Can Mavic controller be used on an Inspire?
2762 6 2016-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

There would be reduced functionality but essentially my question is whether the control and video link protocols similar across Mavic and P4/I1 platforms? If so, when hiking, I would love to use the smaller, lighter controller!
2016-9-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi MTC

If I were to guess, the answer is most likely no. They have a new transmission protocol and it would not be compatible with the older Lightbridge units.

I hope someone from DJI  will comment for you

Rich
2016-9-29
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

No, Mavic uses a completely different datalink.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, to avoid some compatibility problems which may cause damage,Inspire 1 can not use Mavic`s RC.Thanks for your understanding !
2016-9-29
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Thanks all for your replies. That new protocol 'oculink' must be special. I guess it will be used by the Inspire 2 as well with mixed feelings from existing users. If its some kind of difference that can be made up in firmware that would be great. It looks as if DJI has figured a novel way to get more out of every milliwatt of RF output. Kudos to them.
I would love to have an alternative smaller controller for the Inspire that is like the Mavic's. So DJI engineers - listen up!
2016-9-30
Use props
fans31c8eda2
New

Venezuela

Hi! I need help I have a mavic pro and the remote controller conect to de mavic I can control fly etc but I have no image from the remote to mi phone I try conect to android too and not working, but wen I use wifi I have image I try to go back firenware and upgrade again but not working so I guest is the remote, the problem is that I leave in venezuela and is no service here how can I buy a dji remote?? Do you know some one is sale one how can I fix this one?? Thanks
2017-1-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans31c8eda2 Posted at 2017-1-29 13:31
Hi! I need help I have a mavic pro and the remote controller conect to de mavic I can control fly etc but I have no image from the remote to mi phone I try conect to android too and not working, but wen I use wifi I have image I try to go back firenware and upgrade again but not working so I guest is the remote, the problem is that I leave in venezuela and is no service here how can I buy a dji remote?? Do you know some one is sale one how can I fix this one?? Thanks

Have ou tried looking at the Mavic section of the DJI Forum?
2017-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules