo+ well, lenshood less so.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 5_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2016-12-14
Use props
fans685faf2f
New

United States

i'll add my frustration, with my unit arriving today and a 10 min tech support chat advising i purchase the unit on their website that actually only fits osmo and not +..... really pathetic, maybe the company is one that believes customers like being frustrated and thereby appreciate the product more... the nickel and diming for the stand and Tripod in 2 pieces is one thing, but i have never purchased a camera in my 40+ years that did not come with a lense cap #getittogether dji could rule the market if they just step up, the apple like packaging is unfortunately not matched in the cust service area....will standby for logic to come at some point, hopefully.  the ones made for osmo will kind of fit, but obviously the + ring is signifigantly larger, its a stretch
2017-3-20
Use props
LennyLevy
lvl.2
United States

Really the lens cap issue is minor compared to the abysmal lack of a decent manual explaining how the focusing mechanism works. BTW - That lens cap says they aren't delivering to the US only UK.
2017-3-20
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

LennyLevy Posted at 2017-3-20 10:20
Really the lens cap issue is minor compared to the abysmal lack of a decent manual explaining how the focusing mechanism works. BTW - That lens cap says they aren't delivering to the US only UK.

https://www.amazon.com/Hobby-Sig ... tector+for+DJI+osmo
2017-3-20
Use props
Black
New
Portugal

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-29 22:40

I have same problem at least 6 months
2017-4-30
Use props
Van_Riper_Mktg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8930 ft
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-20 22:15
Yes, I agree, a lens cap is something a customer would normally expect.  What I meant previously was that from the company's point of view, I see little chance that one will be given to you. Probably a cap will be added later, like Osmo added an external flex mic, probably not.

Well, thank God they saw fit to shrink-wrap every fitting and cable in the kit. Now that's important! Wait, wait, and the pile of desicants I have on my desk.. those are much more critical than protecting a lens. At least I have something to eat should DJI customer support not improve.
2017-5-6
Use props
bzb
New
Canada

Same here. Pretty cheap from DJI. And in complete contradiction with their brand. Shame on you.
2017-5-8
Use props
bzb
New
Canada

What about a lens hood???
2017-5-8
Use props
OSMOPETE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35118 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I just ordered an OSMO+ so now I'll have 3 of them (a standard X3 and the Mobile retrofitted to fly a 4K Sony Action Cam). I'm glad to hear there's no lens cap with the + so I won't have to give the seller grief about it when it arrives next week.

So you might ask why I have 3 x OSMO gimbals? The image quality from them is amazing and the stabilisatrion works beautifully, however they're just not reliable in the field and as a professional I need to have backups for when these fail to boot up.

Now if you guys wait about a week for mine to arrive, I'll tell you all whether or not the standard OSMO lens cap fits the OSMO + version :p
2017-5-8
Use props
OSMOPETE
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Ok so I received my new OSMO X3+ today and wish to confirm that the OSMO X3 original lens cap is actually slightly smaller than the X3+ front end so even though you can force it on it will slip off with any movement. Furthermore, the front of the OSMO X3+ is angled and is missing the lip at the base that the X3 has so any regular lens cap even if it is the correct diameter will just slip straight off. Hence why you will never see a lens cap for this model, ever!
You've outdone yourselves DJI, congratulations!!

2017-5-10
Use props
OSMOPETE
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Ok so I received my new OSMO X3+ today and wish to confirm that the OSMO X3 original lens cap is actually slightly smaller than the X3+ front end so even though you can force it on it will slip off with any movement. Furthermore, the front of the OSMO X3+ is angled and is missing the lip at the base that the X3 has so any regular lens cap even if it is the correct diameter will just slip straight off. Hence why you will never see a lens cap for this model, ever!
You've outdone yourselves DJI, congratulations!!
Osmos-01.jpg    Osmos-02.jpg

2017-5-10
Use props
BayleeBarrier
New
United States

I ordered a set of 3rd party lens filters for mine and they came with a lens cap that works plus I have several different filters to choose from. This might be an option for you guys to consider, it was definitely worth the money.
2017-5-10
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-29 22:40

will you also take action like this free microphone you offered after iss was clear that the internal m
icrophone of the OSMO was of no use...
2017-5-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules