horizon not straight, image tilt
2215 9 2015-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
owen.email
lvl.3
Flight distance : 267316 ft
United Kingdom

Second time out today, flew like a dream. Did IMU, compass calibration and set to follow mode for camera. Can't understand why the horizons not straight and most of images taken show a tilt.  Had same problem on yesterdays first flight. Have phantom vision2 + and images are always straight. I'm I missing something?
2015-2-1
Use props
drklion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2712825 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is off the fly but maybe someone on this forum can be more detailed.  The camera has a tilt calibration.  Check the manual and should be an easy adjustment.
2015-2-1
Use props
Macphi
lvl.2

Switzerland

I'm having the exact same issue with the tilt
2015-2-1
Use props
owen.email
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Tilt is both left and right. Surely the point of the gimbal is to be straight at all times.
2015-2-1
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

Similar thing with mine.  Perfect flight, but gimbal would slowly and slightly tilt left and right on Follow and Free mode.  Only half the time will it be perfectly leveled.  IMU, Compass, and Gimbal calibration wouldn't help.  Adjusting gimbal roll didn't help either because even when I level the gimbal, it'll just have a mine of it's own by tilting left and right again during the same flight.  

This issue seems to be all over this forum, but I have yet to hear from DJI.  I don't know if I'm missing anything though.
2015-2-1
Use props
dennis.aerialpe
lvl.3
United States

DJI seems to be quiet on many issues lateley.  Hopefully they are correcting, testing and getting ready to release a new firmware update.
2015-2-1
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

dennis.aerialpe Posted at 2015-2-2 02:53
DJI seems to be quiet on many issues lateley.  Hopefully they are correcting, testing and getting re ...

Well if it's quiet I guess you can figure they are hard at work I'd rather them be quiet and hard at work than on here chit chatting all the time instead of working Just my 2 zinc cents worth. I'm happy flying my bird when the weather allows me!!! Rain Rain Rain I feel like I'm in the state of WA again lol......

Mike
2015-2-1
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

I'm sure (and hope) they are hard at work.  Such a nice bird.  Simple gimbals should be cake to them, right?  Once they do come up with a solution... please fix mine....
2015-2-1
Use props
owen.email
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Can't believe that the gimbal on the inspire is not absolutely perfect coming from DJI, I would think at this price point the first thing my money was spent on was a gimbal that worked, with flying also a given. If I wanted just to fly around, I would have just purchase something costing a few hundred pounds instead.  I own a PV2+ maybe should have stuck with this. Will complain to my supplier in the UK, it could be going back. bummer.
2015-2-1
Use props
owen.email
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Didn't really find any answers to this problem. Do I have to put up with tilting images? Can't face the fact I might have to wait for months for a fix or maybe not ever get one at all. Still within my fourteen days return, thinking maybe I should return it. The whole idea was to take great images, a lot harder with a faulty gimbal.
2015-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules