Introducing DJI's brand new drone, the Mavic Pro!
123456789Next >
56738 322 2016-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi everyone,

We’re proud to announce the launch of our brand new product, the Mavic Pro, in New York today.

A portable, powerful and easy-to-use drone featuring DJI’s most innovative flight technology in a sleek, foldable package that enables creative fun wherever you go.

Here are 8 of the Mavic Pro’s great new features:

1.  New Transmission Technology

OcuSync is an all new DJI designed long-range transmission technology capable of achieving up to a 4.1mi (7km)* transmission range. Live video from the camera can display on your mobile device at 720p (long range) or Full HD 1080p (short range).

1.jpg

2. FlightAutonomy Technology

FlightAutonomy can position, navigate, and plan routes for the Mavic Pro, enabling it to avoid obstacles in various environments, with or without the help of GPS. It means the Mavic is able to automatically land almost exactly where you take off.
2.jpg

3. Longer Flight Time

The Mavic’s maximum flight time is 27 minutes.* In regular use, you can expect flight times of approximately 21 minutes.
3.jpg

4. ActiveTrack

The Mavic has been trained to detect and recognize a number of common subjects, including people, bike riders, vehicles and even animals. Once you have marked your subject, you can fly around them to capture a huge variety of shots, depending which mode you are in.
4.jpg

5. Taking a Selfie in Gesture Mode

All you need to do is put the Mavic in Gesture Mode and walk in front of it. With the Mavic in the air pointing at you, a gesture is all it takes to take a photo.
   5.jpg

6. Fly with Your Phone

Not only does the Mavic support flying on your phone with Virtual Joysticks, but you also have full access to all of its Intelligent Flight Modes — TapFly, Trace, Spotlight, Profile and Circle.
6.jpg

7. DJI Goggles

Specially designed for aerial first-person view (FPV) applications, the new DJI Goggles allow you to flick between third-person view and FPV in under a second.
7.jpg

8. DJI Care Refresh

DJI Care Refresh covers accidental damage to the Mavic Pro aircraft, gimbal or camera during normal use for up to 12 months. For an additional charge, DJI Care Refresh offers up to two full replacements that will be either new or brand new in terms of performance and reliability.

Excited? Click here to order your own Mavic Pro now!

2016-9-27
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/mavic-pro-shipping-update

Dear Customers,
DJI is pleased to let you know we’ve begun shipping the Mavic Pro starting today.
As we told you earlier this week, demand is heavy, and we are working round the clock to get the Mavic Pro in your hands. Please check online for updates on your order status.
We thank you for showing such enthusiasm for our technology and look forward to having you flying as soon as possible.
Sincerely,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication
DJI
2016-10-21
Use props
chirowolf
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Will this have HDMI out support like the Phantom to use with external displays or FatShark goggles?
2016-9-27
Use props
rudyraymundo
lvl.1

United States

What would be estimated delivery date to New Jersey, USA if ordered direct from DJI Store?  When will Apple retail stores receive them in the US?
2016-9-27
Use props
curtb6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 478865 ft
United States

I noticed it has no legs under either of the two rear two motors... Does it just rest on the front two legs and the bottom of the body right on top of the sensors?
2016-9-27
Use props
antoine
lvl.1
Canada

chirowolf Posted at 2016-9-27 16:29
Will this have HDMI out support like the Phantom to use with external displays or FatShark goggles?

I chat with someone at DJI and there is no HDMI connexion for the moment. But there is a USB plug for externals display like IPads!
2016-9-27
Use props
stang7tl
lvl.1

United States

IS THE CAMERA CONTROLLABLE ??? LIKE THE PHANTOM 3 AND 4
2016-9-27
Use props
phillip.colwell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 354544 ft
Australia

antoine@broquet Posted at 2016-9-28 13:27
I chat with someone at DJI and there is no HDMI connexion for the moment. But there is a USB plug f ...

Where/how are you going to mount the tablet?
Only being able to use a phone is a deal breaker for me
2016-9-27
Use props
awake1563
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21024 ft
United States

Would love to see an extended battery option as well, seems pretty easy to stack a few more cells on top?  
2016-9-27
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

Another interesting thing, how is the plastic parts? And above that, what are the thinking?
The remote controller is built in a strange way, screen / phone or whatever, underneath joysticks? How good is that really, two hands cover the screen so you can’t see, ehh?

The drone itself was looking really interesting.
2016-9-27
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

We are eagerly awaiting answers to these questions Dji.  I love the look of the Mavic,  but I definitely would prefer to use a regular r/c.  Love the long range and other flight features.  Does it have any kind of auxiliary port for external accessories like lights or whatever?  Oh yeah,  and how much does it cost?  
Probably these questions are answered elsewhere,  but I just wanted to chime in.
I'm glad I opted out on the P4 now.  Really glad.
2016-9-27
Use props
johanjonker
New
South Africa

Since the default radio is Mode 2 remote, will there be a Mode 1 version also available..
If not will there be aftermarket hack or mod available to change the mode 2 remote to mode 1.. or as an alternative will hi-end remote ( that support mode 1 and 2 ) be able to connect to the Mavic

for the Phantoms there is a wiki on DJI site about changeing there remotes from mode2 to mode1..
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... _of_the_Transmitter
2016-9-27
Use props
visionrouge.net
lvl.4
Hong Kong

It's very nice backup drone setup and quite interesting move to get something so easy to carry.

BUT,

As we have seen in every DJI product, there are months between the release of the product and the time you can use it safely.
As example, the Z3 head for inspire is so not ready to be implemented and have less control than the X3.

DJI Have nice ideas but use their first buyer as beta tester as always.

Wait wait wait and buy later

By this time, maybe flight time, speed and other cool feature may not be so true as it happen with the Inspire where today's app clearly limit the power you can actually use.

2016-9-28
Use props
alexassenmacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 216430 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I can only see a few improvements really:
- the "getting ready" process in less than what, 5 seconds? My p3p takes at least a minute.
- I take a towel with a figure or an H for example, take the drone off, I go surfing and after 27 min the drone lands on that towel safely.
However the things I can't really see that have improved:
- camera (I'm pretty much doing cinematic videos only) I know they say the sensor is supposed to be the same, but images I've seen just don't get to the p4 or p3p level.
- that speed and those propellers, can't stop thinking about how often they'll get into my footage.
I'll be looking at Mavic if there are more things I haven't seen. Although targetting people such as instagrammers (mostly girls) to carry their drones in their purse and just taking it out and filming, plus a price of 1200€, hm.
2016-9-28
Use props
The Berg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 420814 ft
China

Nice new product. Too bad you don't offer an upgrade of the MAVIC Smart software features to the Phantom4.

Dear DJI please improve your product plattform planning and make better software upgrades possible to buyers of the far more Premium P4 otherwise you really alienate your support base.
I'm really pissed about the product support of DJI.
2016-9-28
Use props
db050800
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2204462 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So, ordered mine, is it October 18th yet??? I was worried the price would be stupid, when i saw how basic the Gopro Karma was and the price it was. But wow! Well done DJI.
http://click.dji.com/APMRPfDGtdi ... s=0005&ch=Mavic
2016-9-28
Use props
脚踏七彩云
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2104295 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Cool very much like
2016-9-28
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Its the Idiots drone unfortunately so cheap and uncomplicated that typical no drone families may order it. Its the people who cause you to see 5 idiots with drones on a mountain and make it unable for a serious drone to fly. You just can hold a camera on the ground and catch when they crash together.

"It will avoid obstacles even if you cannot see it" DJI promotes it. No one will see this small crap in the far! Can it also avoid collissions with other drones itself?
2016-9-28
Use props
toddyplex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452267 ft
Australia

Very nice DJI. I like it.
I believe it matches or outperforms the P3 and 4 in all important criteria.
The camera sensor seems the same resolution, gimbal has the same pitch range.
Flight time, aircraft speed, range of video transmission, and flight range are superior for Mavic (and much better than Gopro Karma)
Portability is insane for its performance.
Redundant sensors. Tick.
The only negative I see if the 78.8 degree lens FOV on the Mavic vs the Phantom s 94 degree FOV.
DJI care refresh. Wow. Brave and you must have confidence in low crash rates. Nice to see.
Very well done DJI. I think you've kicked the Karma into the weeds.

I am left wondering 2 things.
1. What advantages does the P4 have over the Mavic?
2. Why is Australian pricing so high relative to USA pricing. Our sales tax here is 10%. Not 31%. After tax equivalent pricing here would be AUD $1430. Not $1700.

Thanks DJI.
2016-9-28
Use props
razorseal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121801 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lots of haters here. I'm not seeing any reason to get a p4 over this. At first I was thinking keeping my P3A and buying the mavic, but it really outdoes my p3 in every way. Only thing I would think a p3 or p4 would have is wider fov and better wind holding.

I'm pretty excited about this. I've been wanting a parrot because I wanted a small drone that could be controlled via phone for quick aerial flights whenever needed. I'm glad I passed on it. Will be getting this. I'd wait so they can work bugs out, but I'm too excited to wait lol.  
2016-9-28
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Belgium

Can the goggles be bought separately?

2016-9-28
Use props
sambarnes90
lvl.4
United Kingdom

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2016-9-28 13:37

Not that I can see based on this pricing structure.

Presumably there isn't different rules for the UK vs USA?

They have most of the accessories listed but no goggles.
2016-9-28
Use props
vadafallon
lvl.1

United States

toddyplex Posted at 2016-9-28 08:23
I believe it matches or outperforms the P3 and 4 in all important criteri ...

The camera is actually slightly worse, but not by much. Same sensor but the resolution is just a weeee bit less. I think it will be fine and the features etc. more than make up for it.
2016-9-28
Use props
vadafallon
lvl.1

United States

razorseal@gmail Posted at 2016-9-28 08:34
Lots of haters here. I'm not seeing any reason to get a p4 over this. At first I was thinking keepin ...

I was reading and comparing earlier, the p3 camera is still just a weeee bit better on resolution. Other than that, i can see no reason not to get this one.
2016-9-28
Use props
vadafallon
lvl.1

United States

I would like to see some pics and video taken with it at full rez. The specs say this camera is only slighty worse than the one on the P3, very slightly. I hope there is no noticeable difference, that would ruin this.
2016-9-28
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

razorseal@gmail Posted at 2016-9-28 14:34
Lots of haters here. I'm not seeing any reason to get a p4 over this. At first I was thinking keepin ...

Well if you're not seeing any reason to get a P4 over this, you probably didn't notice the image quality is by far worse the the P4 or even the P3.
There :
There :
Or there :

I was ready to pre-order on the Apple Online Store until I saw these vids. IQ is horrible.
2016-9-28
Use props
stymo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 499160 ft
United States

I noticed the RC had a lightning plug for an IPhone built into the holder. Will that plug get in the way to use a Samsung Galaxy?? I have made the purchase already and don't want to have to change phones just to fly a drone.
2016-9-28
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

visionrouge.net Posted at 2016-9-28 01:01
It's very nice backup drone setup and quite interesting move to get something so easy to carry.

BUT ...

You Nailed it!
2016-9-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2016-9-28 13:37

I'm sure the goggles are only sold separate as they are not included in the 2 options of Mavic being sold in Europe or US I actually don't think these are on sale yet.
2016-9-28
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

as I said Idiots drone you will hate it when you want to make a serious video with your Inspire and some Idiots will fool around with this toy - its like some idiot with a smartphone jumping in front fo your real camera to make a picture and thinks he is a photographer.
2016-9-28
Use props
brendanpbyrne
New

United States

I joked that the day after I order the Phantom 4, the 5 will come out.  My Phantom 4 is shipping right now.  I am interested in a comparison.  What would I be giving up if I bought a Mavic instead of a Phantom 4.  

What should I do, return the 4 and buy the Mavic?
2016-9-28
Use props
arnauddiver
New

Hi guys,
Just saw the new DJI MAVIC Drone and I have few questions about it :

1st one : Someone know the details lens specifications? (aperture, shutter spped, ISO...)

2nd one : It is possible to program the MAVIC via Ground Control PC software ? Waypoints, actions to take...

Thanks ;)

PS : Very nice piece of tech this drone, good job DJI guys ;)
2016-9-28
Use props
TheMethod
lvl.1

United States

Ulysse Posted at 2016-9-28 10:02
Well if you're not seeing any reason to get a P4 over this, you probably didn't notice the image q ...

Looks pretty good to me. I've seen some videos by Caisey Neistat and DigitalrevTV where the P4 IQ looked bad as well (probably mostly due to Youtube compression). I really wish these drones would save in ProRes at higher bitrates though.
2016-9-28
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

TheMethod Posted at 2016-9-28 20:09
Looks pretty good to me. I've seen some videos by Caisey Neistat and DigitalrevTV where the P4 IQ ...

DigitalRev YouTube video shows mavic and P4 side by side so YouTube compression is not the problem.
2016-9-28
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

DigitalRev YouTube video shows mavic and P4 side by side so YouTube compression is not the problem.
2016-9-28
Use props
TheMethod
lvl.1

United States

Ulysse Posted at 2016-9-28 14:35
DigitalRev YouTube video shows mavic and P4 side by side so YouTube compression is not the problem ...

I preferred the mavic image in the video and better yet no propellers in the shot like in the P4.
2016-9-28
Use props
Kwaka Pants
lvl.2

Well I think it looks brilliant.
Not a phantom 3 / 4 replacement.
Does the same things and more, but the quality won't be as good for the professionals out there.
If you need the best, you already know you should be using an inspire or upwards.
If portability is key, and with the ability to follow AND adjust height, for me, it's ideal.
I got into drones to film bikes while out riding mine. The P3 is carryable on a bike, but only with a huge case.
And I'm no irresponsible fool, I fly safely, and rarely if there's anyone around at all.
This is the sort of thing I was waiting for.

Looks great!
2016-9-28
Use props
mikelt006
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336880 ft
United States

Looks like the world coming to times when each person has his own drone, kind of scary.
2016-9-28
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 397 ft
Australia

toddyplex Posted at 2016-9-28 20:23
I believe it matches or outperforms the P3 and 4 in all important criteri ...

We aussies are always being ripped off, BUT we are the lucky country.
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

mikelt006@gmail Posted at 2016-9-29 06:15
Looks like the world coming to times when each person has his own drone, kind of scary.

You can think of this way, more people have drones also means that the political power of drone owners will be stronger
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

arnauddiver@gma Posted at 2016-9-29 01:04
Hi guys,
Just saw the new DJI MAVIC Drone and I have few questions about it :

About the 2nd, not now, but I'm certain that apps, if not DJI Go, will support it later
2016-9-28
Use props
123456789Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules