Upgraded firmware. Now controller LED is yellow.
2016 9 2015-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ThommyBoy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1450453 ft
United States

I upgraded to the latest firmware and now controller is not working.  When I turn on the power switch the LED flashes green then turns yellow.  Control sticks do nothing.  I called DJI tech help and they said there are issues with the new version of the firmware and they have had many calls with the same problem I'm having.  I was told there's nothing I can do until they release new firmware and to keep checking the site.  I was also told I can't go back to a previous version.  Anyone have a solution?
2015-2-1
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

A friend of mine did the same damn thing, He had to get a RMA# and send his back to DJI headquarters in L.A., but one thing different he took his P2V+ did a waypoint flight all was going good until the ground station app went blank his Phantom turned around and headed back to the second waypoint and crashed into a tree. He updated to V3.6, and now they have v3.8. I am not going to upgrade again until I have all the instructions. I am also thinking about purchasing another quad "Scout X4" , from Walkera. Love my Phantom2 Vision Plus, but it has become a headache with all the firmware updates all the time and then they don't work.To much time figuring out problems than having fun flying and worrying about crashing.  
2015-2-1
Use props
RCinParadise
lvl.1

Costa Rica

Main Controller firmware 3.10 has a huge "bug", do not upgrade your ph2.  You will get an IMU initialization error (error 25).  There is a temperature issue that prevent the initialization process to be completed.  If you do a cold star, ph2 will set up correctly.  If you turn it off and try again inmediately, the problem will be there, the leds will be: green-red-yellow.   A new firmware is need it from DJI ASAP.
2015-2-1
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

ThommyBoy, it's true that you cannot roll back to an old version of the 3.x firmware. You could install version 2.x of the Phantom Assistant application and use the latest 2.x firmware. I've never used the 2.x firmware. So, I'm not sure how it compares to the current firmware.
2015-2-1
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

See this link for more info on downgrading:
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=32773
2015-2-1
Use props
leslierushforth
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I had the same problem on the controler yellow LED.
Calabrate manualy first a must.....then calibrate on the software
here is a link on how to calibrate the controler manualy....
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ntroler&lang=en
2015-2-3
Use props
rod
lvl.4

New Zealand

Hi Thommyboy, a yellow power switch on your controller indicates you need to relink it to the phantom.  The procedure is in the manual and very simple, takes about 7 seconds.  Be aware that the button referred to in the manual on the bottom of the bird is actually the led.(they don't make this very clear.)  A gentle push with a blunt object will operate it.
Best of luck-let us know if that fixes it.
Cheers!
Rod  
2015-2-3
Use props
decoratz.yahoo
lvl.2
United States

If you didn't complete the calibration process before clicking FINISH, the controller light will be yellow and it won't operate the Phantom. Use RC and move each stick in a full circle a few times, and operate all the switches. Then click FINISH. This is what solved it for me.
2015-2-3
Use props
uncle.scrooch
lvl.1

South Africa

decoratz.yahoo Posted at 2015-2-4 15:50
If you didn't complete the calibration process before clicking FINISH, the controller light will be  ...

Thanks Brother. I panicked there for a second. Your solution helped
2015-2-9
Use props
alanwang
New

South Korea

Hello , I think it is the led is not working , replace it . apa102
2015-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules