Video Transmission issues with X3 or X5 ? Try These Suggestions !
12Next >
10210 68 2016-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I have  read many of the  issues regarding the X3 and  or X5 on your Inspire's Video Transmission - I just want to give some tips until DJI has a update  for those with trouble.  I just took mine out and had ZERO  issues and want to give my settings to see if it will help others.  I did fly out quite a way's ( Over 1 mile )  just to show I was not in Ideal conditions, I live  and fly  on the Outskirst of Lansing- East Lansing Michigan so this was not done out in some remote corfield.  Many of you may have already done some of these and still have trouble,  and I am sorry.  
  FYI I have an Inspire 1 version 2 with the X3 and X5 camera systems and two remotes using Latest Go app and I pad Pro with GPS and Cell  and a I pad pro without GPS and cell-  both work perfect.  I get MILES of distance In the right enviroment.

-Video problems that occur directly after an update to the Aircraft and  Or RC transmitter  are usually a  caused by  an  older go app device , I have seen this 50 times , if you did the update correctly and suddently problems with video and it worked perfectly an hour or day before , look at the go app device as the more than likely culprit .  And No you cannot rollback to a version of firmware on the Aircraft that is not in order .  In other wrods if you updated to 1.10 you can only go back to 1.9. not back to 1.6.  The RC is another story but wont do you any good to rollback 2 or 3 updates  on that for the most part as the AC and RC MUST be on compatible firmware .  

ONE BIG PROBLEM THAT PILOTS HAVE IS THAT THEY ARE NOT USING AN  APPROVED GO APP DEVICE, THIS IS ACTUALLY A FLUID SITUATION. FOR EXAMPLE THE I -PAD MINIS 1-3 WORKED JUST FINE IN THE PAST BUT UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS WILL ONLY SQUEEK BY NOW . THIS IS BECAUSE THE SIGNAL ENCRYPTION HAS BECOME  MORE COMPLEX AND THE GO APP DEVICES PROCESSOR CANT KEEP UP ANY MORE .   IF YOU CAN GET AN I PAD AIR OR PRO .    (IF YOU CAN, GET THE PRO -STANDARD SIZE  WITH GPS AND CELL AND 128 MB OF MEMORY get the A-9 or a10 processor  )  THIS  WORK THE BEST IN MY HUMBLE OPINION FOLLOWED By the Air .

NOT really Listed by order of Importance  Keep in Mind , it may take ONE or ALL of the suggestions to work , usually there is one or two compounding culprits.
First some housekeeping :

Take a Moment and make sure you have clean contactes bewtween the camera and the Gimbal , take a rubber eraser and clean the contacts and also  clean the contacts with some Alcohol or electronics contact cleaner ,  wipe the contacts with a electroniocs type" q" tip or a wipe with very little lint .  Take yout time and do a thourough jod, do not bend or break anything -also make sure the cable from the Gimbal to the Aircraft is seated and not kinked or not seated all the way into the socket, look closely use a flashlight and manifying glass .

Also look for " Witness Marks "  think of these as like footprints in the  snow , proof that something is there.  In this case look at the Cameras flat Mounting  board ( Pic below ) make sure that you see contact marks on the copper , these should be even marks on all the copper circuit tabs . This is to make sure the two contact points on the  are meshing well .  
*** I have a picture  at bottom of page , sometimes loosening the screws  ( the two phillips ) just a little bit , say I turn each then re installing can give a better connection , only do this if having picture fading in and out , like loose connection .
Also be sure to inspect  the 2 flat black cables from the Vibration board to the Aircraft itself , look for any crimps or not securly seated, you will need to move the vibration board aroujd and I suggest doing theis with the Camera OFF the vibration board .  Look closely .

-If flying and notice a dropout of  video siganal   at say over one quarter mile , re orientate the AC so it is pointing  squarly directly at you or away from you , ( YOU SHOULD ALWAYS TRY TO STAY ORIENTATED TO THE AIRCRAFT WITH THE AC AND RC. (remeber to keep as much of an unbroken laser beam between the AC and RC  )  the antennas on the aircraft are located on the VERY front and VERY back of the aircraft, so try to keep these pointing directly back to the RC transmitter .  Keep the RC antennas  pointing  vertically directly at the Aircraft at all times to get the best reception , I have seen pilots get tired and the RC transmitter and antennas are basically pointing  down to the ground, hold it up  high as if the Lanyard that came with your system that No one uses was still on there.  STAY ORIENTATED ON THE AIRCRAFT, I try to keep the radar ( I know it is just t a symbol and not radar )  and the RC on the vertical line of the radar.
-watch video in post #2

-If you do decide to rollback the FW to the previous one ( LIKE I  SAID EARLIER IF AT 1.10 CAN ONLY GO TO 1.9, can only go back one FW update in sequence  ) be sure that you also do a full calibration to your system . Rolling Back  and then updating again can sometimes be helpful to fix  video issues.

- When rollingback or updating for the love of Pete , make sure that only one is running ( updating)  at a time, if you are updating the RC leave the Aircraft OFF and Vicea versa, trust me in the beginning ( here on the forum )  this was a huge problem on this forum becasue having them both updating at the same time can corrupt the Video module on the AC  and give the dreaded , "Device not Detected on lines 0800 and 1500 on the hidden file of the SD card.  Then the only wayto fix is send it in to DJI.  So avoid that please.  And when Updating the Aircraft is always FIRST

Those  who have  video trouble may wish to do the 32 channel Update Or "Hack "  ("  Hack" is an ugly Obtuse word )   EDIT - try and put you video to custom mode and try channel 20, you can also then adjust the Video trans bit to a lower  rate as well, slide to the left  for best range )   Channel 20 does not share as many  wi -fi bands in the USA like channel 13-19 do . Just another thing to "try " and see if it helps.  If still having trouble go to "You tube 32 hannel  Hack" , there are several How to Videos   there.  Make sure your PC has a Win RAR  extract program if you try to load it .  But like I say try Channel 20 in Custom Mode .  This Update "hack"  will NOT effect Control of the aircraft so dont worry about that , the update is only for Video Transmission . If you do update it and dont like it it can be deleted in 2 minutes so dont worry.

-  Once Again -  Dont use the Auto setting if you are having trouble , try and pick a quiet channel and test it out . This has solved many problems .  Channel 20 is noramlly a relatively quiet frequency ,  normally  ( sometimes does ) WI FI does not operate on this channel and is usually a good starting point to improve Video tranmission .  ****some areas of the world cant use custom channels ....sorry .

- On the HD settigns page of go app :  Be sure to lower the Bit rate to the Left as well to improve signal , sometimes if it is set at to high a value, the processor cant keep up and the siganl gets lost , this has solved many issues  with por siganl dropout . .  You will only be able to see this if you can go into CUSTOM mode , if you are in a country  ( like the UK for example) that does not allow Custom mode then you will not see this option.  ( I have heard that if you re set the Rc and Use the USA as your homecountry that it will work , Like I said Not sure on this  just what I heard, do this for testing purposes if you wish )

-If you are using an apple device, I pad Etc.  be sure to "Enable Hardware Decode " this helps take some of the load off the processor.  This is under General Settings . Andoid users wont have this option. Also  this works better with older "A" And "B" transmitters .  from what I hve read "C" transmitters distribute the processing more evenly betweeen the RC and Go app so migh not have to Enable Hardware decode on this one BUT cant hurt either .

- If I record I do it on the SD card,   so  "disable" the "Record " feature on the General Settings of the Go app  and also clear the Video Cache  as well . This has worked great for many who have done it . Thsi jsut stop recording to the go app device and NOT affecting the SD recording.

- Make sure the Go app is the Only thing running  on the Device .....  double check this .

- Maks sure you dont keep the last update on the SD card and fly with It , I heard a report that this can cause some video issues.... Not sure but you dont need it on there anyway so remove it or format the SD card.

- Make sure that you have full charges on the Go App device, RC and AC when testing your system.  

- I have heard some having trouble with the SD card causing  glitches in the video.  Try a new one ( SD card )  if you can and make sure it is not over 64 gb and is the proper rating as well.  Specs are on the DJI page  .

-Make sure the cable between the Go app and the RC is of good quality and reliability. Having a good cable is a MUST! dont skimp here .

- Please only use approved go app devices , the one that was NOT APPROVED  worked before you say...... keep in mind there have been a lot of updates and more complicated encryption . So bottom line make sure you are using approved devices.  The DJI system is optimized toward apple devices,   Once again , I dont make the rules I am just letting you know what works best.

- When Fireing  up the system be sure to start with the RC Transmitter, then the Aircraft and the GO APP last , the Go app device can be on but dont open the App till last.  Make sure that you clearly hear the " Home Point Recorded" at this point, that way you can hear any warnings called out from the Go  App if there is trouble.  Some say this does not matter ( the order )  but I have personally seen the Go app lock up if opened in the wrong sequence . ( LIke I  always say , gather all the data and do what you feel is best )  . IF having trouble  wiht getting all thigs to wrk, like say the  bar graph  on the HD or RC siganl is not coing up or other starge things try this .  Withe the entire system up and running simp;y unlpug the Go app device from the Rc fro 5 seconds and then Plu it back in. This will usualloly bring things back up and running .  I notice this On I pads running  version 11.1 or 11.2  or go app 3.1..  Or if you ever get wonky reading son the go app this little trick will clear them up.......sometimes.

- If you can avoid it ,dont keep removing the Camera off the aircraft, leave  it on , the more times it comes on and off the more likely a pin or wire is going to get bent .   I find the best way to support the aircraft when installing the camera is to put it in the case with the fuselage in the top of the case.  ( gonna have to try it out to see what I mean )  this way it is supported and you can line up and lock it in properly. 99.9% of the time my X3 is on the Aircraft, I have an X5 and only use that for some really good work shots, but if I had to I would leave it on as much as possible and use the Gimble lock.  THIS IS JUST MY PREFERENCE, IF YOU CAN DO IT GREAT , IF NOT , I GET IT .

Member Paul Mcmullen had success fixing his X5 with intermittent  video  trouble by replacing his flat cables , there are two of them form the Vibration board to the RC and are worth Inspecting  or just replacing , they are inexpensive and fairly easy to replace , Here is his post to me .

"This morning I changed Part 17 'Fast Mount Gimbal Port cable 'and transmission is now rock steady and dare I say even sharper! No Intermittent picture loss any more.
The old cables had kinks and the smaller of the two had even a bit of copper wire showing so certainly worth investigating for £3 ($4) and 30 minutes of your time (nose cone and Gimbal mount off). Probably one of the cheapest DJI spare parts as well.
The new cables are now shrouded whereas the originals are not which I am sure helps."

-  I use a simple windsurfer that I purchased on E bay , It seems to help and it does keep the antennas properly orientated, it is not for flying directly overhead so keep this in mind.  If you do get overhead , simply drop the antenna to the Horizonatal positon , not all winsufers will let you but mine does . OR
Sometimes you need to  remove the Windsurfer  during flight  ( If flying real close or directly overhead ) but it removes in a jiffy .  These are not a must but do help a bit and are a must for distance flying .
Story time regarding low poere and signal strength :
- keep in mind as the power gets low on the aircraft the video signal  will start to get funky ( at distance , not close up )  , I found this out the hard way , I was flying over lake Huron  ( in Michigan ) and filming my friends boat , it was a beautiful day and I got carried away , suddenly I heard the low battery Critical alarm ( dont know how I missed the first one but I did ) I am over water mind you and I have about 18% battery and the gear is coming down automatically , oh boy , I though I have pleanty of  Power to make it 4,00 feet home ...WRONG  at a distance of almost 4,000 feet ( still in my line of sight over water  no problem ) I start heading to shore but now I notice the video  signal , is getting garbled, coming in and out  the video  is green and dropouts etc.  I had tested low battery many times but NOT at this distance , anyway I made it to land and found an open clearing  suddenly I lost all siganl with 3% battery remaining and started walking towards the Besch grass, Lucky all was well. ( I picked a open spot of beach grass and when the Gear uato drops that craft is landing !!!!  so moral of th story at low power, say less than 20% the video Not nearly as strong, I thought it would be but it is Not .  

-On occasion do a re link of the AC and the RC top make sure you dont have a corrupted link . start by clearing any pre sets on the RC :
Try resetting the RC by using the following button combination:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller

You must now re link the AC to the RC .  

Inspire 1 =  HOW TO RE LINK ***After you do an update to the AC and Or RC you may loose connection between the RC transmitter and the aircraft .  Once you confirm that you have the proper updates on the AC and RC  go to the Remote contol Settings tab on the go app.  go to the bottom and in blue highlight it will say "Linking  Remote Controler".  Before you press that , make sure you can find the Red link button on ther aircraft , it is inside the Main fuselage behind the right top silver nose cone screw ,  ( You do NOT have to take anything apart to find it ) may need a flashlight  to see it.  Once you find it have the AC and RC on and press link button on Go app  , you will then have 60  seconds to press the red button on the aircraft, press and hold that button in firmly for about 5 seconds, let go .  You should then have a success box on the go app.   

For those new members  ( Or those who want a refresher ) , be sure to watch the Antenna video below , this is crucial for understanding your system.  

That is it - if anyone has anything to add let me know..  I realize this wont fix all problems but this is what works for me .

Donnie

-

gimbal board.png
2016-9-28
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Many of you already seen this , but for those that are new...

2016-9-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie

Thank you for taking the time to assemble all of the information regarding the video downlink issue we have been experiencing.

This is great information and everyone on the forum can benefit from the combined experiences of the Inspire 1 users.

There is a couple of minor things I see in your comments.

1> on the iOS (iPad) you do not have a choice to enable the transmission setting in Auto mode. Only have this in manual mode operation.

2> I do not have a 4K camera to use it in 1080p mode all the time. I prefer to use the camera in the highest resolution as it was designed. Otherwise you can buy one of the other (lesser) drones on the market.

3> The SD card in my tests does not have any affect on the video downlink. I have used multiple high quality chips from U1 to U3 and found no difference.

4> I have disabled the record feature and enabled this feature in my tests, thus far no difference noted.

5> I believe that outside temperature plays a roll with this issue as well. IMO, the camera module / video downlink system could be getting hot during flight under load. This could explain why in cooler temperatures the downlink works normally.

6> Not all the camera's have been affected in the same way. The X3 series seems to have more problems than the X5 camera's. (I think this is the camera processor over heating issue). The tiny fan is not cooling the transmission board enough. Again please note that this is only my opinion.

The simple fact in all of this information is the FW has changed the way our Inspire 1 system fundamentally works.  The DJI Go App now has more platforms to manage than ever. Every time we see a software update to include new model support, I wonder what could be broken with the existing equipment. We have seen this already from version 2.9, 2.91-2.92. Now with the new Mavic most likely we will see some more bugs being introduced.  I wonder if the Go App is getting to large and maybe it would be better to have dedicated software for each aircraft type thus preventing technology crossover bugs.  

We really need an answer from DJI that will correct this issue, because the work around's do not help everyone with this widespread problem.

always my best to you Donnie

Rich

2016-9-28
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-28 11:29
Donnie

Thank you for taking the time to assemble all of the information regarding the video downlin ...

O, yes I had the 32 channel with my custom setting so long I forgot that the Image Transmission slider only works in custom  mode .    I will make an addendum to that .

Maybe just try in the 1080 mode and see if it goes away for you, then you could inform DJI ken or Jamie and they can tell the powers that be.  

The challenge I have here is I have seen your video and you are  for sure freezing up and is not acceptable.  But then why is mine working Perfect ?  And I mean I did not have a single dropout in the last couple days with my settings. And I fly in 4k as well as 1080.  I dont have a 4k machine so I dont normally record or have the setting turned on   

I think I am going to continue to test and I wiil change some of the settings like the 4k ( and others )  and see if it comes back.  

I just wanted to give some ideas to those who may have issues that can be solved. If they try all of the options than at least they know it is something wrong with there camera or system Or DJI needs to update or change something..... I really dont know .

all the Best Rich

donnie

2016-9-28
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-28 11:29
Donnie

Thank you for taking the time to assemble all of the information regarding the video downlin ...

You have the Z3 also dont  you Rich ?  Just a thought because if you do I wonder if there is a conflict in the FW somewhere that needs to be addressed .  Also you dont have anyone  in your area with another X3 camera that you could try do you?  If you want I could send you mine and you could  test it out if you like

Just a thought

donnie

2016-9-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-28 10:04
You have the Z3 also dont  you Rich ?  Just a thought because if you do I wonder if there is a con ...

Hi again Donnie

no, I do not have the Z3 camera (but would like to buy one in the future)  Yes, I have a friend that has another Inspire 1. He has not been around to ask, but I hope to try his X3 sometime in the future.  

Thanks for checking.

Rich
2016-9-28
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-28 12:08
Hi again Donnie

no, I do not have the Z3 camera (but would like to buy one in the future)  Yes, I ...

Ok, if you cant get with him let me Know and I will send you mine.

donnie
2016-9-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-28 10:14
Ok, if you cant get with him let me Know and I will send you mine.

donnie

Thanks for the offer to send me your X3 Donnie.. very nice of you. I will be away for a few days and will get with my buddy and use his X3 once he gets back too.

I reset the controller again today, recal'd, then used a new lightning cable.... downloaded the new iOS 10.02  still acting up

PS, I saw the red LED show up on my battery for a second at about 65% battery. Then it went back to flashing green (weird). I played with the 32 channels but really didn't have much battery left.
Rich
2016-9-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

[quote]Donnie Posted at 2016-9-28 08:54
Many of you already seen this , but for those that are new...

TB47 battery with 18 charge cycles
AC 1.81
RC 1.6
iOS 10.02
Go App 2.92
iPad mini 4 cell/Wi-Fi version 128gig
Inspire 1 V2 X3 with SanDisk extreme plus 32gig U3 HC1

new cable (original Apple cable) today and cooler temperatures 80*F,  first flight went about 8 min with hardly any drop outs. Then it started. So I parked into a hover and checked the HD signal and it was on channel 14 with the slider in the worse position. So I went to manual and put it on channel 10 with the best signal transmission. No more drop outs for the rest of the flight of 4mins.

The problem today seemed to be in the HD Auto mode changing to the worst possible transmission signal choice. I just happen to catch it when it happened. Changed to manual with a new channel and best signal choice then it cleared up again

Rich
2016-9-29
Use props
Vanderlav
New

Venezuela

Hi people i have a problem with my New DJI inspire 1 pro. as a Beginner on this i tried to update the Rc and the aircraft but i made a mistake without knowing it, and the mistake was to Update the Rc first that the aircraft. i was stuck in travel mode and i was not able to exit of that mode, well i talked to a DJi assistant and helped me out with that i Downgraded the RC and i was able to link again the AC with the RC. OK guys now the problem that i have is that i want to update the Aircraft to the latest Firmware version, i did all the steps exactly as shown for dji tutorials. i downloaded the Zip file then i extract the .bin file i put it into the sd card and then in aircraft, i turn on the Aircraft but after that is not beeping sound of the updating or something i tried with the v1.8.1.00 but nothing happens. i don't know what to do now please can somebody help me with this. thanks
2016-10-1
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Vanderlav Posted at 2016-10-1 11:15
Hi people i have a problem with my New DJI inspire 1 pro. as a Beginner on this i tried to update th ...

Ok, read my tips page first.  Be sure you are formatiing the SD card on the Aircraft or on a PC, dont use a MAC.  ALSO very important that youare using the correct download, I will give  a link to the Pro and Raw page , make sure you load the PRO firmware and not the RAW or standard, this may be the problem .  The version numbers look alike but they are different versions of firmware.  If you own the PRO make sure you get that download .  
Make sure in the future that you always load theAircraft ( AC ) before the ( RC) transmitter.   even if the RC says it has a download ready , check on the site and see if there is one for the aircraft , if so download that one first.  

Here you go http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

http://www.dji.com/inspire-1-pro-and-raw/info#downloads

If you ever get in a pickel and need help quick e mail me at donaldjames1990@gmail.com

I will get back to you within  24 hours for sure if not a lot sooner .  

Let me know .....

donnie

2016-10-1
Use props
Vanderlav
New

Venezuela

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-1 13:36
Ok, read my tips page first.  Be sure you are formatiing the SD card on the Aircraft or on a PC, do ...

Donnie Excellent now i reached to upgrade the firmware to the latest version and the controller too. thank you so much for helping me on this. i really appreciate it.!! the problem was that i tried to install the other firmware version i choose that one on the link that you sent me and works perfectly. thank you.
2016-10-1
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Vanderlav Posted at 2016-10-1 17:03
Donnie Excellent now i reached to upgrade the firmware to the latest version and the controller to ...

That how I roll.....................Remeber that the update to the RC will not always be a matching number  ( Like 1.9 )  it is going to be 1.7 for the latest RC update, you do that via the go app device and a WI -FI signal.  

Glad I could help you !

donnie
2016-10-1
Use props
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3784321 ft
  • >>>
United States

I followed your steps perfectly (except I could not choose anti-flicker to "auto" the setting is locked at 50 and could not be changed).  There is absolutely no appreciable difference in the lousy video feed.  The video stream remains broken, choppy, delayed, black and white, green, and completely unusable.  I will add that I tested using the Go app version 3.0.
2016-10-2
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

David Bartenfie Posted at 2016-10-2 13:36
I followed your steps perfectly (except I could not choose anti-flicker to "auto" the setting is loc ...

What are you using for go app ? and how old is your system?  Ever had any hard landings or anything ?  also can you try another devie for the Go App ?  the Go app uses a lot of power and have seen systems that worked fine with earlier versions of FW but as they got more encrypted it was harder for the processor to keep up.  
Could you borrow a friends x3 and see if it goes away ?  
Once again sorry for the troubles , I know it sucks.  

donnie

2016-10-2
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

David Bartenfie Posted at 2016-10-2 13:36
I followed your steps perfectly (except I could not choose anti-flicker to "auto" the setting is loc ...

It wont work for everyone, it is just strange how mine and others work great and others have trouble,  I hope that there is some type of fix on the Horizon.  Perhaps you just have a broken unit and it may have to be sent in.  I hope that is not the case.

Be sure to check the wiring harness from the Gimbal to the aircraft, if these get loose they can cause the Black and Green type problems, I would inspect them very closely or replace your gimbal cables , there are two of them and are under 20 dollars for both.  
question : when you record on the Sd card is it perfect ?  or does it have the smae type of flaws in the picture.  If it is flawed then the camera itself is the problem, If it is perfect wee need to consider other things.

sorry you are having trouble

donnie
2016-10-2
Use props
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-2 14:39
What are you using for go app ? and how old is your system?  Ever had any hard landings or anything ...

I have 2 Inspires and have already tried swapping out the X3 cams without any improvement.  I am using iPad Air 2 and Go App 3.  I am about to try downgrading the Go App.

Both Inspires are less than a year old.
2016-10-2
Use props
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-2 14:43
It wont work for everyone, it is just strange how mine and others work great and others have troubl ...

Yes.  The SD card recording is perfect.  And keep in mind, both Inspires have the identical same issue.  The older inspire and RC have need been upgraded beyond 1.8.  I may try rolling it back further.  I have examined the video harnesses.  It would be extremely unlikely both became "loose" simultaneously.
2016-10-2
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

David Bartenfie Posted at 2016-10-2 14:02
Yes.  The SD card recording is perfect.  And keep in mind, both Inspires have the identical same i ...

You can only rollback one update.  If you are say at 1.9 the farthest you can roll is 1.8   Believe me I have tried and am pretty good with this stuff.  The RC is another matter of course.

That is why I think It may be the Go app device or cables, like you said unusual for both to be doing it . Looking for the common denominator. ( besides FW )

sorry man best of luck ....let em know if you find anything.  

donnie
2016-10-2
Use props
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-2 15:10
You can only rollback one update.  If you are say at 1.9 the farthest you can roll is 1.8   Believe ...

Wait.  I just tested the V1 on the iPad with firmware never updated from 1.8 and 1.6.  It seemed to work perfectly.  
2016-10-2
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

David Bartenfie Posted at 2016-10-2 14:34
Wait.  I just tested the V1 on the iPad with firmware never updated from 1.8 and 1.6.  It seemed t ...

That is  part of my setup .....

cool

donnie
2016-10-3
Use props
Vanderlav
New

Venezuela

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-1 13:36
Ok, read my tips page first.  Be sure you are formatiing the SD card on the Aircraft or on a PC, do ...

Hello Donnie, sorry for bother you again, but i have bought separately the extra controller for the inspire 1 pro. the question is do you have any tutorial or something to start from 0 on how to configure the extra controller also called the slave controller.?
2016-10-3
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Vanderlav Posted at 2016-10-3 06:51
Hello Donnie, sorry for bother you again, but i have bought separately the extra controller for th ...

(Below is a video that may help once you get the RC transmitters version of firmware to match  and the MUST match) First thing ,  I would hook up the slave to the Go app ( Aircraft is off )  and go to the "About Page " and see what version it is currently on .  If the slave is on at least  version 1.3 then you can updcate the slave via the Go app to 1.6 or 1.7  (  or other, just make sure it matches the Master )  If the Slave is not on at least version 1.3 let me know and I will provide you with a file ( SEE MY NEXT POST TO YOU BELOW )  that you will load to a Thumb drive and you will update the RC Transmitter via the USB port.  

Lets start here.

Also remeber that once you a have matching firmware on the RC transmitters, (master and slave) that  you then Find the Master RC via the Remote Control Settings on the Go app wuith both Master and Slave RC on , YOU DO NOT LINK THE SLAVE TO THE AIRCRAFT the slave talks to the master for all controls and has a direct video link to the Aircraft ONLY .   

Let me know if you need more help

donnie

2016-10-3
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Vanderlav Posted at 2016-10-3 06:51
Hello Donnie, sorry for bother you again, but i have bought separately the extra controller for th ...

Here is the 1.3 file if your RC slave   has the basic  FW installed , this is quite common as not everyone has the latest updates, so they seem to sart ant the beginnig, or close to it .    You must have at least 1.3 to start using the GO app and the internet to start updating the RC transmitter.   If you find that it is on a version PAST 1.3 then you wont need this file .
WHAT VERSION OF FIRMWARE IS ON THE RC RIGHT NOW ?  

DONNIE

http://download.dji-innovations. ... _FW_V01.03.0020.bin

2016-10-3
Use props
Vanderlav
New

Venezuela

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-3 08:12
Here is the 1.3 file if your RC slave   has the basic  FW installed , this is quite common as not e ...

donnie im stuck again. i turn on the new remote control and i tried to see in about. the FW version of the RC but i neither can see the version. and on the top of the dji gop app says disconnected, intead of the master Rc that is perfectly linked and updated with the latest version with the aircraft the problem that i have is linking the Slave :S can you help me with that please..!!
2016-10-3
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Vanderlav Posted at 2016-10-3 20:05
donnie im stuck again. i turn on the new remote control and i tried to see in about. the FW versio ...

Check your e mail

donnie
2016-10-4
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Personal, I have many problems in the transmission of video. {:4_142:}

Back to the previous version of the aircraft solve the problem?
2016-10-15
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2016-10-15 11:14
Personal, I have many problems in the transmission of video.

Back to the previous version ...

I would adjust your settings just like mine .   This includes rolling back the RC and AC .  It solved my issues and others as well, try to  use all my settings and see if it helps .

donnie
2016-10-15
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2016-10-15 09:14
Personal, I have many problems in the transmission of video.

Back to the previous version ...

Yes roll back until DJI has a fix for the latest FW

AC 1.81
RC 1.6
iOS 10.02
Go App 2.92
Also you can read these threads

http://forum.dji.com/thread-64560-1-1.html

http://forum.dji.com/thread-62472-1-1.html

Rich
2016-10-15
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-16 00:19
I would adjust your settings just like mine .   This includes rolling back the RC and AC .  It solv ...

I must return the app version too?
2016-10-15
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2016-10-15 11:47
I must return the app version too?

You more than likely cant do that part .  Just try the rest of the suggestions .

donnie
2016-10-15
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

I followed the advice of "Mike-the-cat" and decided to see if barely touch when the camera shakes. (http://forum.dji.com/thread-65717-1-3.html)

Really to balance the gimbal caused problems in the transmission of video.

I disassembled the whole plate, cleaned connectors with rubber, removed, cleaned and reconnected the cables and now everything works perfectly.

I do not understand why this problem always happens after an update of FW. It is the second time this happens after updating the app.
2016-10-15
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

I see complaining about the problem in January: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 2&fromuid=49159

2016-10-15
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2016-10-15 12:28
I followed the advice of "Mike-the-cat" and decided to see if barely touch when the camera shakes. ( ...

Another Happy customer!! glad you have it up and running , its  hard to find just the right combination to fix the system, mine works perfect too !

Donnie
2016-10-15
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-16 03:40
Another Happy customer!! glad you have it up and running , its  hard to find just the right combina ...

I was wrong. Clean the camera connectors solved the problem of TRANSMISSION only when the camera swung, but when you fly the drone video signal today was horrible as before.

But I found another solution and this time, yes, it had everything to do with the software update!

During the flight I remembered that I had read somewhere someone saying that the app was choosing the worst frequency channel (automatic mode). I changed the settings to 'Custom' and choose the channel 17 (which showed the best signal) and done! Every signal fault has disappeared!!! The signal was clean and perfect all the time.
2016-10-17
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2016-10-17 19:36
I was wrong. Clean the camera connectors solved the problem of TRANSMISSION only when the camera s ...

Channel 20 is also very clean as well because Wi- Fi does not use this channel .  Like I said it is usually a combination of things that fix the Video transmission .

donnie
2016-10-18
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

this problem has been resolved with the latest version of the app. The image is perfect as it should be!
2016-10-19
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2016-10-19 09:00
this problem has been resolved with the latest version of the app. The image is perfect as it should ...

I would give it more than one or two test flights to be sure .  I hope it does fix it for you of course !

donnie
2016-10-19
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

David Bartenfie Posted at 2016-10-2 14:34
Wait.  I just tested the V1 on the iPad with firmware never updated from 1.8 and 1.6.  It seemed t ...

Also be sure to try channel 20 in custom mode and lower the slider for transmission rate to less data bites. see if this improves things for you if still having any problems.  Keep in mind an occasional glitch is pretty normal , not saying it should happen all the time but once in a while you just need to accept it, it wont show up on the SD card.

good luck

donnie   
2016-10-19
Use props
naildrivingman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112451 ft
United States

Hi Donnie,
I followed you flowchart to the letter and I have problems, perhaps you can help.  I rolled back my bird to 1.8 and my RC to 1.6  Both units were rolled back independent of each other and not powered on at the same time.  The bird rolled back fine, but when I rolled back the RC the Go App instructed me to refresh the RC with the bird powered on and connected to the RC, I don't ever remember seeing that prompt before when I upgraded, but I did as it said.  I now have a flashing yellow light on the bird, a solid red light on the RC and Aircraft Disconnected on the Go App.  Can you figure out what I did wrong and help me get back flying?

Thanks,
Chris
2016-10-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules