Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Transmission issues with X3 or X5 ? Try These Suggestions !
10202 68 2016-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

naildrivingman@ Posted at 2016-10-19 21:45
Hi Donnie,
I followed you flowchart to the letter and I have problems, perhaps you can help.  I roll ...

Ok, on the go app connected to the RC what version on the"about' tab  page does it say the RC is on ? if its says 1.6 that is fine , anything lower than that like 1.58 wont work. Ans you are sure the Aircraft rolled back correct ?  Just want to make sure we have matching (compatible) Firmware versions

I think what may have happened is you lost link to the aircraft and RC  , it happens, all you need to do is re- link the two.  First find the Red button on the aircraft it is inside the White fuselage on the right hand side just behind the nose of the Aircraft behind the front right silver screw, might need a flashlight.  Just be sure you know where that its at before you start, then on the RC go to remote control settings  and link RC, follow the simple directions. (Make sure AC and RC are on)

**** I have seent that stupid prompt before and wondered what that would be on there for ?

let me know

donnie
2016-10-20
Use props
naildrivingman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112451 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-20 05:23
Ok, on the go app connected to the RC what version on the"about' tab  page does it say the RC is on ...

Hi Donnie,
Thanks for getting back so quickly. I know the RC is at 1.6 and I'm almost positive the AC is at 1.8. I have already tried to link and it didn't work. The puzzling this is where the refresh instructions come from. I'm pretty sure I've not seen that before. I did not check the txt file for success notation, so I will do that first and then recheck the AC. I will report back after that.
2016-10-20
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

naildrivingman@ Posted at 2016-10-20 10:27
Hi Donnie,
Thanks for getting back so quickly. I know the RC is at 1.6 and I'm almost positive the ...

Did you do the full link with the push of the red button on the aircraft ?  If you did and it still would not work then you have the wrong version of Fimware on the Aircraft or the RC .

You currently have no connection between the AC and the RC is that correct ?  this can only be caused by a few things  so -

Double check the version on the AC make sure you are compatible  ( let me know what it is ) If you have 1.6 on the RC then you must have 1.8 ( Or 1.9 ) on the aircraft .  

Make sure that you are doing the Full Re link procedure , if you have done so what did it say  when you were done ?  did it indicate success ?

*****Are you SURE you installed the correct version of FW ?  You did not use the RAW or PRO FW did you ?  You can only use the Inspire 1 Firm-Ware ( FW ) if that is the system you have .  The version numbers look almost identical  so triple  check this !
What version do you have ? Pro or RAW or Standard ?  

donnie
2016-10-20
Use props
naildrivingman
lvl.3
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-20 10:51
Did you do the full link with the push of the red button on the aircraft ?  If you did and it still ...

OK, so I don't know why, but this time the link function (red button) worked.  So here is what I know:

Inspire 1 Standard Version (V1)
X3 Gimbal
RC:  1.6.0
AC:  1.8.1.00
Gimbal:  1.8.1.00
GoApp:  3.0.1
Fresh IMU Calibration

I haven't flown yet to test the video, but at least I am back online.

I would like to get the 32 channel hack going, but I was unable to figure it out after watching several YouTube videos.  Either I don't have the right unzip utility or I don't know how to use it.

Thanks for all your help so far!

2016-10-21
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

naildrivingman@ Posted at 2016-10-21 07:00
OK, so I don't know why, but this time the link function (red button) worked.  So here is what I k ...

Ok , So you are back in business.  Before doing the 32 channel update try channel 20 in custom mode , it really works well.  Here are some tips on the 32 channel update , first off are you using a MAC or a PC ?  If a PC make sure you have a Win RAR extract  program . Send me a reply  e- mail and I will send you a short video on how to do it  with a PC, If you are using a MAC I am not sure of the extraction process but I tunes would be the same .
Make sure you have the Win RAR program first , if not it will be a lot more confusing . Below are some basics , try this first , then if you cant get it let me know.  If you have a Mac I am not sure of the Win RAR extraction process. If you send me an e mail , I may be able to send you the file already extracted, all you would do then is  move my file to a thumb drive  and then add this directly to I tunes.  I am not sure if it will work but we could try if you have difficulty.

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

Let me know

donnie
****At very bottom  is the file  that you downloaded to your computer   double click on it to downlaod to your computer, then it should open a WIN RAR program ( Like my screen shot ) , then double click again and the file that is in my picture  below will  appear ( provided you have the Win RAR program )  ,  you will want to ADD  this configs to the GO APP via I tunes.  I sometimes just transfer the file to an  External thumb drive so I can find it easy and then just  go to I tunes and add the file from the Thumb drive . I just did this  on another of my I pads to make sure my procedure was still valid  and it worked fine.

RAR file.PNG

DJI Config File (1).rar

192 Bytes, Down times: 8

2016-10-21
Use props
naildrivingman
lvl.3
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-21 07:11
Ok , So you are back in business.  Before doing the 32 channel update try channel 20 in custom mode ...

Hi Donnie,
Thanks again for all the help.  I think I'm gonna stick to your advice until (if) something goes horribly wrong.  I'm not shooting video for hire and I would rather know and explore the GoApp settings and utilize them to the fullest before messing with the .config files and potentially causing myself heartache.

If you would be so kind (which you already have been really kind) and share with me some of your preferred internal settings of the App, that would be great.  For example

Bit transfer rate (4 to 10 Mbps)
Frames/second (50 or 60 Hz)
Cache maps in background (y/n)
Cache during video shooting (y/n)
Video cache capacity

I will study that other link you sent in depth later (the one you said may be outdated)

Thanks so much,
Chris
2016-10-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

naildrivingman@ Posted at 2016-10-21 19:57
Hi Donnie,
Thanks again for all the help.  I think I'm gonna stick to your advice until (if) somet ...

Chris

I thought you were up and running and then I saw your continued questions to Donnie...

I have put some screen shots here to help answer your questions.  I think it is time to get your Inspire going and give it a try  right ?  
Rich

IMG_7946.PNG IMG_7947.PNG IMG_7948.PNG IMG_7949.PNG IMG_7950.PNG IMG_7951.PNG IMG_7952.PNG IMG_7953.PNG
2016-10-21
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

naildrivingman@ Posted at 2016-10-20 10:45
Hi Donnie,
I followed you flowchart to the letter and I have problems, perhaps you can help.  I roll ...

You need to relink your aircraft to the RC. You'll be fine after that.
2016-10-22
Use props
naildrivingman
lvl.3
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-22 00:54
Chris

I thought you were up and running and then I saw your continued questions to Donnie...

Hi Rich,
I am up and running, just haven't given it the acid test of going airborne.  Too many things to do and not enough daylight.  I had a little trouble with the rollback of AC and RC, but all is well now thanks to Donnie's patient responses.  Thanks Rich for sharing your screen shots, they helped.

When I go airborne I will report back, but I'm not expecting any problems.

Best,
Chris
2016-10-22
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-21 20:11
Ok , So you are back in business.  Before doing the 32 channel update try channel 20 in custom mode ...

Donnie,
Off topic..... Who is the picture of? (Your new avatar)
2016-10-22
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-10-22 19:20
Donnie,

now that's the elephant in the room for sure

Rich
2016-10-22
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

naildrivingman@ Posted at 2016-10-22 18:48
Hi Rich,
I am up and running, just haven't given it the acid test of going airborne.  Too many thi ...

Great Chris, I am sure you will be okay ....  and glad you are ready to go.

Enjoy flying your Inspire !

Rich
2016-10-22
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-10-22 22:20
Donnie,

Heidi Klum, I was waiting for someone to ask !  I did it on a dare from another member , I am going to change it soon.

She is just beautiful , I must say I do enjoy looking at her .

Donnie  
2016-10-23
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-23 19:46
Heidi Klum, I was waiting for someone to ask !  I did it on a dare from another member , I am goin ...

She isn't hard to look at!!
Hmmmm..........why change it......?
2016-10-23
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Her name should be "Campbell's " because she looks. MMMM.....MMMMMM- GOOD

DONNIE
2016-10-23
Use props
naildrivingman
lvl.3
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-23 15:47
Her name should be "Campbell's " because she looks. MMMM.....MMMMMM- GOOD

DONNIE

Well now, I am really sick with a seasonal cold and I have to say given the choice between Ms Klum and a hot bowl of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup, I think I'm going with the soup.

I'm not sure, but I think my decision is related to feverish delirium, so don't take anything I say as gospel right now.
2016-10-24
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

naildrivingman@ Posted at 2016-10-24 20:31
Well now, I am really sick with a seasonal cold and I have to say given the choice between Ms Klum ...

Good one, Hope you feel better soon !

donnie

2016-10-25
Use props
johnkiax
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

Hi all. I have two Inspire 1, one PRO and one V1.0 with the modifications for work with the X5.

For a wired reason after update the software in my Inspire 1 PRO i am having some glich and problems with video transmition.
I try absolutly all: the roll back software, the downgrade, go again to the last software, change the ipad, change the camera to a X3, change the control, clean the contacts, 10 diferent memories, 10 diferent batterys.... and nothing.

When i conect the X5 to my old Inspire V1.0 this works great, the X3 too... but with video problems in my Inspire 1 PRO. Any idea? I lose the video conection and wach pixelated, maybe can be the plate where the camera is attached? This drone never take off the X5 camera because i have a BIG pelican case so this comes all togeter.

Thanks in advance

Regards
2016-12-7
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

To use 32 channel hack and transmition quality slider working we need Auto/Custom button switchable first.
If someone can't switch Auto to Custom (grayout button) needs to change device's system locale to e.g. US.
EU users have this problem.
2016-12-7
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

johnkiax Posted at 2016-12-7 14:10
Hi all. I have two Inspire 1, one PRO and one V1.0 with the modifications for work with the X5.

For a wired reason after update the software in my Inspire 1 PRO i am having some glich and problems with video transmition.

I would rollback to 1.8 on the AC and Camera and go to 1.6 on the RC.  Many members are not pleased with the latest update  because of all the Glitches in the latest update .  Try my suggestion sand be sure to rollback the RC also .

let me know

donnie
2016-12-8
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2016-12-7 15:28
To use 32 channel hack and transmition quality slider working we need Auto/Custom button switchable first.
If someone can't switch Auto to Custom (grayout button) needs to change device's system locale to e.g. US.
EU users have this problem.

Ok , I see.  Can you just make your locale the USA and work it that way ?

donnie
2016-12-8
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-8 20:53
Ok , I see.  Can you just make your locale the USA and work it that way ?

donnie

Yes, still I use US locale because Custom button and Quality slider both do work, but now I don't use 32 channels hack
2016-12-10
Use props
paulmcmullin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 847713 ft
United Kingdom

I was having Image transmission problems with my Inspire 1 (X5) tried everything but no joy.

This morning I changed Part 17 'Fast Mount Gimbal Port cable 'and transmission is now rock steady and dare I say even sharper! No Intermittent picture loss any more.
The old cables had kinks and the smaller of the two had even a bit of copper wire showing so certainly worth investigating for £3 ($4) and 30 minutes of your time (nose cone and Gimbal mount off). Probably one of the cheapest DJI spare parts as well.
The new cables are now shrouded whereas the originals are not which I am sure helps.
2017-5-8
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

paulmcmullin Posted at 2017-5-8 02:01
I was having Image transmission problems with my Inspire 1 (X5) tried everything but no joy.

This morning I changed Part 17 'Fast Mount Gimbal Port cable 'and transmission is now rock steady and dare I say even sharper! No Intermittent picture loss any more.

Wonderful , glad you found it and will add this to the list of possible fixes, thanks for sharing !

donnie
2017-5-8
Use props
Donnie "Apple"
Second Officer
United States

paulmcmullin Posted at 2017-5-8 02:01

Glad you were able to fix it . I have made a note on the main page regarding replacing the cables, thanks for the follow up

donnie
2018-1-13
Use props
fanseb91adb2
United States

I read so many problems with the "no  Video Transmission issue". I think there should be a "Class Action Law suite".   This is a clear problem with the hardware that DJI refuse to acknowledge.  What does everyone think?   I just update my Inspire 1 from firmware 1.10 to 1.11 and I got this problem now.  
2018-1-18
Use props
Donnie "Apple M
Second Officer
United States

fanseb91adb2 Posted at 2018-1-18 08:00
I read so many problems with the "no  Video Transmission issue". I think there should be a "Class Action Law suite".   This is a clear problem with the hardware that DJI refuse to acknowledge.  What does everyone think?   I just update my Inspire 1 from firmware 1.10 to 1.11 and I got this problem now.

Hard to say , with the tense of thousand of units out there , I wonder how many have problems. I do understand your frustration  as I have seen it many times .

did you happen to have the SD card loaded with the update and have the RC transmitter on at the same time?  This can cause the problem OR if you kept the SD card on the AC with the latest Firmware update o n it  and then turned on the RC transmitter.

it is not the ONY  causes but this is the ones I have found most common.
did you see the "device not  detected" on the SD card after the update ?On lines 0800 and 1500 ?  If NOT then you may ahave a diffeent problem.  Let me know
,  be sure to "reply " to me or I will not see it unless I happen to look on my page. ( bottom of the post on right side for RePLY )
donnie
2018-1-18
Use props
ccong
United States

Donnie,

I found this on my SD card   "device not  detected" on the SD card after the update ?On lines 0800 and 1500.

Thanks,
2018-1-28
Use props
Donnie - Apple 0
Second Officer
United States

ccong Posted at 2018-1-28 19:44
Donnie,

I found this on my SD card   "device not  detected" on the SD card after the update ?On lines 0800 and 1500.

Sorry to say but that means the "Encoder Module " on the camera is either corrupted or broken and MUST go in for Repair.  Wish I had better news but I have become the "de-facto " expert at this one.

** Did you just do an update by any chance and have the RC transmitter on when doing so  OR leave the update on the SD card and continue to operate with it loaded ?  These two things can cause it among other things.  I find the above themes common.

sorry

donnie
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules