DJO Go vs Filmic Pro
5534 10 2016-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kkodalen159
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475850 ft
United States

I recently purchased an Osmo Mobile and I've only used it for a couple of days now but I love it and I'm very happy with my purchase.  I wanted it because I was looking to try shooting and creating videos as a new hobby and I knew this would help me utilize the great camera in my Note 7 that I'm comfortable using.  I'm also getting a golden retriever puppy soon and thought this would be a great way to do some cool shots to document her as she grows.  As I read through and watch a ton of tutorials and try to soak up as much tips and tricks as I can I keep seeing people mention how great Filmic Pro is and how much they love using it.  I'm curious as to how it compares with DJI Go and if it truly is worth the $10.  I'm green in this field and don't know how to use a lot of the features, but I definitely want to learn and want to make sure I'm getting the most out of my phone and Osmo.  What are the main features of Filmic Pro that DJO Go doesn't also offer?  Also, I'd be very appreciative if anyone has other tips for beginners on what to use to create videos - I've been using the DJO Go editor and iMovie but looking for something more.  Thanks!         
2016-9-29
Use props
skay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31932 ft
United States

If you are already with all that DJI Go offers, go to the Filmic Pro website and read through the users manual. That will give you a good feel for the features that go well beyond what DJI Go offers: Focus Pull presets, Digital zooming with quality warning, more frame rate/playback rate/resolution choices, etc.
2016-9-29
Use props
Marco Cantieni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1630453 ft
Germany

skay Posted at 2016-9-29 17:43
If you are already with all that DJI Go offers, go to the Filmic Pro website and read through the us ...

I have purchased Filmic Pro 1 year ago. However I have not used it a great deal because of the simple and fast stock app of my iPhone. Then I purchased an Osmo Mobile to find out that Filmic can disable the OIS of my phone so that it is not fighting with the Osmo stabilizing my footage. On top of that Filmic does support the buttons on the Osmo Mobile - at least on the iOS version of Filmic. Just great! Some more pros for Filmic:
- it saves your footage with a higher bitrate so that you get better quality from your phone camera
- it has many features that let you produce excellent footage that would simply not possible with the DJI app or any normal camera app.

Cons:
Filmic does not support some key features of the DJI app like panorama, motion timelapse and active tracking.
2016-9-29
Use props
kkodalen159
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the input Skay - I've been looking through the manual and there is a lot to learn about the app.  I appreciate your thoughts as well Marco - I just traded in my 6S Plus for my Note 7 and I'm glad I'm not having the OIS issue but would love to have 4k options, hoping the Filmic Pro can solve that.  If the Filmic did support the buttons on the Osmo Mobile I would definitely get it but I can't find anywhere that says it does this.  Seems like it still has some room to grow on the Android side.  
2016-9-29
Use props
bleyten
lvl.2

kkodalen159 Posted at 2016-9-30 01:08
Thanks for the input Skay - I've been looking through the manual and there is a lot to learn about t ...

Note 7 user here. I purchased the Filmic Pro app to try out but ended up getting a refund. The only thing I felt would have been an improvement over using the Pro mode of the stock Samsung camera app would have been the focus pull and use of hardware buttons on the Osmo. Neither worked properly. Maybe they'll improve it in the future?! In the meanwhile I've just been using voice commands to snap pics and start recording in the stock app which takes great footage!
2016-9-29
Use props
kkodalen159
lvl.4
United States

bleyten Posted at 2016-9-29 14:41
Note 7 user here. I purchased the Filmic Pro app to try out but ended up getting a refund. The onl ...

Thanks for the heads up, I really appreciate it!  I'll keep looking for future updates - let me know if you find out any other cool features for the Note.  
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

kkodalen159 Posted at 2016-9-29 15:15
Thanks for the heads up, I really appreciate it!  I'll keep looking for future updates - let me kn ...

Hi, don't worry, the 4K support for Note7 will be in the new DJI Go Android, very soon.
2016-9-29
Use props
kkodalen159
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-30 03:27
Hi, don't worry, the 4K support for Note7 will be in the new DJI Go Android, very soon.

"Very soon" as in I'm going to have a fun weekend testing it out soon?  Haha, jk - I look forward to seeing it!
2016-9-30
Use props
kkodalen159
lvl.4
United States

This update is taking longer than I was expecting. Any idea on when it will be released?
2016-10-5
Use props
jeancarlobattad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47671 ft
Canada

I'm assuming they'll release the update just before people start receiving their mavic
2016-10-5
Use props
kkodalen159
lvl.4
United States

jeancarlobattad Posted at 2016-10-6 03:17
I'm assuming they'll release the update just before people start receiving their mavic

I guess with all the complaints with the latest firmware update I can wait for a better update to be released.  
2016-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules