Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-9-30 16:19
Yes...  I agree.  The new focus feature is cool and most of the early YouTube video reviews were no ...

The app may get tweaked more before the general public get theirs.
Thank you for ordering, you will not be disappointed.
2016-9-30
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-30 18:12
Did you watch the videos I posted a little bit ago?
Here are a couple videos explaining it

if those 2 videos were supposed to show the Mavic at its best then its going to leave a lot to be desired.
2016-9-30
Use props
Heckler
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-28 12:01
DJI has a 7 day refund and 14 day exchange.

Does that apply to any place in the world? I bought it in Hong Kong.

Does "Exchange" mean I can return my P4 and get a Mavic + some extra batteries to compensate for the higher price?
2016-9-30
Use props
david.p.mann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-30 18:24
The app may get tweaked more before the general public get theirs.
Thank you for ordering, you will ...

I think the second first flight video when viewed at 4K on a 4K UHD TV looks awesome!  Looks good on a 1080p monitor as well and interestingly enough, even on a 1080p monitor, the video looks better when viewed at 4K resolution than at 1080p resolution because you are viewing the original uploaded video not a downsampled lower resolution video from Youtube.
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

EdM Posted at 2016-10-1 09:22
if those 2 videos were supposed to show the Mavic at its best then its going to leave a lot to be  ...

For a aircraft of it's size, it's absolutely amazing. The entire camera and gimbal is only a tad bigger than my thumb. Show me another system of that size with that quality.
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Heckler Posted at 2016-9-30 19:44
Does that apply to any place in the world? I bought it in Hong Kong.

Does "Exchange" mean I can r ...

You have to contact onlinesales@dji.com and they can give you more specifics.
Or you can call and they can assist you.
CHINA
+86 4007000303
Mon-Sun 9:00AM-12:30PM; 2:00PM-9:00PM (GMT+8)
HONG KONG CHINA
+852 30188979
Mon-Sun 9:00AM-12:30PM; 2:00PM-9:00PM (GMT+8)
2016-9-30
Use props
Heckler
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-1 11:32
You have to contact  and they can give you more specifics.
Or you can call and they can assist you ...

Sorry, but wth! The Hong Kong number answers in Mandarin.
The languages in Hong Kong are Cantonese and English.

2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Heckler Posted at 2016-9-30 20:56
Sorry, but wth! The Hong Kong number answers in Mandarin.

The languages in Hong Kong are Cantones ...

Use this page to contact support
http://www.dji.com/support
2016-9-30
Use props
Heckler
lvl.1
Hong Kong

• Your refund policy 1.a on your website says refund can be requested if the product "...has not been activated and is still in new or like-new condition.".
    What does "activated" mean?
  • Refund Policy 2.h says refund cannot be provided if "The date of activation exceeds 30 days after the date of delivery.".
    Does that mean even if it has been activated, a refund can be provided if the activation dates back no longer than 30 days since the purchase/delivery?

Source:
http://www.dji.com/service/policy

2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Heckler Posted at 2016-10-1 12:19
  • Your refund policy 1.a on your website says "...has not been activated and is still in new or  ...

• I'm sorry, you will need to contact support for details, I provide technical support for the DJI products and do not work in the customer service or online sales.
    And I am in the US and policy may be different where you are.
    2016-9-30
    Use props
    stratosHD
    lvl.3
    Flight distance : 1231280 ft
    Australia

PROXUS Posted at 2016-9-29 23:02
    Mavic sharpness from Casey Neistat vs Visual Aerials test. I think Casey's sample is blurred for s ...

To be honest it looks like the image is not properly focused, ive seen other vids from ijustine as well and I thin definetly Neistat got the manual mode pn the camera and didnt focused
    2016-9-30
    Use props
    Heckler
    lvl.1
    Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-1 13:04
    I'm sorry, you will need to contact support for details, I provide technical support for the DJI p ...

Your Hong Kong colleagues don't know what customer service means.
    First answer of that douche was "no, no refund, we do not have such a thing!".
    Then I told him about your post about refund and exchange.
    He wanted me to tell you to call him and inform him about it.
    I told him to check his own company forum website and contact you himself.
    Then he or his colleagues obviously checked their own policies on the website and found the term "not activated". Suddenly he was very happy to tell me must not be activated, but could not properly explain to me what activated means.
    2016-9-30
    Use props
    stratosHD
    lvl.3
    Australia

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-9-30 10:19
    Be happy with the P4, It fits a different segment of the market. The camera is superior to the Mav ...

P4 and Mavic have the same cameras different lenses, period.
    2016-9-30
    Use props
    DJI-Ken
    DJI team
    • >>>

Heckler Posted at 2016-10-1 13:15
    Your Hong Kong colleagues don't know what customer service means.
    First answer of that douche was " ...

I am sorry that you had that experience.
    About activation, in order for new DJI aircraft to fly they have to be activated first and the app walks you through that process.
    2016-9-30
    Use props
    ecarpo
    lvl.3

Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-1 07:12
    Did you watch the videos I posted a little bit ago?
    Here are a couple videos explaining it

Quality definitely looks way better on here. Can't wait!
    2016-9-30
    Use props
    DJI-Ken
    DJI team
    • >>>
    United States

ecarpo@hotmail. Posted at 2016-9-30 22:58

You will be impressed
    2016-9-30
    Use props
    nicolas.bertran
    New

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-1 05:18
    For a aircraft of it's size, it's absolutely amazing. The entire camera and gimbal is only a tad b ...

Hi Ken,

Thank you for putting up with all our customers/fan anxieties !

Now, about the quoted post, I'm sorry but this is not the question everyone is asking. Noone asks if this is the best drone of its size : the competion is a joke.
    What we (I) are asking is if the image quality is on par with the Phantom 4. And the elements we have so far are really confusing :
    1) Supposedly, earlier reviewers didn't tap to focus. Well, ok but even the footage from the offial DJI announcing video are not as well defined as the one you would get from a P4.
    2) Supposedly, it is the same exact sensor. Well ok, but reviewers reported that it is not as good as the P4 in low light, which kind of defies the laws of physics : the same sensor with a wider aperture (2.2 vs 2.8) should only get more light. Which make me question if it is actually the same exact sensor or "you know, something quite similar, most wouldn't know the difference"
    3) Reviewers are now sundenly describing P4 footage as "too sharp". Seriously, you are going down that road ?

As I said, I'm a fan of your products, but my P4 has spent literally 216 x more time in your repair shop than in the air. So you understand how eager I am to get a drone fit for real life. However, I am not ready to concede picture quality.
    2016-10-1
    Use props
    franciscoc
    New

Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-28 23:53
    There's nothing to hate about this little gem, and when you get to hold one in your hand yuo will  ...

Hello guys, I bought a p4 few days ago, and I was very very happy, but when I saw the mavic pro, I decided to return it.
    Now I has just order a mavic, I will receive 3 November .

Y have films and fotos from p4. In November I will compare whe quality, and if I do not like the mavic fotos and films I will return it and I will buy again the p4.
    And I will compare how stable is in flight.

The are people that says at YouTube that is worse and other says is the same image quality.

I will try it.

Anybody have any other information???

Greeting from Spain...
    2016-10-1
    Use props
    franciscoc
    New

Spain

Hello guys, I bought a p4 few days ago, and I was very very happy, but when I saw the mavic pro, I decided to return it.
    Now I has just order a mavic, I will receive 3 November .

Y have films and fotos from p4. In November I will compare whe quality, and if I do not like the mavic fotos and films I will return it and I will buy again the p4.
    And I will compare how stable is in flight.

The are people that says at YouTube that is worse and other says is the same image quality.

I will try it.

Anybody have any other information???

Greeting from Spain...
    2016-10-1
    Use props
    Mimoid
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 1098940 ft
    Sweden

franciscoc Posted at 2016-10-1 11:56
    Hello guys, I bought a p4 few days ago, and I was very very happy, but when I saw the mavic pro, I d ...

I have been on the verge of placing a pre-order a dozen times, but every time something holds me back. My curent drone is a Phantom and the image quality never ceases to surprise me - I understand that it is a class leader by far. Also it is a dream to fly. My only issue is that it is a bit bulky, hence I seldom take it out with me on trips - which kind of defeats its primary purpose.

The Mavic seems most likely to be just the ticket. But every time I am going to place the order, I run into one or two YT videos that just simply freak me out. Even the ones going "Casey made a boo-boo, looky here", and I am just like "errrr... now, well, that one isn't better!" E.g. this one with a horribly blurry image and a tilting horizon:  

Of course I understand that there is a payoff between portability, range and image quality. I am willing to live with that, as my videos are for my own personal enjoyment on Youtube only. But buying yet another camera drone is at least for me a pretty hefty investment, and I need to know what I am getting.

I cannot understand why DJI decided to send out samples to selected reviewers, without actually following up with some kind of instructions about possible pitfalls and known beta issues. Things would be so much clearer for everybody: "See, this is a pre-production sample, DJI has promised to look into these bugs before the final release".

/// Tom

2016-10-1
    Use props
    cjmc
    lvl.2

nicolas.bertran Posted at 2016-10-1 16:14
    Hi Ken,

On your second point I've been wondering the same I presume it's the much smaller lens. I know with standard camera lenses, wider glass lets in more light irrespective of the aperture size itself. Wonder is this why it performs worse than the P4 in low Light as I expected the opposite.
    2016-10-1
    Use props
    Mike-the-cat
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 22488593 ft
    • >>>
    Singapore

ecarpo@hotmail. Posted at 2016-10-1 13:58

You sound so sure that the chipsets are identical? do you know this for a fact or are you just shooting from the hip? I don't doubt that the imaging chip is likely to be similar but the video processor may be different.
    2016-10-1
    Use props
    Mimoid
    lvl.1
    Sweden

PROXUS Posted at 2016-9-29 19:30
    Check this one out. It is not shot in native 1080p though. It is downscaled 4K rendered in 1080p@6 ...

That's actually really sweet!   Apart from the crooked horizon.... what's the deal with that? A gimbal error? Yeah, I know, we're impossible to please. Actually I just placed an order for the Mavic. Even if the image is not quite on par with the P4, I just cannot resist its portability.

/// Tom
    2016-10-1
    Use props
    DJI-Ken
    DJI team
    • >>>

nicolas.bertran Posted at 2016-10-1 16:14
    Hi Ken,

Here is a P4/Mavic comparison from a professional Photographer/Film Maker that explains it pretty well.
    http://www.shainblumphoto.com/20 ... c-vs-phantom-4-dng/
    2016-10-1
    Use props
    DJI-Ken
    DJI team
    • >>>

franciscoc Posted at 2016-10-1 17:55
    Hello guys, I bought a p4 few days ago, and I was very very happy, but when I saw the mavic pro, I ...

It's explained pretty well here from a professional Photographer/Film Maker.
    2016-10-1
    Use props
    DJI-Ken
    DJI team
    • >>>

Mimoid Posted at 2016-10-1 18:31
    I have been on the verge of placing a pre-order a dozen times, but every time something holds me ba ...

Read this review, he spoke to DJI and the production version will much better.
    2016-10-1
    Use props
    DJI-Ken
    DJI team
    • >>>

cjmc Posted at 2016-10-1 18:48
    On your second point I've been wondering the same I presume it's the much smaller lens. I know wit ...

Let's all wait for the production version and it should be much better.
    Here's a good read.
    2016-10-1
    Use props
    cjmc
    lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-1 22:59
    Let's all wait for the production version and it should be much better.
    Here's a good read.
    http:/ ...

Hasn't put me off ordering it. Looks cracking. I had ordered the drone with a spare battery but local supplier does the Mavic Pro fly more pack with 12 months interest free finance so cancelled and got it.

Any idea of the dimensions for the bag though? I wanted something nice and small
    Ps in that link you posted Ken the images from the Mavic look every bit as good as the P4
    2016-10-1
    Use props
    Mimoid
    lvl.1
    Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-1 16:57
    Read this review, he spoke to DJI and the production version will much better.
    http://www.shainblu ...

Yeah, I actually decided to forget about those pre-production videos on YouTube, and considering that DJI will most likely iron out those early bugs, I pulled the trigger - so now I have six (or more) weeks of wait in front of me!

The truth is, I cannot tell how many times I thought about bringing my Phantom on a trip and just couldn't make myself do it because of the bulk. On the other hand, I might have brought the Mavic along, even if the image quality is slightly worse. The best camera in the world is not going to do me any good if it stays at home. Pretty much the same goes for my Nikon FX DSLR system - I have taken at least fifty times more pictures with my iPhone, just because it was in my pocket, while (my far superior) DSLR was still in its bag at home.

/// Tom

2016-10-1
    Use props
    Fulgerite
    lvl.4

United States

Hey DJI-Ken...  How about those new DJI Goggles?  The look pretty cool!  So I have a question:  How can you use them in the USA without violating the FAA requirement to maintain visual contact at all times?  (I mean with a hobby license.)  Seems like the goggles would violate FAA in the USA?

Also...  While the controller for the Mavic looks like it's set up well for an iPhone...  How about using tablet like an iPad?  Is there any solutions for attaching an iPad?

2016-10-1
    Use props
    Fulgerite
    lvl.4

United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-10-1 04:07
    You sound so sure that the chipsets are identical? do you know this for a fact or are you just sho ...

The main difference from various videos with comments from DJI representatives seem to imply that the Mavic's video processor is newer & possibly superior but the lens system is compromised.  The main difference between cameras seems to be the LENS not the sensor...
    2016-10-1
    Use props
    stratosHD
    lvl.3
    Australia

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-2 01:59
    Hey DJI-Ken...  How about those new DJI Goggles?  The look pretty cool!  So I have a question:  How  ...

would also keen to know if I can fly attaching my ipad mini to the controller
    2016-10-1
    Use props
    Fulgerite
    lvl.4

United States

Hop we get some comments from DJI soon.
    2016-10-1
    Use props
    DJI-Ken
    DJI team
    • >>>

cjmc Posted at 2016-10-2 00:05
    Hasn't put me off ordering it. Looks cracking. I had ordered the drone with a spare battery but loc ...

I have not seen the bad yet so I don't know the dimensions.
    2016-10-1
    Use props
    DJI-Ken
    DJI team
    • >>>
    United States

Mimoid Posted at 2016-10-2 01:35
    Yeah, I actually decided to forget about those pre-production videos on YouTube, and considering th ...

Exactly, I only take my different aircraft when I have a plan and know what I'm doing.
    There's been so many times I wish I had one with me for an incredible shot but I'm not going to carry an P4 or Inspire case around with me.
    The Mavic is so small I could take it everywhere I go and not have any of those missed opportunities.
    2016-10-1
    Use props
    DJI-Ken
    DJI team
    • >>>

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-2 01:59
    Hey DJI-Ken...  How about those new DJI Goggles?  The look pretty cool!  So I have a question:  How  ...

The FAA rules are line of sight.
    And one of the other testers has come up with something for a iPad Mini

2016-10-1
    Use props
    DJI-Ken
    DJI team
    • >>>

stratosHD Posted at 2016-10-2 06:16
    would also keen to know if I can fly attaching my ipad mini to the controller

Here's something.

2016-10-1
    Use props
    DJI-Ken
    DJI team
    • >>>

And another great Mavic review.

2016-10-2
    Use props
    daithi.cork
    lvl.1

Australia

When will ND filters be available? Will they be screw on/off type?
    2016-10-2
    Use props
    Jhzqzf7bP09B
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 545 ft
    Hong Kong

Mariuss Posted at 2016-9-28 15:10
    You didnt know about the event yesterday?

no... I bought in the opening of the Hong Kong Flagship store with 2 batteries for HKD$8343
    2016-10-4
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules