REVIEW: The New OSMO+ vs. Original OSMO - PROMISING. YET BUGGY.
18481 30 2016-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-SMD
New
United States

Hello forum!

I have in my possession an Osmo and an Osmo +. Ran around today with both of them, one in each hand, at the same time just to compare and see if one is noticeably better than the other. Both performed well although when I pulled in tight on a subject the Osmo+ definitely shinned. I couldn't see any real difference in stabilization even though I guess I hoped for a noticable improvement with them touting "advanced stabilization". Either way, its still quite good and both handle it well. The OSMO+ head is noticably bigger and has a bigger vent which I'm guessing helps make it so much quieter. It comes with a 16gb U3 card which is a nice touch. You only have 2 axis to lock when you shut it down, not 3 like the original Osmo and there's a few other small differences I noticed which I point out below.

HOWEVER...

I did have some questions and issues with the new OSMO+ so maybe other users and/or staff could help out...

1) APERTURE BUG? - When you zoom, it appears that the aperture does change, but the readout on the DJI GO app remains at f/2.8 throughout the zoom. Is this a bug? Also, it would be nice to be able to manually adjust aperture from 2.8 to 5.2 regardless of your focal length just like you can with ISO and Shutter. I was told by a rep in the service "chat session" that that would be possible but I don't see that as an option in the app.

2) DIGITAL ZOOM - Is there a way to make disable the digital zoom? That would be a nice feature. Yeah, I know, it's "lossless" but I'd rather not. Also, no where in any documentation does it tell you how to do the digital zoom. I've found that randomly sometimes it does it and other times it does not. For example, I'd zoom all the way in from 22mm to 77mm and it stops at what the display shows as 77mm but then a 2nd box appears and while the 77mm stays at 77, the zoom continues and the box goes from 1.0x to 2.0x zoom which I'm guessing is the digital zoom. But then sometimes you hit 77mm and it just stops. No digital zoom. No idea what's going on here and sadly (it's a theme in my critique here) there's no documentation on how this "should" work so I'm left wondering if this Osmo+ is just a really buggy release.

3) AF FOCUS HELP? - I've found that sometimes the AF works and sometimes/most of the time it stays stuck and doesn't adjust to my shot when I go from a close up shot to a wider shot (without zooming). For example, on a closeup shot of my son it was real nice vs the regular Osmo shot which didn't grab focus on him and the Osmo+ even had a slight amount of bokeh in the background which was nice to see even at it's widest aperture. Zoom in more and the DOF becomes even more shallow. The minimum focus distance seems to help! However, sometimes when I'd pull away from that shot it would stay locked on that focal plane and wouldn't AF or adjust. There are several options and things one can toggle but the manuals are really sad for these devices and explain almost nothing. One can tap on the spot meter icon at the top and it changes into a green AF box. So should I always tap on that? That would stink. And then in the settings there's a toggle for "Real Time AF" which, I'm guessing is a fancy way to say "continuous AF" which is what I'm looking for...however, sadly, it doesn't work like that as I've had it toggled and had the same issues with the lens no RE-FOCUSING itself automatically. So I'm not sure what that actually means! Help with AF would be greatly appreciated so that the camera adjusts on the fly as you move in close to subjects and then away to distant backgrounds. Would be nice if the camera adjusted without having to press the screen on a phone. Help wanted because as it stands right now I see the Osmo+ has some serious AF issues.

4) ZOOM SPEED - Is there a setting to control the speed of the zoom? I love how we can control the precise speed of the pan and tilt. So I'm hoping the DJI GO app will allow us to also control the precise speed of the zoom in the same way. There's currently two ways to zoom that I can see. Using the phone and the DJI GO app, the zoom speed is medium-slow whereas when you hold the trigger and move the joystick the zoom is really fast. It would be nice to be able to dial in the speed (from 0-100 like the PAN and TILT speeds) in the settings.

5) AUDIO SYNC - Recording on both the OSMO and the OSMO+ at the same time and running around for 5 minutes in one continuous take, by the end, BOTH of them were way out of sync with AUDIO. The OSMO was a couple seconds out of sync while the OSMO+ was about 7-8 seconds out of sync. Shooting both at 4k30 using Class10 U3 cards (OSMO+ using the included card, and OSMO with the SanDisk U3 card). I had sync issues both times I tested running around for an extended period of time, and it was interesting to see in post how far off they were by the end of just 5 minutes running around. SIDE NOTE: The audio on the new OSMO+ was WAY cleaner. Not great or anything, but way cleaner and as you'd expect from these. I did not use the included flexi mic as I did my test for the stabilization comparison really. Also, when you go further than 5 minutes (9mns 22secs to be exact) in 4k30p mode, the file breaks into a 2nd file. This is a normal part of the micro SD card's formatting limitation. However, it stinks that during that break, for me the file has a 1 second break in it when I drop it into Premiere Pro so I'm not able to get on continous shot.

6) LENS NOT CONNECTED (error) - On occasion, when I'm zooming in on something the zoom hesitates for a second and then says "Lens Not Connected". It hunts for a bit and then returns back to 22mm. Then it might happen again one or two times and then magically it stops doing that and the zoom works like normal. No idea here. Lens not connected? Huh? Um, I don't see how that's even possible. This doesn't happen all the time. I've had this 2 days and have used the Osmo+ for about 2 hours total in testing and it's happened once each day. Again, I'm left wondering if DJI released something before it was ready.

7) TIMELAPSE - The ability to do a moving timelapse is really nice. Once I figured out that you need to be in photo mode to access the video timelapse option, it was fairly intuitive. And the result was nice. Haven't tested too much yet, but my first one went well. I created a starting point and an ending point and even a 3rd point just for fun and it hit each spot with ease. It's nice that it creates the timelapse video file for you, however, is there a way for it not to save every single frame that it takes to your phone's gallery?? I like how small low-res versions of your videos are saved to your phone. That's nice. But after doing a two minute timelapse with intervals being every 5 seconds I ended up with 24 photos in my gallery that I had to go in and delete. Would be nice to at least have the option to just save the final timelapse video preview, and not all the individual still frames. Maybe there is already and I just don't know it.

Other Observations -
- I like how the new OSMO+ lays with the lens facing sideways and not straight down in its case like the original OSMO.
- I don't like how there's no lens cap for the OSMO+ ...as they say on ESPN "C'mon Man!". I feel like a lens cap and a simple "Osmo base" should be included. That's what, $15? I mean at this point GoPro is throwing in a Osmo-like grip into their Karma drone release...I feel like those 2 items are "essentials", especially given the fact that DJI touts timelapses with this (which works well by the way) but yet your really can't/shouldn't do a proper timelapse without a stand or base.
- I like how the Polar Pro ND filters fit BOTH the OSMO and the new OSMO+. Yay.
- I'm glad the Z-Axis fits both OSMO and OSMO+. Haven't tested yet, but saw in your FAQ's (which should have like 50 more Q&A's since the manuals are so thin on exactly what each setting does (see #3 above).
- I like how the new "extended battery" that comes with it is placed upright in the charger instead of laying flat like the original Osmo charger which always seemed like an awkward fit to me.

In the end, it's a very promising yet buggy experience for me of which there is little to no help in any DJI documentation. While it's got a lot of great features, and I really want to love it, it's sad to think that I might be sort of a beta tester for DJI at this point since I've obviously received one of the first Osmo+ batches released by DJI and it appears the kinks aren't quite worked out.

2016-9-27
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

"...AUDIO SYNC - Recording on both the OSMO and the OSMO+ at the same time and running around for 5 minutes in one continuous take, by the end, BOTH of them were way out of sync with AUDIO..."

It sounds as though you don't have the latest firmware in the Osmo. That problem was eliminated in the firmware release at the beginning of this year.

I'm surprised to hear that it's in the Osmo+ when, as I say, the issue has already been resolved with the Osmo.
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-SMD
New
United States

LenMiddx Posted at 2016-9-28 02:32
"...AUDIO SYNC - Recording on both the OSMO and the OSMO+ at the same time and running around for 5  ...

I should have listed in my original post that the firmware is all updated as far as I can tell. I only tested it once at 5 minutes with both. They both held sync for a while then fell out. I tested a 2nd time with just the Osmo+ and it held sync longer but eventually jumped off sync. Then around 9 mins 22 seconds when a new file was created (it had hit the 4gb limit in file size for the sd format), there was an unfortunate ~1 sec. break in the video, but the audio jumped back in sync.

Anyway, the firmware is updated...as of 9/28/16 here's the firmware:

Osmo = 1.6.2.10
App 2.9.1 (472)

Osmo+ = 1.1.0.30

2016-9-28
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 390863 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Wow you have alot of the same problems I have with the OSMO+

I also have the OSMO and OSMO+. I bought the OSMO+ and was going to sell the old one to a friend
now I am wondering if the OSMO+ can really do what I need it to do.

I also have the same aperture bug where it never changes.

The AF on the OSMO+ is horrible, I cant make heads or tales out of how it works except if I click on the green square it will focus on that point.
Does it hold that focus if I move away? is it always focusing on whatever is under that green box? Please DJI tell us how it works.
Also I would like to lock the focus at infinity like how the first OSMO was setup.

The zoom in the DJI app is way to slow, thanks for the tip about using the trigger and joystick

I wish there was a way to turn off the saving of low res videos to the phone so it didnt take up space.

No lens cap, really DJI WTH were you thinking? That is such a simple basic part to include.

Also have you run into the Pan skipping problem? see this thread (http://forum.dji.com/thread-64343-1-1.html)

Another problem I have is the App will cut out and display no picture. Some times I have to restart the phone (S7) or restart the OSMO once or twice.
The App is connected and displaying other information from the OSMO just no picture and this isn't wifi interference this will happen when I am in the middle of no where, 2000 meters up the side of a mountain with out even cell reception let alone another another wifi hotspot or even another human in 100 meters.

In the end I like the OSMO+  I can live with lots of the problems but the lack of information about the auto focus and missing a few AF features really disappoint me and I feel it will wreak an important video to me one day.
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for the feedback, we'll improve on it

To OP, please don't include "DJI" letters in your user name unless you're working for DJI. Thank you.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-SMD
New
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-29 01:49
Thanks for the feedback, we'll improve on it

To OP, please don't include "DJI" letters in your user ...

Thank you DJI-Thor for your response.

I took out the Osmo+ to an actual shoot last night and sadly 1/2 the clips are out of focus. Very disappointing. Anytime the camera focuses on something up close and then you pull away it does not automatically readjust focus which is infinitely frustrating. Real time focus was on and the green AF box was toggled once to focus on the up-close object but never readjusts after that unless you manually tap the screen again I guess. These issues were not on the original Osmo that I also have here with me. I'm fairly confident that these issues I listed in the OP will be addressed or fixed "eventually" but in the meantime, I'm torn as to whether I need to return it or not since it "might" never get fixed or take a long time. I should note that when you zoom in or out the AF does adjust once you hit your end point. But without using zoom, the AF is unpredictable.

I did have connection issues as the other post reported with my phone as well, occasionally dropping out, although the camera would continue recording thankfully. My original Osmo will be sent back tomorrow because I had to return it in under 30 days since I'm replacing it with the "new" Osmo, but now I'm 50-50 on whether to keep the Osmo+. Again, I'm sure you'll address some of these issues, but if that day is next month or a few months from now, then I'll probably return it and test out other options in the meantime (Karma grip, and perhaps other single hand gimbals that work with A7s cameras that I have). I really really want to love this and while it "can" be promising, the new release is frustrating me more on a professional level since that is how we use it. I have a couple weeks left to "test" it, but if you have ANY suggestions at all on how any of my issues (namely the AF issue) can be helped, I'm all ears.

Thank you for your time. Also, I tried switching my user name to something else but it keeps saying username not available (even if I type in something obscure which couldn't possibly be taken already). I'll try again I guess another time.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

DJI-SMD Posted at 2016-9-30 08:47
Thank you DJI-Thor for your response.

I took out the Osmo+ to an actual shoot last night and sadly ...

Have you thought about trying Osmo Mobile? If you have a phone with a decent camera, that would be a good choice.

It's really up to you, you can always return and buy it later when you feel the product has met your expectations.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-SMD
New
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-29 19:26
Have you thought about trying Osmo Mobile? If you have a phone with a decent camera, that would be  ...

Thanks again for your response. I have thought about it and, well, it's complicated. In short, I run a wedding video company here in los angeles and we have 3 sony a7s cameras and I was primarily looking for something I could string on my belt (or in this case a belt holster) and use really quick for dramatic fast moving stabilized shots. I'm aware of the Osmo Mobile and while I have one of the best camera phones around (Galaxy S7) and it doesn't explode I don't think I could bring that out on a shoot and feel professional about it. As good as it might be (probably very similar to the Osmo), I don't know that I could keep a straight face if a couple/client were to ask if I was really shooting part of their video with my phone. So we didn't go that way.

Truthfully the Karma grip was interesting to me only because of the convenience of having a built in monitor, albeit a tiny one, so I could literally grab and go at a moments notice or when I get that "whim" to shoot a particular long sweeping steadicam shot without having to fiddle with my phone as well. I've also debated the Osmo Pro but couldn't justify the price given the limited times that we'd be using it every week. My only hesitation with the Karma grip solution was that Osmo footage was undoubtedly better than Hero4 Black footage in online comparisons. We'll find out soon enough if the Hero5 is any better. I can see myself getting a DJI Mavic this month as we travel frequently out of state for weddings and don't often bring our drone due to it's size and the fact that we're already packing so much gear. So I don't know. I guess in the end I just hoped the Osmo+ would work really well out of the box which is does as far as stabilizing your footage goes, but also without having the bugs/issues I listed above.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-SMD
New
United States

Have you thought about trying Osmo Mobile? If you have a phone with a decent camera, that would be  ...

I guess I should also ask...am I doing something wrong when it comes to the AF on this thing? Is it "supposed" to work like continuous AF does on other cameras? Because right now it does not. But it's a new product so maybe I'm doing something wrong??? After all, looks like Casey Neistat got the focus wrong on his Mavic as well so who knows...
2016-9-29
Use props
lukas3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 577543 ft
Czechia

DJI-SMD: Either Osmo or Mavic has NO focus ability. There is fixed focus so all objects which are farther more than let's say 20 cm are in focus without focusing.
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-SMD
New
United States

lukas3 Posted at 2016-9-30 01:12
DJI-SMD: Either Osmo or Mavic has NO focus ability. There is fixed focus so all objects which are fa ...

That may be true of the Osmo, but NOT the Osmo+

And I suspect it's not true of the Mavic either (as I saw focus issues in Casey Neistat's recent comparison video on youtube with the Phantom 4 and you can see he had focus issues with that which he later reported on twitter was just a user mistake as focus involves a bit of a learning curve as well on the Mavic.) Again, I have no way of testing that as I don't own a Mavic but with regards to the original Osmo, yes it's fixed focus. But NOT the Osmo+.

As I stated before with the Osmo+ when you move in close on an object (not with the zoom but actually physically move closer) and it locks focus on that object up close, it looks great, there's even a bit of shallow DOF going on...BUT...when you pull away objects which are far away are NOT in focus and are very blurry and don't often come into focus unless you physically tap your phone's screen to manually tell the camera to refocus. Again, my issues are with the OSMO+, not the original Osmo for which I didn't experience any focus issues (beyond the fact that when you get in close to a subject the minimum focus distance is noticeably more on the Osmo than the new Osmo+, which is one big advantage of the Osmo+). Too bad that the AF ruins that fun when you pull away.
2016-9-30
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

lukas3 Posted at 2016-9-30 16:12
DJI-SMD: Either Osmo or Mavic has NO focus ability. There is fixed focus so all objects which are fa ...

I have opened a ticket with Support but they didnt seem to under stand the question.
How can I lock the focus on the OSMO+ @ 22mm and have everything in focus like on the original OSMO so I can walk around in nature on a trail or on the street and have everything in focus that is more than a meter away?

Also it would be nice if DJI released some guides on how to use the focus system in the OSMO+ or is it just broken? It must have been tested before you guys released it? right?
2016-9-30
Use props
bse5f8GcnQNQ
lvl.1

I'm having crazy issues with wifi connection.  I have tried 5ghz and 2.4ghz - neither offer a stable connection.  This is sort of making this entire device unusable - is this a known issue?  Is a fix coming?
2016-9-30
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HellFire77 Posted at 2016-10-1 02:41
I have opened a ticket with Support but they didnt seem to under stand the question.
How can I loc ...

I agree - I am new to the OSMO having just purchased the OSMO+ and I don't understand the focusing at all.  Sometime shots are in focus and others are not.  I switch between metering and autofocus as other posts suggest  - I think it works, looks OK on screen, then when reviewing footage everything appears soft and out of focus.

I keep playing, but am getting more an more aggravated with the focus.  I get better "quality" from my $100 canon camcorder in HD than this device in 4K.  Granted, I could be doing something wrong, but I will be damned if I can figure it out.

Love the stabilization though....
2016-9-30
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

dennish Posted at 2016-10-1 08:31
I agree - I am new to the OSMO having just purchased the OSMO+ and I don;t understand the focusing ...

"I keep playing, but am getting more an more aggravated with the focus." Dennish

I feel the same way. Just like other people have said if you get up close to something focus on it and pull away its no longer in focus. Its not auto focusing for you. If you compare this to a DSLR lens this is normal. What I want is to lock the focus on infinity like on the original OSMO.

I did side by side comparason of my Original OSMO and the OSMO+ and the original OSMO is sharper across the board. Right now I am really regretting spending as much money as I did on the OSMO+.

2016-9-30
Use props
d.tomasi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15968 ft
Brazil

I just bought an osmo+ thinking that I will make really nice timelapses... first.... its always out of focus, or loosing focus, it doesnt take .DNG files, only jpg...
and the result is meh... another thing... spherical panorama... please but in focus, because I will use it professionally!
I would love to love the osmo+
look at my out of focus timelapse, yes, I tapped the screen...
2016-10-1
Use props
lukas3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 577543 ft
Czechia

d.tomasi: It was motion timelapse? Or the camera move spontaneously to the right side?
2016-10-3
Use props
d.tomasi
lvl.3
Brazil

Lukas, it was a motion timelapse!
2016-10-3
Use props
d.tomasi
lvl.3
Brazil

But as you can see on this clip, I just point the osmo to that pole and it moves up and down like breathing... it doesnt stay freezed
speed is 4x to see the movement
here: and here:
And a panorama allways out of focus...
See here:
http://www.panolab.com.br/wp-content/uploads/panoramas/teste.html
:S
And a panorama that I've made with my phantom 3 that I think the quality of the camera are the same, right? All in focus, crisp, sharp and beautyful.
http://spacelabfilmes.com.br/Pano/minhacidade.html

The ability to zoom just messed all the focus? If we have ability to manually set the aperture to 16, or maybe 22 would help I think.

DJI-Thor, what you say?

2016-10-3
Use props
ari_za
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Oh dear. Just ordered an OSMO+ and read this post...

1) No lens cap? Cmon DJI what the hell? When you're paying $600+ you expect a bloody lens cap. Besides if you're going to tout something as "+" then at least make it have what the last one had...
2) There really needs to be an option to disable digital zoom in the Go app settings. Almost no professional user will ever touch digital zoom, ever. Which is surely the target market. Besides, how hard can it be. Hopefully this will come in a future software update.
3) The AF issues sound extremely irritating.. hopefully again a software update will sort these out.
4) Audio sync issues. This has been fixed in the past with software updates, so no doubt they will fix it.. Just a matter of when.. I would have hoped the OSMO+ would have already had the fix considering the original OSMO had this problem already..

Please DJI. Chat to your dev team
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-SMD
New
United States

After much debate, I've decided to return my Osmo+. It's a tough call because it's obviously a very capable stabilizer. But sadly I haven't heard or seen any response to my inquiries about the issues mentioned in the Original Post above beyond the "we'll improve on it" post and the "maybe try Osmo Mobile" (which I do appreciate btw). I understand it's just a forum here and it's hard to be specific with issues/fixes, but it's hard not to sense the "it is what it is" feeling rather than a pro-active addressing of each issue, which is a bummer. While DJI might be working on issues, without clear communication to it's customers its hard to know what they're working on and when users can expect issues to be fixed. I realize some of the issues might be chalked up a to a new way of doing things, as in a new workflow users will have to adopt, more than an actual "issue" or problem with the product, however, with out any clarification or explanation its tough to gauge what's fixable and whats going to stay.

I recommend the original Osmo as it's a very solid performer with all the kinks worked out pretty much, I can't recommend the Osmo+. Despite the best feature of the Osmo+ (in my opinion of course) being it's noticeably improved minimum focus distance which allows a user to get close to subjects and create more artistic shots, while the stabilization is equally capable vs. the original Osmo, the Osmo+ has many little things that leave me again wondering if it was released too early. It's not a monumental jump over the Osmo (original) so if you're thinking of jumping in, I'd suggest the original over the Osmo+. I do hope DJI addresses some of the issues I mentioned in the original post above, and if they do, I might one day revisit it. It's a bummer, but what can you do.

2016-10-5
Use props
d.tomasi
lvl.3
Brazil

how do I turn off AF?
2016-10-7
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-6 15:21
Hi, please turn off the AF funciton for now. Then it should work just like an Osmo.

Ya how do we turn off the AF or put it in manual mode?
2016-10-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

33.jpg

Hi, turn off this
2016-10-10
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

DJI-SMD Posted at 2016-10-6 06:50
After much debate, I've decided to return my Osmo+. It's a tough call because it's obviously a ver ...

Sorry to hear your decision, you're welcome to come back to the DJI forum and check our latest products from time to time.
2016-10-10
Use props
d.tomasi
lvl.3
Brazil

Thank you Thor!
And about the Drift problem?
I have hit bug when trying to make long exposure shots, like panoramas at night...
Look this picture
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AvKYbBP8qfu5gatf6lG0Nn8RBF82cg
2016-10-11
Use props
Dinglehead
lvl.1

I don't see this option on mi iPhone....  I have the latest version of the software.  Any idea whats up?
2016-10-11
Use props
DJI-SMD
New
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-11 00:31
Sorry to hear your decision, you're welcome to come back to the DJI forum and check our latest pro ...

Thanks DJI-Thor. Tough decision, but I appreciate your responses here on this thread.

As for your other products, I've already got a pre-order in on the Mavic Pro so I'm excited with what DJI is coming up with and can see this being a real benefit to our wedding productions where we have to travel out of state and want to keep bulk at a minimum. Excited.
2016-10-11
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Dinglehead Posted at 2016-10-12 08:27
I don't see this option on mi iPhone....  I have the latest version of the software.  Any idea wha ...

For some reason it's only in Android, we'll communicate with R&D team
2016-10-12
Use props
crypto
New
United Kingdom

DJI-SMD Posted at 2016-10-11 21:19
Thanks DJI-Thor. Tough decision, but I appreciate your responses here on this thread.

As for your other products, I've already got a pre-order in on the Mavic Pro so I'm excited with what DJI is coming up with and can see this being a real benefit to our wedding productions where we have to travel out of state and want to keep bulk at a minimum. Excited.

Hi, interesting posts.  I've been using the OSMO for about 9 moths now and am thinking of buying an OSMO+.  I found the quality from the OSMO to be superb especially when used to film some of my Drones in flight (Phantom 1 + 2 + Inspire 1 v2.0 X5R camera) however although the OSMO is great for closeups it would benefit from a zoom.

Do you know if some of the issues you and others posted about, i.e. autofocus and gimbal hunting have been resolved?  I'm finalising my gadget list for a holiday and have a purchasing decision to make.

Thanks
2017-3-11
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

crypto Posted at 2017-3-11 14:36
Hi, interesting posts.  I've been using the OSMO for about 9 moths now and am thinking of buying an OSMO+.  I found the quality from the OSMO to be superb especially when used to film some of my Drones in flight (Phantom 1 + 2 + Inspire 1 v2.0 X5R camera) however although the OSMO is great for closeups it would benefit from a zoom.

Do you know if some of the issues you and others posted about, i.e. autofocus and gimbal hunting have been resolved?  I'm finalising my gadget list for a holiday and have a purchasing decision to make.

There's a rumour that the new handle which will use the new cameras (X4 and X5S) is coming out.... I'd hold out for that if I were you!

I'm chuffed to bits with my Osmo+
2017-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules