Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI P4 exchange with Mavic
5959 62 2016-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Jorge D Posted at 2016-9-27 23:39
Well if the police stops you here, they could call the airspace security authority AESA, and they  ...

The police is the one authority that you really don´t have to worry obout. Ytey have neither the recources or the knowledge to asess the validity of whatever certifitates you present to them. And they don´t really care.

Happy flying
2016-9-28
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-28 00:51
The police cannot access that 'black box', it is encrypted.

yes
2016-9-28
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Jorge D Posted at 2016-9-28 01:15
I don't know exactly how they can access and decrypt, but there a few cases right now with big fin ...

in spain maybe there are such cases..
2016-9-28
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-9-28 01:20
But all they need to do is access the video cache on the device, or the flight records.
In USA, the ...

the video cache is not evidence. Looks like you flew far away on the video...
2016-9-28
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

aaron.ferguson@ Posted at 2016-9-28 13:07
Max wind resistance seems to be 24mph - though I wouldn't fly over 15 (even that is a bit high - it ...

Problem with wind is when manually orbiting it tends to be ovals
2016-9-28
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

lukx Posted at 2016-9-28 16:37
After watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YJ8WhQzaSM
I will stay with my P3P and wait wh ...

The Mavic is dull and the P4 looks compressed as h*ll
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Swedrone Posted at 2016-9-29 04:13
The Mavic is dull and the P4 looks compressed as h*ll

Here's a review to read.
http://visual-aerials.com/mavicpro.html
2016-9-28
Use props
jmoya03-sp
lvl.2

United States

I just sold my dji phantom 4 yesterday and pre ordered the mavic. Now I'm worried about the image quality. All the videos I'm seeing from digitalrev and caseyN and others on youtube the video looks soft and the stills look graining in the shadows. I loved my dji phantom 4 but hated its size since I travel with a medium sized dlsr bag with lenses and had a completely seperate large bag for the dji 4. The mavic being smaller is a huge perk but now the camera has me worried I made a bad decision in selling my dji 4.
2016-9-28
Use props
Jorge D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225827 ft
Spain

jmoya03-sp Posted at 2016-9-28 23:04
I just sold my dji phantom 4 yesterday and pre ordered the mavic. Now I'm worried about the image qu ...

If you travel a lot with your DSLR is a good decision, I wouldn't be worried. The sensor is exactly the same and 12 Mp resolution.  It has the benefits of the amazing P4 but portable...
2016-9-28
Use props
lukx
lvl.2

Poland

Jorge D Posted at 2016-9-28 23:56
If you travel a lot with your DSLR is a good decision, I wouldn't be worried. The sensor is exactl ...

I think you need glasses
2016-9-28
Use props
aaron.ferguson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1641752 ft
United Kingdom

dj.trillium Posted at 2016-9-28 13:11
im just seeking negatives to stop me "needing" to blow £1200 on another drone. Please he ...

Well as the flying season in the northern hemisphere is coming to an end I'd wait til the Spring. By then the Mavic niggles will be sorted and they'll doubtless be a new P5...
2016-9-29
Use props
Jorge D
lvl.2
Spain

aaron.ferguson@ Posted at 2016-9-29 14:20
Well as the flying season in the northern hemisphere is coming to an end I'd wait til the Spring.  ...

You can always travel to Spain mainland or the Islands to fly, not in the north but the rest of the country has good weather all the year around :-)
2016-9-29
Use props
Jorge D
lvl.2
Spain

lukx Posted at 2016-9-29 08:21
I think you need glasses

We will have to wait until to see more reviews, but the quality is good, indeed the aircraft seems much more advanced than our P4. I was surprised about how stable is, more aerodynamic than the Phantoms he will surfer better on the wind,much more safety due to the less weight in case of any fall, the motors are more silent, so you could access to places to take photos or videos that now you can't because you can bother some people... the design and quality seems amazing,it looks like a kind of  industrial or military drone, the same than some special forces use...Electronically has more range.... so sorry but  for me it's clear..is the future of the personal drones...
Are you really 100% happy with the image quality of your P4? For me the Phantoms aren't  intended for professional use, for that DJI has another product range... so starting at this point I would like to have the same of my P4 but portable. Thumbs up for the MAVIC..
2016-9-29
Use props
jmoya03-sp
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-28 15:37
Here's a review to read.
http://visual-aerials.com/mavicpro.html

This is an email I got after contacting dji. It says its almost there. So it's not the same quality? He wrote is has the same sensor but how can that be if its smaller?
Thanks Jorge
Calvin       
Calvin (DJI)
Sep 29, 16:32 CST

Dear customer,
Thank you for contacting DJI Online Store.
I am very delight to answer your questions.
First of all, i would like to inform the DJI mavic also compatible with android phone, Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.
And it also have the same sensor with Phantom 4 and the video quality is almost the same.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards
DJI Online Store
2016-9-29
Use props
jmoya03-sp
lvl.2

United States

This is an email I got from Calvin at dji. He says the camera is the same as the dji 4 yet he finished by saying its almost there. I don't understand how a smaller camera can have the same sensor and resolve the same as a larger sensor. The crop also means you have to fly higher and farther to include what you want in the frame.        
Calvin (DJI)
Sep 29, 16:32 CST

Dear customer,
Thank you for contacting DJI Online Store.
I am very delight to answer your questions.
First of all, i would like to inform the DJI mavic also compatible with android phone, Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.
And it also have the same sensor with Phantom 4 and the video quality is almost the same.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards
DJI Online Store
2016-9-29
Use props
gt3rs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280056 ft

The sensor size is exaclty the same 1 2/3, same as most other stuff in this range from phantoms to gopro camera. The lens is different in focal length and aperture.
Not sure why you are comparing the external size of the camera? A Sony A7 series has the same sensor size as a 1Dx but is 3 times smaller.....
Also there is no crop only different lens...

1/2.3” (CMOS), Effective pixels:12.35 M (Total pixels:12.71M)
Lens
FOV 78.8° 28 mm (35 mm format equivalent) f/2.2
Distortion < 1.5% Focus from 0.5 m to ∞
2016-9-29
Use props
goldfinv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 506181 ft
  • >>>
Nigeria

juantorio@att.n Posted at 2016-9-28 03:37
Now for another question? Is there any advantages of getting the Mavic straight from the DJI online  ...

The Mavic comes out and now the P4 is being called old. Lol. My P3pro is drone granddaddy
2016-9-29
Use props
jmoya03-sp
lvl.2

United States

gt3rs Posted at 2016-9-29 08:10
The sensor size is exaclty the same 1 2/3, same as most other stuff in this range from phantoms to g ...

I only mention because in the digitalrev video review they said it has a smaller sensor. I guess you cant believe everything you hear on youtube. But the photos shown side by side does show more grain and softness with lack of detail between the djip4 and the mavic.
Thanks
2016-9-29
Use props
Jorge D
lvl.2
Spain

gt3rs Posted at 2016-9-29 15:10
The sensor size is exaclty the same 1 2/3, same as most other stuff in this range from phantoms to g ...

Exactly if you see the professional SONY RX1R2 of 42MP and 35' it fits on the palm of your hand. The sensor that DJI uses is SONY because it's the first manufacturer of the world,so another cameras uses this sensors...
2016-9-29
Use props
Jorge D
lvl.2
Spain

goldfinv Posted at 2016-9-29 15:12
The Mavic comes out and now the P4 is being called old. Lol. My P3pro is drone granddaddy

Well the P4 is a P3 upgraded...but in terms of design and electronics the MAVIC is an advance. In an  aggressive market like in the US, that means that if you haven't the latest you will not have a commercial success. Of course is not the same in a Nigeria or in Europe...
This design and line was launched early due to the GOPro KARMA, if not we would have to wait much more...so yes our Phantoms are a previous and old design. The next Phantom will be like the MAVIC on a bigger size...
2016-9-29
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jmoya03-sp Posted at 2016-9-29 21:16
I only mention because in the digitalrev video review they said it has a smaller sensor. I guess y ...

"the digitalrev video review they said it has a smaller sensor. I guess you cant believe everything you hear on youtube."
Watch again ... and look in top right of the screen where they give a correction where they say that.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jorge D Posted at 2016-9-29 21:22
Well the P4 is a P3 upgraded...but in terms of design and electronics the MAVIC is an advance. In  ...

Also from the P3 to P4 was huge advancement in technology, now with the Mavic being a different form factor is really a welcoming change to me. I think its absolutely a work of art.
2016-9-29
Use props
ezraf13099
New

India

Overall has the same characteristics than the P4 and the range obviously is much better in the numbers at least, we will see on the real tests. I think that is a different segment than the P4 and the low price is due to the high competition with the brand of the sports cameras and his new flying camera...
2018-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules