Prop guards
530 5 2016-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NG Sloth
New

United States

Just curious; how many fly without the prop guards on?  I've had them on my 3 Std but plan to take them off and maybe leave them off....

Thoughts?
2016-9-28
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

hey sloth, ive tried them on several differnt units a flamewheel f450 clone to toy class and my p3s. what i found was yes in the event of a crash they saved props maybe motors. i felt it made it harder to control(on non auto pilot models) but even on my p3 and quick movements even merely leting go of the sticks David what I like to call a bell ring effect Warwick kinda bounced back and forth for a second like ringing a bell which made it more harder to control plus I felt that made it wander around a little bit not a whole lot but noticeable.

Yes it's probably safer with them on it if you're using it in close-quarters expecially around people and animals but in my personal opinion it makes the control a little harder which might result in a crash.
2016-9-28
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

My P3S did not come with them and I have no intentions of putting them on.
2016-9-28
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

One more point I would like to add with the proper adapters that are removable that have the little plate that mount under the arm I did put those on because they were kind of is a stress relief for the motors to prevent stress cracks. Every bit of weight on the Phantoms or any quadcopter is held on by the 16th Cruise under the motor and the plastic it mounts to by putting on the brackets for the prop guards it takes the stress off the Phantom body and puts it on to that bracket giving it a bigger footprint instead of little screws holding on the plastic then hey if you want to use them just pop them on
2016-9-28
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

there's a thread on that with a poll, search for it.. u will see the numbers
2016-9-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I have lost count of the number of threads that ask 'How many of you fly with prop guards on'.
2016-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules