Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO App for Windows 10 Mobile
19117 13 2016-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Guys, I know there are a lot of threads regarding this topic, but I want to write my thoughts on this!

Windows 10 is running on more than 400 million active devices* and I think it's time to use the great opportunity of the Windows Universal App Concept to bring the DJI GO App to our Windows eco-system! A few months ago Microsoft has also announced a iOS->Windows Phone bridge to simply port any iOS app without great efforts. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are the most common examples which already use this feature and it works great. So why is DJI not going the same way?

The only thing which currently prevents me from buying a DJI Drone is the lack of a Windows 10 Mobile app. I don't want to pay additional $200+ for an Android device which I don't need except for using the drone. At the price point of e.g. a PHANTOM 4 you simply don't want to pay these extra bucks just for a display solution.

Who else agrees? Would be great to read your comments :-)
Source: http://news.microsoft.com/bythenumbers/windows-ten
2016-9-28
Use props
bianko3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238130 ft
Italy

Yes! We need it! And we are a lot with this request! Please DJI tell us something about an App for Windows!
2016-10-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Being DJI 'aligned' with Apple, you will Never see any Windows Go app. Promise... Hahaha

Do you envision any other choice?

RedHotPoker
2016-10-1
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

I see no reason why DJI should not use the iOS->Windows Phone Bridge from Microsoft to port their DJI Go App with a few simple clicks*

[*] Okay it's a little more than that, but basicly it's no big deal. Please DJI go follow Developers like Facebook or Twitter and use the opportunity
2016-10-4
Use props
rayFX
New
Flight distance : 40246 ft
Germany

100% agree - please release DJI GO as a Windows 10 UWP!
2016-10-4
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

I've updated to original post with the latest numbers! Windows 10 is now running on more than 400 million active devices.
2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Microsoft is going to ditch their mobile system soon. You can go to any major recruitment sites and search "Windows Mobile developer" jobs, and see what you get.  Windows phone aims to be the next BlackBerry,  except BlackBerry's dead now.
So unless DJI is a charity, it's not going to have a Windows Mobile app.
2016-10-6
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-6 11:20
Microsoft is going to ditch their mobile system soon. You can go to any major recruitment sites and  ...

Yeah, but what we ask for is a UWP-App. An app which is working on any Windows 10 device (PC, laptop, tablet & mobile phone). You reach millions of devices and everyone is happy. If you don't whant to build a Windows app, what about helping third-party developers to port your DJI Go App or build an alternative?

This attitude is exactly what has really killed this nice operating system - Windows 10 Mobile is not that bad everyone thinks :-(
2016-10-6
Use props
Vato Grande
lvl.1

Yes, PLEASE.  I just ordered the Mavic and realized that there is no Windows 10 Mobile / Universal app.  Even a Windows SDK would be great, I will write the app myself.  I would rather not have to find an old iPhone or Android device just to fly my new drone.
2016-10-8
Use props
MegaTom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425151 ft
United States

I wanna fly my mavic with my surface book so bad!
2016-11-25
Use props
fans1b5be5bb
New
United States

Hi,
Just joined, so I'm not sure if my previous post came up.

BUT:  The PC is a powerful platform, and can run an android simulator on Windows 10.   So you actually already have the ability to use your surface pro.

D
2017-5-28
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

fans1b5be5bb Posted at 2017-5-28 09:21
Hi,

Have you tried it? I don't know if it will work, I have tried bluestacks for several apps but always had some limitations...
2017-5-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans1b5be5bb Posted at 2017-5-28 09:21
Hi,

Most people consider an iPad Air 2 is a bit on the large size to attach to the RC unit, how do you envisage attaching a Surface Pro?
2017-5-28
Use props
fans0faf9382
New
Flight distance : 16640 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-5-28 23:16
Most people consider an iPad Air 2 is a bit on the large size to attach to the RC unit, how do you envisage attaching a Surface Pro?

I use a iPad pro 12" with my Mavic and it works just fine.

I had to make a mounting bracket for it.
2017-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules