2nd mp4 wont open
2004 7 2015-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kredelstephen.y
New

United States

I have a 32 gb sd card. i shot one video until the battery died, switched the battery and then shot another video.
I brought the card back home and only the first video will open. they are both mp4s. The 2nd video says its almost 2gbs so i know there is something there. Could something have happened when i switched out the battery?
Should i use smaller sd cards for each video?
Has this happened to anyone before?

Thank you

2015-1-31
Use props
kredelstephen.y
New

United States

I have the card in my computer now. The first video works fine, the second is there but i cant open it. same thing happened the other day.
2015-1-31
Use props
Warbishop
lvl.1

United States

If power gets cut prematurely it will get corrupted. I had the same issue. Before I powered off, I akways stopped the video and took 1 photo to insure I didn't have this issue.  
2015-1-31
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

gerry is right this happened to me twice and we have seen many posts on it.  if you dont stop the video before powering down, it doesnt finish writing the end of the file.  there are online fixes to this that you will find on this forum, but i have found the easiest way is to start the phantom back up, begin a new recording, then stop it.  once it writes 'the next' video successfully, I have always been able to play the bad one fine after that.
2015-1-31
Use props
kredelstephen.y
New

United States

perfect! thank you everyone. gonna test it today.
2015-2-1
Use props
finlayson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95331 ft
United States

I have (free) software that may be able to fix video files like these:
http://live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video-fix/

Ross.
2015-2-2
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I had this problem when I experienced a "glitch" flying. It was not a flyaway but it did not respond to the course lock that I had set.

it did a 90 degree turn 50 metres away from me otherwise it behaved normally.

On this flight there was no video saved even though i was recording so I could not diagnose what it was doing.

I flew again and everything was normal but the video from this flight would not load on my Mac it said incorrect format.

I had another flight recorded after this one and the video was fine.

The mac said that the incorrect mp4 file was about 2 gigabytes.

I put the SD card back in the Phantom in the vision app was able to read the file. So I synced it to the phone (took ages) and the video was then OK.

I suspect that the "Glitch" messed up the format of the SD card enough to make it not readable on the Mac but still readable via the vision app.

I have now reformatted the SD card to erase the format / file issues.

My advice.

See if you can read the mp4 file via the vision app. And reformat the SD card when complete.

Cheers
2015-2-3
Use props
coezoo
New

United States

Thanks!  I was having the same problem.. Awesome.  Thanks for the help
2015-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules