Micro sd card full any warning
1971 12 2016-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
glazzers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374281 ft
United Kingdom

Does the DJI Go app give you any warning when the SD card in the phantom is nearly full ??
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Yes, there will be a tip pops out on the screen which says " SD card is full already". In that case, it's recommended to check the space before flight so that you could save enough files.
2016-9-29
Use props
glazzers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374281 ft
United Kingdom

many thanks
2016-9-29
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 872448 ft
United States

A while back, someone recommended that after each flight, you copy all of the contents of the sd card off onto your computer.
Then, as part of your pre-flight, reformat the card.
This does 2 things. First, it ensures that you have enough space on the card to capture everything you want. And second, if anything should happen to your quad, you haven't lost anything from a previous flight.
Seemed like good advice to me, and I've been doing that ever since.
2016-9-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There should be a warning if you take off without sad card,and a warning when your card is nearly full .
2016-9-29
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 872448 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-29 13:31
There should be a warning if you take off without sad card,and a warning when your card is nearly fu ...

I don't know if it still does, but it used to warn you if you had no sd card installed when you first fired it up.
2016-9-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

BouldersDad Posted at 2016-9-29 18:47
I don't know if it still does, but it used to warn you if you had no sd card installed when you fir ...

It's not a warning think there might be a small icon up in a corner somewhere, in litchi app they actually tell you if there is no sad card.would like a nice message which would say something like. DONT THINK YOUR SERIOUS ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY TODAY HALLMARK007 !! Lol
2016-9-29
Use props
jwt873
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

If you tap on the Aircraft Status box (where it says Ready to Fly in green) and then scroll down the menu that pops up, at the bottom it shows how much memory is free on the card.  It also gives you the option to format it.  If the card is missing, it indicates this in red text stating "No SD Card".
2016-9-29
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

jwt873@gmail.co Posted at 2016-9-29 14:49
If you tap on the Aircraft Status box (where it says Ready to Fly in green) and then scroll down the ...

My 3PA shows a message "No-SD card" on the screen of the app if the card is missing. I don't have to scroll through anything, it is right there and you can't miss it!
And I also practice removing my card after each flight and copying anything I have to my PC. Seems like it is good practice because if your are shooting at different locations, it is not so hard to scroll through all of the pictures and videos to sort them out. Sure everybody does it differently, but I make a new folder on my PC every time I fly.
2016-9-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The day before I purchased a 64gb micro sd card, I had headed out to one of my favourite haunts, to get some awesome footage.
When I tapped there record tab in camera settings, I got the dreaded message the card was full. Damn!! So I flew off just one flight battery and packed it up.

Every time I go flying now, upon returning, I download my vids and pics to my hp desktop, format the card and be ready, for next time aloft. ;-)
The included 16gb card isn't adequate for much 4K video recording.

RedHotPoker
2016-9-29
Use props
MGR57
lvl.2

United States

I didn't get a "nearly full" warning. It just said SD Card Full when I wanted to shoot video and take a pop-shot.
2016-9-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

MGR57 Posted at 2016-9-29 14:23
I didn't get a "nearly full" warning. It just said SD Card Full when I wanted to shoot video and tak ...

There is no "nearly full" warning.

If you pay notice to how many mg your empty card is, then you will also know when it gets nearly full.
The Go app keeps a running account.

RedHotPoker
2016-9-29
Use props
MGR57
lvl.2

United States

No, I wasn't saying I was looking for a "nearly full" warning.  I was telling the poster that the app just say SD Card Full when it's full.  Thanks, though, for the reply.
2016-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules