Introducing DJI's brand new drone, the Mavic Pro!
56834 322 2016-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chirowolf
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

clement Posted at 2016-10-14 02:11
It's a pity that there is no HDMI output. With the quality of 1080p transmission available for Mavic ...

Huge mistake not adding HDMI. I have really loved using my FatShark Dominator V3 with the Phantom 4. Really gives you a lot of confidence flying in 1st person view without distraction.
I really hope that DJI adds a HDMI module like it did for the Phantom
2016-10-15
Use props
SteveCA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5273829 ft

Ken,

Do you know if shipping has begun yet? October 15th was yesterday in Asia.
2016-10-15
Use props
Vidushaka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 610397 ft
Australia

SteveCA Posted at 2016-10-16 02:42
Ken,

Do you know if shipping has begun yet? October 15th was yesterday in Asia.

It's also 16th here in australia☀️
2016-10-15
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

There are a few posts where the status has changed from "pending" to "picking order".  So it appears that something is happening.
2016-10-15
Use props
h8kBNPgEN7Aj
New

Finland

Lets hope. I am going shoot videos to Japan. I order one to home and as backup plan I try buy one from japan. But it starts to looking that I will not get it to home neither to japan in time if rumors of delayed shipments are right :/
2016-10-15
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

h8kBNPgEN7Aj Posted at 2016-10-16 15:36
Lets hope. I am going shoot videos to Japan. I order one to home and as backup plan I try buy one fr ...

it will be delay I did not get the drone pending status change its still waiting for shipment.
2016-10-15
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-16 06:27
There are a few posts where the status has changed from "pending" to "picking order".  So it appears ...

where are these status showing pick up order.
2016-10-15
Use props
kaelvinsl
lvl.1

France

Hello,

I intend to purchase a Mavic Pro. But I understand that DJI GO has no implementation on Windows 10  mobile.
It seems to me incredible that just DJI has not developed on Windows 10 or even moving there Parrot has.

The question is whether DJI intends to develop on Windows 10 general, since we also find tablets area in addition to Windows 10 mobile. ?
2016-10-16
Use props
WayneHuntley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4823 ft
United States

kaelvinsl Posted at 2016-10-16 07:24
Hello,

I intend to purchase a Mavic Pro. But I understand that DJI GO has no implementation on Wind ...

I would like to see it on Windows 10 Mobile as well since my cell phone is the Nokia 950 XL Windows 10 phone. Love the phone and have almost every application I need on it.  But,  I would be surprised if DJI creates an app for it and have already bought a Android tablet to use when the Mavic arrives.  Doesn't hurt to ask.  But, I learned to accept this a while back and I develop Microsoft applications for a living.  Maybe when the new Surface phone comes out.....
2016-10-16
Use props
cliffb
lvl.2
United States

Just curious if there may be a Mavic Advanced available down the road (with 2.7k camera).
2016-10-16
Use props
Jack Fedele
lvl.2

United States

Is there going to be a normal Mavic, or just the pro
2016-10-16
Use props
did u see it?
lvl.2
United States

kaelvinsl Posted at 2016-10-16 09:24
Hello,

I intend to purchase a Mavic Pro. But I understand that DJI GO has no implementation on Wind ...

Windows has only about 1% share on phones market. So it's definitely not a priority for DJI and others. Unless it's easy to port there are no reasons to think this is going to change. Bugs fixing and support will be a nightmare. On the positive side Android tablets a very cheap, you can get one for less than battery price.
2016-10-17
Use props
SimonC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 659580 ft
United Kingdom

Today I spent some quality time with the Mavic. Can't really add anything to what anyone who's flown one has already said. A fantastic piece of engineering and will no doubt sell very well. The only fly in the ointment for me was the slightly and yet noticeable inability of the camera to focus correctly. Everything looked a bit soft, and very noticeably so compared to the P4. Neither auto or manual focus, or any other camera mode would give a crisp sharp image, and had expected at least as good as the P4. However, the footage can be sharpened up in the edit for those wish going to the trouble of doing so. I have no idea why the focus issue, but suspect it will require more than a hardware/software tweak. Unfortunately not something I can live with so will hang fire until such time the problem is resolved in later models, albeit that is an assumption on my part. Camera issue aside... fantastic! Note: Just spotted Heliguy make note of camera softness in their short video.

2016-10-17
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

SimonC Posted at 2016-10-17 16:46
Today I spent some quality time with the Mavic. Can't really add anything to what anyone who's flown ...

No mention of tap to focus, although I would expect them to know about that by now.
2016-10-17
Use props
SimonC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 659580 ft
United Kingdom

rick39 Posted at 2016-10-17 17:24
No mention of tap to focus, although I would expect them to know about that by now.

Tap to focus is an option, but does not fix the softness.
2016-10-17
Use props
pqs103
New

United States

Still pending here in California. Anyone have any insight into whether or not Apple or Best Buy will have stock prior to the 31st? Had some sweet Haloween Plans that seem to be dwindling.
2016-10-17
Use props
Thulinm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223238 ft
Australia

pqs103@me.com Posted at 2016-10-18 05:02
Still pending here in California. Anyone have any insight into whether or not Apple or Best Buy will ...

Still pending here in Australia. Ordered 1/10. Not sure if any been shipped as of yet. Just wait and see.
Hopefully wont be much longer. Rumors about freight companies closing down. Manufacturing issues and so on. Nothing official from DJI. Think if they just told whats really happening and it would "calm" most people down.
2016-10-17
Use props
jeromeharris00
New
Flight distance : 112575 ft
United States

I was told today by my retailer Space City Drones that DJI gave them November 20th as a shipping date.  Im not expecting to have mine until late November early December. I ordered mine Oct 1st.

SpaceCityDrones.com
‏@spacecitydrones
Waiting on  your #DJI #Mavic  -  DJI has informed us that they are shipping the first Mavics around early Nov and here in the USA Nov 20th
2016-10-17
Use props
david.plaster
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-10 08:15
The 500m AGL restriction cannot be altered, if you are able to reset home points and keep climbing ...

So, just to make sure I understand this.  IF we're flying upslope on a mtn, cliff, etc...  The Mavic will terrain avoid but will top out at 500 above the launch point?  It will NOT sense the ground underneath it and maintain a constant distance above the ground up to it's service ceiling?
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

david.plaster Posted at 2016-10-18 12:41
So, just to make sure I understand this.  IF we're flying upslope on a mtn, cliff, etc...  The Mav ...

That is correct, it will limit itself to 500m above the takeoff point.
2016-10-17
Use props
spoonlamp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 301506 ft
Netherlands

If Ken is about I'd love to know if there is any kind of update regarding when the first shipments will be sent to local distributors. I'm hearing lots of conflicting reports about delays with different delay times and "revised release dates".

Many thanks.
2016-10-17
Use props
Thorvald
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32900 ft
Canada

Well something has changed.... we have lost the Shipping Status and Order status from our DJI Store Order status page?!?!?!    They are completely gone.

This isn't looking good.
2016-10-18
Use props
SjnPmRmCwLkp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1578 ft
Australia

Thorvald Posted at 2016-10-18 21:03
Well something has changed.... we have lost the Shipping Status and Order status from our DJI Store  ...

Just received :

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in
mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your
Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can.
If you have a DJI customer account, we’ll be sending you updates,
or you can check for new information in our online store http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro.

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication
DJI
2016-10-18
Use props
Thorvald
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32900 ft
Canada

SjnPmRmCwLkp Posted at 2016-10-18 08:28
Just received :

Dear Customers,

Just got same email.

Kudos to Adam for starting communication on this.

2016-10-18
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4

I ordered mine thru drone-world, 10-10. I doubt I will get it until late December. If I am lucky.
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

spoonlamp Posted at 2016-10-18 15:52
If Ken is about I'd love to know if there is any kind of update regarding when the first shipments w ...

I'm sorry for the delay on the Mavic shipping, here is the official statement.

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can. If you have a DJI customer account, we’ll be sending you updates, or you can check for new information in our online store  http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro  

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication
DJI
2016-10-18
Use props
ben
New

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-19 02:45
I'm sorry for the delay on the Mavic shipping, here is the official statement.

Dear Customers,  ...

While it's good to see some kind of communication, this is far from a helpful "update".

We all know that there has been amazing demand, stoked by DJI seeding the Mavic to a number of high-profile users as a pre-release unit.
We similarly know that production is in full swing.

There is absolutely no new information in this "update".

I would guess at a minimum that useful questions to answer would be:

1) Will DJI be fulfilling orders globally based on a simple time-of-order priority ?
2) Will DJI be fulfilling direct orders via their website as a priority over channel orders?
3) When does DJI estimate beginning shipments?

Hopefully those answers can be provided to prevent a lot of cancelled orders.

Cheers
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ben@bencrosby.n Posted at 2016-10-19 03:11
While it's good to see some kind of communication, this is far from a helpful "update".

We all k ...

More information when available will be emailed to everyone who ordered.
I'm sorry I don't have any more shipping info.
2016-10-18
Use props
ben
New

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-19 03:18
I'm sorry I don't have an ...

Ken, Sorry, that wasn't in any way intended to be criticism of your post - more just a general set of questions that would be helpful information.

I've read multiple threads on the Mavic, and those seemed to be the three recurring themes to much of the grumbling.

Cheers
2016-10-18
Use props
erneststrauss3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29406 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-19 03:18
I'm sorry I don't have an ...

Sure wish I could get a user manual. The chat people say its on the ios dji go-app. Its not.
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

erneststrauss3@ Posted at 2016-10-19 04:31
Sure wish I could get a user manual. The chat people say its on the ios dji go-app. Its not.

It will be added when it's completed. In the meantime you can read the Phantom4 manual as it has some of the features that the Mavic has.
2016-10-18
Use props
karllee2111
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-18
Use props
Drone Xperience
lvl.1
Flight distance : 374006 ft
Switzerland

Hi from Switzerland,
if we have sended the documents for the DJI beta Mavic tester, will be have the mavic sended soon? or how we can be accepted for it?
my order ist the N°041111447387
best regards
2016-10-18
Use props
pete.c44
lvl.2

United States

SimonC Posted at 2016-10-17 23:46
Today I spent some quality time with the Mavic. Can't really add anything to what anyone who's flown ...

Can this be corrected in post? I usually "shoot soft" with the P4...then adjust the sharpness in editing(along with color grading etc)
2016-10-18
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft

chirowolf Posted at 2016-10-15 21:28
Huge mistake not adding HDMI. I have really loved using my FatShark Dominator V3 with the Phantom  ...

Yeah, HDMI is useful. Either for FatSharks or for external displays.

I have it on my Inspire controllers. It's fantastic. I plug in a battery powered 7" LCD screen so that others can see the video without them having to hover over my iPad and bump into me when I'm flying.

But, the Mavic is meant to be an "adventure drone" -- it's really meant to be portable and easy to use and small. HDMI port would also no doubt increase the size of the controller a bit (due to electronics, pathways, HDMI chip, port, etc) and increase the cost.

Of course, if DJI decided to add in it, I'd take it
2016-10-18
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kwaka Pants Posted at 2016-9-29 04:07
Well I think it looks brilliant.
Not a phantom 3 / 4 replacement.
Does the same things and more, but ...

The Mavic is just another tool in the tool box. Professionals will find a use for it.
2016-10-18
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

brendanpbyrne Posted at 2016-9-28 11:17
I joked that the day after I order the Phantom 4, the 5 will come out.  My Phantom 4 is shipping rig ...

Watch the last of the videos above and stick with the P4
2016-10-19
Use props
Dronez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61135 ft
United States

I can't wait to get mine!
2016-10-19
Use props
peekarwee
lvl.1

Singapore

Dronez Posted at 2016-10-20 11:36
I can't wait to get mine!

Well, the truth is, you HAVE to wait.
2016-10-19
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why would anyone be so stupid as to order a Mavic Pro until you start shipping them?

DJI needs to try a little honesty with its customers instead of taking their money under false pretences...
2016-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules