Introducing DJI's brand new drone, the Mavic Pro!
56748 325 2016-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnJohnson
New

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-28 23:43
You can think of this way, more people have drones also means that the political power of drone own ...

It's actually the opposite. Now there's a large enough market for politicians the regulate the shit out of drones and charge people for licenses etc just to fly something like a mavic.
2016-9-28
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

Nice review here from Casey Neistat!
2016-9-28
Use props
Allen Lew
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3723291 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Just ordered from this link
Ok DJI Mavic Pro Bundle is here!!!
2016-9-29
Use props
simondobbins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204610 ft
United Kingdom

UK price is way higher than USA.. Overall its a great piece of kit if you take the time to watch all the videos it answers all the same questions being asked Over And OVER
2016-9-29
Use props
ecarpo
lvl.3

Hong Kong

simondobbins Posted at 2016-9-29 17:13
UK price is way higher than USA.. Overall its a great piece of kit if you take the time to watch all ...

So glad I'm not in the UK anymore. Just bought the pro bundle for £922 equivalent in Chinese RMB, £327 cheaper. Only half of that is VAT, no idea where the rest of it comes from.
2016-9-29
Use props
oLPFbmBVnT33
lvl.1
United States

I have a question about the DJI care plan?  Is it worth it ? This is my first drone I will be purchasing how reliable are these and do they crash often ?
2016-9-29
Use props
mikeLmedic04
lvl.2
Flight distance : 256519 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can anyone confirm if you can get a wireless 2nd display?
2016-9-29
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

mikeLmedic04 Posted at 2016-9-29 20:09
Can anyone confirm if you can get a wireless 2nd display?

Sure, just live stream it to Youtube
2016-9-29
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

stang7tl Posted at 2016-9-28 05:31
IS THE CAMERA CONTROLLABLE ??? LIKE THE PHANTOM 3 AND 4

waiting for the Manual to confirm but it looks like it.
2016-9-29
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Any information about why the Mavic that Casey Neistat received appears to be out of focus? Was this just a prototype issue?
2016-9-29
Use props
db050800
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2204462 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So, which one suits you Gopro Karma or the DJI MAVIC.......which one I ordered;-)
2016-9-29
Use props
x125057
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138376 ft
Netherlands

How does autofocus work?
2016-9-29
Use props
Vidushaka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 610397 ft
Australia

Lots of knockers on ere! Why stuck with an older inferior drone
2016-9-29
Use props
Vidushaka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 610397 ft
Australia

All the gear & no idea some people
2016-9-29
Use props
dobsonimages
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1606201 ft
United States

Was hoping to purchase this drone as a back up for my phantom 4 , cannot justify the purchase until they upgrade the camera to the quality of the phantom 4 camera.
Also would like to see dji make it so you can use an apple I pad pro with the drone.
2016-9-29
Use props
dobsonimages
lvl.2
United States

I have had major problems with the lack of good on line and telephone customer service when you send an item in for repair.
When you call the 818 us number it seems you are no longer talking to the repair center in Carson like I was able to do in May when I sent my drone in for repair the service people in Carson were wonderful to deal with.
Sent my Phantom 4 in for repair last week and when I call the 818 number and lucky enough to get through I am no longer talking directly to the repair center in Carson.
You are given an option on line to type in your case number which gives you poor up to the date details.
DJI needs to get there customer service department together I mean how hard would it be to send an email to the customer when the drone is received for repair a follow up e mail on the cost and breakdown of what is needed to repair the drone and then send an email when the drone is repaired and tested and information when the drone will be shipped. Upon shipping the customer should receive an email the order has shipped along with a tracking number.  REALLY CURRENTLY THE WORST ON LINE CUSTOMER REPAIR SERVICE OUT THEIR, PLEASE LET US TALK LIVE TO PEOPLE WHO RECEIVE , REPAIR , TEST AND SHIP THE DRONES WE SEND IN FOR REPAIR.
2016-9-29
Use props
dobsonimages
lvl.2
United States

oLPFbmBVnT33 Posted at 2016-9-29 23:55
I have a question about the DJI care plan?  Is it worth it ? This is my first drone I will be purcha ...

I have the dji care for my phantom 4 if you fly the drone a lot it is well worth the money. Please understand if you are in the US the 818 number will no longer get you in contact with a person in Carson CA but someone that cannot give you any up to date information about the status of your repair etc, they do a great job repairing the drones at the service center but the people that answer the 818 line through no fault of their own cannot give you real time information about your repair status because they are more than likely talking to you from China or another location other than the repair center. Really terrible that DJI puts so much time and money in bringing out new products and has such bad after sales customer repair information.
2016-9-29
Use props
dobsonimages
lvl.2
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-9-28 14:32
We are eagerly awaiting answers to these questions Dji.  I love the look of the Mavic,  but I defini ...

The phantom four while not as easy to pack around will give you better image results.
2016-9-29
Use props
dobsonimages
lvl.2
United States

The Berg Posted at 2016-9-28 16:30
Nice new product. Too bad you don't offer an upgrade of the MAVIC Smart software features to the Pha ...

I agree I have major issues the way corporate powers have set up their customer service really the worst out their , makes no sense for a company that has been around for years.
2016-9-29
Use props
dobsonimages
lvl.2
United States

interceptorx5 Posted at 2016-9-29 08:05
We aussies are always being ripped off, BUT we are the lucky country.

The camera on the Mavic is not as good as the one on the Phantom 4
2016-9-29
Use props
dobsonimages
lvl.2
United States

TheMethod Posted at 2016-9-29 04:01
I preferred the mavic image in the video and better yet no propellers in the shot like in the P4.

The props and many other things DJI got right but the camera is not as good as the phantom 4 and it would be nice to be able to use an I pad pro and maybe your phantom 4 controller with the Mavic.
I' really wanted to buy one and even placed an order for one until I read some reviews that the camera is not as good as the phantom 4 which lead me to cancel the order.
I like the image quality of my phantom 4 the Mavic would be a downgrade in image quality not interested until they give me an image as good as the phamton 4
2016-9-29
Use props
mikelt006
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336880 ft
Israel

Watching this footage, the video quality seems well enough unlike most of the soften\blurry ones I've seen before, if it's juse a focus issue this drone is great.

2016-9-30
Use props
jmoya03-sp
lvl.2

United States

mikelt006@gmail Posted at 2016-9-30 08:20
Watching this footage, the video quality seems well enough unlike most of the soften\blurry ones I'v ...

Thanks for the upload. I had concerns of the softness too over my p4 and was having regret over the sale of my p4 and pre oderding the mavic. But after seeing this I like what I see. Having the portability is a huge plus for me and I'm sure almost everyone else. Did you shoot any raw still and edit in light room to see the shadow recovery and detail? I'm amazed on the raw still from my p4. Its better at show recovery than my canon 5d mark III. Do you need to tap to focus everytime you fly? Where do you need to tap to get entire scenes in focus? My p4 would have entire scenes like mtn cliffs mile away tac sharp as the foreground.
2016-9-30
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
United States

mikelt006@gmail Posted at 2016-9-30 06:20
Watching this footage, the video quality seems well enough unlike most of the soften\blurry ones I'v ...

He says you have to tap the screen to make it focus on the Mavic. That's a bug. It should simply be in focus at the center of the screen automatically. That's very good news. DJI just needs to fix this with a firmware patch.
2016-9-30
Use props
jmoya03-sp
lvl.2

United States

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2016-9-30 10:15
He says you have to tap the screen to make it focus on the Mavic. That's a bug. It should simply b ...

exactly. Firmware update would be good on that. It's not like I'll be needing to shoot or film with bokeh. lol
2016-9-30
Use props
Swiss-Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

visionrouge.net Posted at 2016-9-28 09:01
It's very nice backup drone setup and quite interesting move to get something so easy to carry.

BUT ...

I totally agree. Keep bringing out new products whilst existing products STILL lack the functionality that was advertised. A3 is still not functioning as promised after MONTHS of release.
2016-9-30
Use props
Joseph Bobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

brendanpbyrne Posted at 2016-9-28 17:17
I joked that the day after I order the Phantom 4, the 5 will come out.  My Phantom 4 is shipping rig ...

brendanpbyrne check this video out, you may find it helpful decision wise:
2016-9-30
Use props
Joseph Bobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Joseph Bobowicz Posted at 2016-9-30 17:02
brendanpbyrne check this video out, you may find it helpful decision wise: https://youtu.be/1FTgaj ...

brendanpbyrne also don't let a lot of the preliminary video footage being posted online turn you off. It turns out the Mavic Pro has a feature called TTF (Touch To Focus). I have seen a lot of negative posts knocking the Mavic Pro due to soft looking photos and video. DJI should not be held responsible for operators not up to speed how to properly focus the camera. ; )
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2016-9-30 23:15
He says you have to tap the screen to make it focus on the Mavic. That's a bug. It should simply b ...

It's not a bug, the Mavic has manual focus as well as auto focus.
You can also use center point as the focal point in the app.
But also, these are all on the beta firmware and the public one is out now but when you get your Mavic the app should be refined.
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Joseph Bobowicz Posted at 2016-10-1 00:02
brendanpbyrne check this video out, you may find it helpful decision wise: https://youtu.be/1FTgaj ...

Again, when focused properly, it will produce sharp videos as this one that was posted earlier.

2016-9-30
Use props
kingdad434
lvl.1

I preorder from DJI.com the day it was announced. I'm wondering when I might get a shipping date?
2016-9-30
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-30 10:43
It's not a bug, the Mavic has manual focus as well as auto focus.
You can also use center point as ...

It seems like it may be defaulting to manual mode. In any case it is software and will get sorted out. Huge relief. Mavic is going to rule. I would buy one if I had not purchased a P4 this year. Perhaps next year.
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2016-10-1 12:25
It seems like it may be defaulting to manual mode. In any case it is software and will get sorted  ...

Yes, I'm sure it will all be sorted out by the time they start shipping.
Wait until you see and hold one, you may find a way to get it ASAP
It's that awesome.
2016-9-30
Use props
nedelande
New

Brazil

I want to use the Mavic for analysis of crops, like soy bean and corn, and I want to know if is it possible to change the camera for one with Ultra Red lens.
Thank you
2016-10-1
Use props
Sharks
New

Australia

Hey,
Very new to Drones and from what I have seen re the Mavic well all I can say is I just want one.
I understand all the basics from what I have read etc although I have one questions the experts here can answer.

What happens if the drone goes out of remote control coverage. Is there a fail safe where it just stops and hovers?
Or does it go on its merry way to oblivion?

Just looking at worst case scenario.

With thanks
2016-10-1
Use props
Paul S
lvl.3
Flight distance : 750922 ft
Spain

Sharks Posted at 2016-10-2 05:21
Hey,
Very new to Drones and from what I have seen re the Mavic well all I can say is I just want on ...

DJI drones have fail safe functionality that initiates under various circumstances. This  can include loss of signal from the remote control, low battery etc. This is commonly referred to as RTH or Return to Home. The functionality is configurable to be a "Return to Home" ie ascend to a specified height and return to its home point and land (usually it's take off point) or to for example return and hover (useful when flying from a boat over water). The Specs for the Mavic suggests a very accurate RTH employing not only the GPS point at take off but also images of the ground recorded.
2016-10-2
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I suggest watching this review!

2016-10-2
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 397 ft
Australia

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-3 06:20
I suggest watching this review!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7V5K_-0Un4

Great review but there is a negative, NO HDMI out for FPV flying,, that is a big one for me and for all those with the Headplays, Avegard Glyph and others.
2016-10-2
Use props
Sharks
New

Australia

Paul S Posted at 2016-10-3 02:18
DJI drones have fail safe functionality that initiates under various circumstances. This  can incl ...

Thanks Paul
2016-10-2
Use props
Revs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

Well done DJI you've finally won me over

I've been building/flying sub 250 FPV quads for a couple of years now, never really been interested in a RTF craft, though I've always wanted something more AP related. The P4 peaked my interest with it's new tech but it was still larger than I was prepared to carry out to the field with all my other stuff. Then the Mavic Pro comes out of nowhere and I was instantly impressed. It took me all of an afternoon to think about it before ordering one on Sunday night.

You're on to a winner here. This quad is definitely a game-changer and I can see this out selling previous models by miles if it can convert someone like me. Can't wait to get flying with it! Well done, I can only hope it performes as well as it looks.
2016-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules